Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Buddh wins the Best Circuit award!

Buddh International Circuit, India has just bagged the Best Circuit award at this year's Professional Motor Sport World Expo Awards!

Source

Quote:
India's new Buddh circuit won in the best circuit category, while Red Bull's title-winning RB7 took the plaudit for car of the year.

The winners were decided by a judging panel including figures such as Gary Anderson, Michael Andretti and Pascal Vasselon, and announced during a ceremony in Cologne.
Scorcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Buddh wins the Best Circuit award!

That's good news. They haven't mentioned the criteria though.

Leaving aside minor things like dust, "the" dog and some infrastructure-related jobs, I think the track, logistics and the event itself were very well managed.

Cynicism aside, I just hope this ain't a PR activity.
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure about that link. It gives no details. Here's another one

Global award for Buddh International Circuit - Yahoo!

Not sure how big an award this is - not sure if I really care about it too. The show will be better next year but I hope racing too is better next year - i didn't find it all that interesting this year - but way better than Abu Dabhi.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:01   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I hope racing too is better next year - i didn't find it all that interesting this year - but way better than Abu Dabhi.
I agree with asr245. The races were plain Jane this year.
To me, entertainment wise, I only find the Monaco GP the most exciting of all races every season! It's got that air about it that no other circuit does.

So to me, the Monaco 'circuit' is the best as far as F1 racing goes!
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

PMW Expo is a pretty big event in Motorsport circles in the US and EU. Getting an award by them is a pretty big achievement.
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:09   #6
BHPian

Didn't Korea get an award for best circuit last year? I think we shouldn't read too much into these awards. The Jaypee guys did a great job but was it the best circuit this year ? I highly doubt it.
Old 23rd November 2011, 19:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Contrasting stats from Formula 1

Quote:
Q: Which races have seen the most overtakes and which the least?
A: The highest number of clean overtakes were recorded in Turkey (85), Canada (79) and China (67). The races with the fewest were Monaco (16), Australia (17) and India (18). Nine races featured fewer than 50 clean overtakes; eight races featured more than 50. There have been an average of 45 clean overtakes per race - broken down to 25 normal overtakes and 20 with DRS.
BIC is 3rd from bottom when it's comes to successful overtaking. 78% of them were due to use of DRS (again 3rd from top on the list).
Old 28th November 2011, 13:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:

BIC is 3rd from bottom when it's comes to successful overtaking. 78% of them were due to use of DRS (again 3rd from top on the list).

Interesting stats there asr245. Hope they come up with some new rules to spice up F1 next season. Most of the races this season were a drag!!
Old 28th November 2011, 14:57   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe its a deserved award. For a developing country to produce a high quality track and pull off a very successful F1 race is an achievement.
Old 28th November 2011, 17:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

I loved the circuit. It's like a roller coaster.
I consider ourselves blessed. Wealthy nations like Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, etc have less exciting tracks.
It truly deserves the award and I'm talking just about the design.
Old 28th November 2011, 18:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Buddh is certainly one of the better race tracks in recent times. The race itself was a bit dull this year, but the drivers were unanimous in their appreciation of the track.

The number-of-overtakes at a race does not present the whole picture. Spa is widely regarded as the best track by drivers, but might not have the most number of overtaking manoeuvres.
Old 28th November 2011, 19:15   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Contrasting what? The track got an award for it's design. The race action has nothing to do with it.

It is a moment to be proud of when you know that a country like the US has been mucking up its chances at F1 for over a decade now. First Indy, then the USF1 joke, now the Austin track being under threat. Who knows what's going to happen to the proposed New Jersey location.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Contrasting what? The track got an award for it's design. The race action has nothing to do with it.
It's contrasting that while the facilities et all might be award winning, the race itself wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
It is a moment to be proud of when you know that a country like the US has been mucking up its chances at F1 for over a decade now. First Indy, then the USF1 joke, now the Austin track being under threat. Who knows what's going to happen to the proposed New Jersey location.
US is an entirely different story. It has several of it's own very popular racing series. They don't care much about F1 which is why they don't want to pay Bernie the millions he's demanding.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Buddh is certainly one of the better race tracks in recent times. The race itself was a bit dull this year, but the drivers were unanimous in their appreciation of the track.

The number-of-overtakes at a race does not present the whole picture. Spa is widely regarded as the best track by drivers, but might not have the most number of overtaking manoeuvres.
Quote:

As per all drivers BIC is a circuit which can offer more overtaking than any other or same as current top circuit. What happened to inaugural race was that due to the rush of finishing facility in time, hard run-off areas and solid grown green grass was limited. Due to loose soil, grass and dust drivers were not taking any risk for alternate racing lines considering most of the corners' entry and straights are very wide than other top tracks. Once the off-track glitches are solved, we can see lot many overtaking.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 29th November 2011, 12:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I loved the circuit. It's like a roller coaster.
I consider ourselves blessed. Wealthy nations like Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, etc have less exciting tracks.
It truly deserves the award and I'm talking just about the design.
That's soo true Have to totally agree with yoy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks