Team-BHP - 2012 F1 - Australian Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2012 F1 - Australian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/115982-2012-f1-australian-grand-prix.html)

A unique circuit made around a man made Alberts Park Lake. The course is considered to be quite fast and relatively easy to drive. This starts the first race for the 2012 season.

With too many radical changes on the cars, SIX WORLD CHAMPIONS Battling it out this season,clap: it seems a level playing ground created.

It has to be seen how the season starts.

TIMETABLE

Fri 16 March 2012
Practice 1 07:00 - 08:30
Practice 2 11:00 - 12:30

Sat 17 March 2012
Practice 3 08:30 - 09:30

Qualifying 11:30

Sun 18 March 2012
Race 11:30

Melbourne Record

Race Date: 18 Mar 2012
Circuit Name: Albert Park
Number of Laps: 58
Circuit Length: 5.303 km
Race Distance: 307.574 km
Lap Record: 1:24.125 - M Schumacher (2004)

Don't you think it's a tad too early to start this thread? I mean the 2nd test start only today and there's another one after that and then this GP. It's still a good 4 weeks away (almost).

Cheers to the enthusiasm Pavan!

@ asr245 : Well for many of we F1 fans the 4-5 months break from F1 is too much. Not having the Pre Season testing telecast on TV for us Indians adds to the frustration and long wait. Practically testing means nothing to us without hearing the cars and watching them on TV :deadhorse

Pavan is like THE Time Table man for F1 here on TBHP :thumbs up and he always puts up the schedule for us. Believe me I don know how many times I have logged into websites like Yallaf1 and the official F1 site to view the countdown. For ppl like me who work even on Sunday's this helps plan the leaves well in advance.

This years Australian Grand Prix will for the first time have two DRS zones. Traditionally a track not known for its overtaking opportunity, and last year single DRS zone did not make for much overtaking.

With two DRS zones, it should make for good racing, with most team looking to be closer to each other compared to last year.

Will all teams to bring their final Spec to Practice 1, i am clued to see the right peaking order.

Currently its seems, like Red Bull, McLaren & Lotus are ahead of Merc & Ferrari.

Let the Season Begin.

So instead of one "farcical overtaking" zone (also known as DRS), we will now have 2. Why don't they just radio the driver to yield position?? :deadhorse

Narrower cars and wider tyres would be a much better long term solution than this artificial form of overtaking.

GP Australia 2009, Vídeo del circuito de Albert Park en Melbourne por Allianz - YouTube

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addy (Post 2708354)
@ asr245 : Well for many of we F1 fans the 4-5 months break from F1 is too much. Not having the Pre Season testing telecast on TV for us Indians adds to the frustration and long wait. Practically testing means nothing to us without hearing the cars and watching them on TV :deadhorse

Pavan is like THE Time Table man for F1 here on TBHP :thumbs up and he always puts up the schedule for us. Believe me I don know how many times I have logged into websites like Yallaf1 and the official F1 site to view the countdown. For ppl like me who work even on Sunday's this helps plan the leaves well in advance.

You know, Its literally being at the mercy of websites like Formula1.com and Autosport.com when it comes to pre-season testing:deadhorse

The next 3 days are a killer when it comes to wait for the FIRST GRAND PRIX of 2012.

And I just cannot wait any longerlol:

At last F1 is back. 3 more days and cars and crews starts rolling in.

Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Cars unloading

SkySports Video Player (v09) freewheel live

2012 F1 - Australian Grand Prix-mamgf1.jpg

Michael's car is rolled into the Garage:

2012 F1 - Australian Grand Prix-mamgf2.jpg

Source: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Fans, Faceebook

Cheers!

With 6 WC's on the grid and Raikkonen making a come back, I can hardly wait.

The master explains what goes on in the formation lap. And get the F1 W03 up close. :) Can't wait for the FP1.

Qantas Australian Formula One Melbourne 2012 F1 W03 Team AMG Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Preview - YouTube

Drivers will be able to use DRS on two consecutive straights in Melbourne, leading into turns one and three with single detection point.

Hope it doesn't make overtaking too easy. It will be bad if the second zone allows the driver who has overtaken to pull away using DRS.

Double DRS zones get single detection point in Melbourne - F1 Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 2714679)
Drivers will be able to use DRS on two consecutive straights in Melbourne, leading into turns one and three with single detection point.

Hope it doesn't make overtaking too easy. It will be bad if the second zone allows the driver who has overtaken to pull away using DRS.

Double DRS zones get single detection point in Melbourne - F1 Fanatic

Few more positive developments we guys would love to haveclap:

1) Good Commentators- Getting bored with that monotonous voices and speech delivery.

2) Better coverage of the race - The guys with the video camera and the guys who are telecasting F1 must actually know there are 12 teams and 24 drivers on the grid at a time during an F1 race. Not the No.1 driver always being shown:deadhorse Better footage of other team cars needed.

The controversial "F-Duct" story now revolves again lol:

Mercedes F1 team's rear wing concept deemed legal by FIA - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

While FIA has infact said, Mercedes AMG GP's design is well within the Legal limits of design.

Red Bull's Christian Horner says rivals will have to copy Mercedes wing concept - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

It will be interesting to see, how this will show its effect v/s the rivals on the Australian GPclap:

Weekend is getting hyped up.

Slightly off-topic, but couldn't stop myself from posting -

Kovalainen's new "Angry birds" helmet

2012 F1 - Australian Grand Prix-419270_408848135796213_196567440357618_1766614_1923804292_n.jpg

Source - Formula 1 official Google+ page