Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 17:03   #166
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Formula One Season

Ross sums it all on the nose design of 2012:

"Notwithstanding the distinctive nose design, which is certainly an acquired taste.... "

Allez Schumi !!!!

Cheers !!
Old 21st February 2012, 22:19   #167
mgh
BHPian

Formula 1
Today's test news
Old 24th February 2012, 07:01   #168
BHPian

Tata Comm to add speed to Formula 1; signs multi-yr deal

Tata Communications today said it has signed a multi-year technology service and marketing agreement with Formula One to provide connectivity backbone across its 20 motor racing locations worldwide.

Source: Tata Comm to add speed to Formula 1; signs multi-yr deal

-Sajan
Old 26th February 2012, 22:42   #169
Senior - BHPian

Found this superb video of Massa testing launch in his Ferrari. The sound of the Ferrari is really different compared to the other cars and notice how well they have adapted their cars to start with absolutely no wheelspin with Launch Control being banned

Old 1st March 2012, 17:27   #170
Senior - BHPian

Look at that packaging of the engine cover. I know the Renault engine is compact but how on earth did RBR manage to free so much space? It scares me.

The 2012 Formula One Season-redb_webb_barc_20123.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 18:09   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Look at that packaging of the engine cover. I know the Renault engine is compact but how on earth did RBR manage to free so much space? It scares me.

Attachment 895716
Wow.. Surreal.

I think Ron Dennis and Frank Williams would crib daily on the mistake they have done in the past to let go of Adrian Newey. Frank has admitted few days back. Ron would never admit, I think or even if there was one , it would be more Ronspeak (we would never understand fully what he would say).

RBR has given Newey the free hand to do what he liked, after few years, what we have are all monsters on the track.

As Bernie says, put the Schum on the RBR and see....

Last edited by polopm : 2nd March 2012 at 18:14. Reason: Sentence completion !
Old 5th March 2012, 00:16   #172
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari rules out podium fight
Ferrari's technical director Pat Fry rules out podium fight in Melbourne | Ferrari | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Not good at all. Dont want to imagine it being worse than last season.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:10   #173
mgh
BHPian

Almost all teams participating in the trials got to top the time charts at least once. Raikkonen got to do it twice. Ideal PR for Formula One!
I think we have to wait till Australia to get an idea of the relative strengths of various teams.
Old 6th March 2012, 09:44   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Ferrari rules out podium fight
Ferrari's technical director Pat Fry rules out podium fight in Melbourne | Ferrari | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Not good at all. Dont want to imagine it being worse than last season.
It was meant to be, as the F2012 is path-breaking not an evolution of last year' machine. They will need more time with the car to crack it and bring it up to speed. I hope Ferrari doesn't take too long and there are no reliability woes.

The restriction on testing is a problem, but then its same for everyone. So Ferrari got to learn the maximum possible from the initial races. Staying out of trouble, running the entire distance and finishing. That'll help a lot.
Old 6th March 2012, 17:56   #175
BHPian

Folks

Check this fantastic comparison between the Drinks company car and McLaren:

http://f1tcdn.net/gallery/var/fullsi.../rb8-mp427.jpg

Side by side: Red Bull RB8 and McLaren MP4-27

Cheers !
Old 7th March 2012, 09:18   #176
Senior - BHPian

F1: Red Bull May Revert To 'Old' RB8 For Melbourne

So much for their new upgrades. It seems it has made the car unreliable and slow!
Old 7th March 2012, 11:30   #177
Senior - BHPian

The HRT Challenger for 2012

They finally did their shakedown at Catalunya!

The 2012 Formula One Season-lf11208.jpg
Old 7th March 2012, 12:10   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
It was meant to be, as the F2012 is path-breaking not an evolution of last year' machine. They will need more time with the car to crack it and bring it up to speed. I hope Ferrari doesn't take too long and there are no reliability woes.

The restriction on testing is a problem, but then its same for everyone. So Ferrari got to learn the maximum possible from the initial races. Staying out of trouble, running the entire distance and finishing. That'll help a lot.
The Ferrari design philosophy is not really path breaking, the pull rod suspension first appeared in the 2001 Minardi. They have now also completed a couple of race simulations. In testing, Ferrari are ranked 3rd in the overall mileage accumulated, completing over 1080 laps. Of a team their size, they would also have gathered a lot of data through simulations.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:31   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
The Ferrari design philosophy is not really path breaking, the pull rod suspension first appeared in the 2001 Minardi. They have now also completed a couple of race simulations. In testing, Ferrari are ranked 3rd in the overall mileage accumulated, completing over 1080 laps. Of a team their size, they would also have gathered a lot of data through simulations.
If you thought it was just the pull rod suspension that was thought to be path breaking, its not!

The car is completely new underneath with its new floor, cooling, gearbox construction, the nose that will incorporate the Mercedes concept of the W-Wing soon, the rear exhaust which runs parallel to the cooling wanes and create the hot blowing effect. There are more details that you could find over the F1 blogs.

Ferrari's main struggle is with getting the position of the exhaust right to get the EBD effect! Something fixable, but they lost tremendous amount of testing time when they were running defective body work on the car which was giving them incorrect data. I am expecting Ferrari to be on pace after the first couple of races.

They also have a completely new floor system at concept level developed by infamous Rory Bryne and its expected to be on the car when racing returns to Europe after races in Asia. This was the original plan before testing started and I dont know where they are now with this plan!

EDIT:

Oh no, the old man is angry again

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...ferrari-f2012/

Last edited by anachronix : 7th March 2012 at 15:41.
Old 8th March 2012, 00:29   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Almost all teams participating in the trials got to top the time charts at least once. Raikkonen got to do it twice. Ideal PR for Formula One!
I think we have to wait till Australia to get an idea of the relative strengths of various teams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
If you thought it was just the pull rod suspension that was thought to be path breaking, its not!

EDIT:

Oh no, the old man is angry again

Montezemolo wants answers on problems with Ferrari F2012James Allen on F1
Too much of pre-season hype being created by all teams.

Its clearly understood, any team downplaying their chances this season are the one's who are clearly better ahead with their plan

Those who are not talking are the one's who seriously have trouble brewing.

I cant wait for the season to start.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks