Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:47   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Off-topic again (I thought a new thread was being created)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Maximum 8 engines per season and one gear-box to last not more than 5 consecutive races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
If I remember correctly the rule for engine and gearboxes is that the engine must last 3 races and the gearbox 5 races.
It's 8 engines per season and 5 races minimum for the gear box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Massa lost all his speed after this qualifying crash at Hungary in 2009. I have not seen the same cheerful guy ever since. I think its curtains for him. Ferrari are dignified enough to let him race the entire season. Come 2013, i think Sergio Perez will make his way to Ferrari. He has been loaned to sauber in any case. There are rumours that since hamiltons contract with Mclaren runs out this season, he may call Montezemolo for a job at scuderia. But will Alonso have any of it???
I think Hockenhiem 2010 confirmed his no. 2 status and he has since lost self belief.

Sergio Perez?? I think you forget a Robert Kubica who if regains fitness is almost a certain to be a Ferrari driver. No way Hamilton's going to be in a Ferrari - RBR is the only other choice he has unless Mercedes can improve it's performance. If no Kubica, then they might flirt with Webber (if he remains competitive) as he too is free for 2013.
Old 22nd March 2012, 17:08   #47
BHPian

I doubt Hammy leaving McLaren. Hamilton is McLaren's baby and his dad advocates him to stay there too.

Personally I wouldn't like him in a Ferrari. He is too glamorous and offhand.
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:32   #48
BHPian

RBR closed its doors firmly last week with Horner saying that Hamilton will not fit. Herr Marko doesnt like the pairing , me thinks !

Ferrari - will be too big a problem (with Alonso). I think they always prefer a top driver and an able support like Rubens or Massa (provided they perform at around 80% of the other driver).

Mercedes might be a bet with the Schum calling it quits (in case).

The other options are outside F1. Nascar ??

A better option for him is to take Bernie's suggestion, throw out the Glitzy management team and get his dad to take care or someone like Mika Hakkinen .
He has to address his tyre wear-out woes. Period.

Why can't they bring back refuelling, michelin and bridgestones ???
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^

Hamilton's trouble is much beyond what everyone could guess. His reactions after the race were not encouraging at all. He lost it, but he knows that Mclaren has a good car this year and he could have easily laughed it off. But his whole body language was totally wrong.

I am afraid, DC might be right the first time ever!

F1: Coulthard worried Hamilton already beaten | News | Motorsport.com
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:42   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^

Hamilton's trouble is much beyond what everyone could guess. His reactions after the race were not encouraging at all. He lost it, but he knows that Mclaren has a good car this year and he could have easily laughed it off. But his whole body language was totally wrong.

I am afraid, DC might be right the first time ever!

F1: Coulthard worried Hamilton already beaten | News | Motorsport.com

I quite agree with that.

Hamilton had a sore face on the podium, he must be happy, that he did not crash on the opening race of the season but ended up on the podium.

He will have nowhere to go next year if he wants to keep options open... There ain't one dude

Ferrari might retain Alonso and get Kubica in.

Mercedes will anyway persuade Schumi to stay back if his season is good this year, and chances are Schumi might just say YES to Brawn. Roseberg is a good racer and might stay back at Mercedes

RBR are content with their package

So where does it leave Hamilton to go...??
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:16   #51
Senior - BHPian

I think we are going overboard with Hamilton' future here. He was mighty pissed on the podium because he was on the wrong step there.

Sure, Button is a force to reckon with in that McLaren. But there will be many races in 2012 where it will go Hamilton' way. And I am certain, if Lewis were to leave McLaren, he will surely land a drive with a top team.

Okay and in some good news, FIA rejects the complaints on Mercedes' rear wing. FIA rejects claims that Mercedes's rear wing is illegal - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Come on Merc, make use of it in Malaysia now.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:41   #52
BHPian

Okay and in some good news, FIA rejects the complaints on Mercedes' rear wing. FIA rejects claims that Mercedes's rear wing is illegal - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Come on Merc, make use of it in Malaysia now.[/quote]

This is the Brawn Brilliance. He did the same thing in 2009 with the introduction of Rear Blown diffuser. Every one said that i was illegal and when FIA said in his favour most the teams went ahead and had their own version and Button had his first title. Now lets see watch Schumi and Nico gain from it.
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:06   #53
BHPian

About Hamilton
I'm glad to see that there are BHPians who are not singing songs of Hamilton. Due to loads of Hamilton praising posts, I was finding it hard to express my opinion. What drove me away the most was comment "I feel sorry for Lewis for scoring third in Australia". What kind of biased support it is!

The biggest flaw with Hamilton is that he never had a proper training. He never had to learn to be patient while faster cars are overtaking him and he's stuck in his HRT. Session at a low team builds foundation of a world champion. And that's why, Hamilton is not world champion material and will never be if he continues to be at a top team.

Prediction for championship this year
The champion this year will be decided solely on which team improves their car the most. If McLaren improves the best, Jenson Button will be world champion. The 2nd half of last session is proof to it. If Red Bull then Sebastian Vettel. I don't foresee someone else as world champion this year.

Opinion about Kimi Raikkonen
Raikkonen is the most talented driver F1 ever had. Even M Schumacher and Hamilton are not as talented as he is. The only thing which stops him from becoming best ever driver in F1 history is his own attitude. Compared to other drivers, he doesn't express as much desire to deliver maximum performance. If anyone remembers his Ferrari days, he should know what I mean.
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:00   #54
BHPian

i completely bet on shumy the rain master. i am happy to see this season that car is performing better and shumy looks in Form. I am also keen to see shumy and hamilton neck to neck. i wish this comes true in the malayasian GP.
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Lewis Hamilton tops FP1 with 1:38.021 ahead of Vettel and Rosberg. Michael makes it two Mercedes in the top four, with Grosjean 5 and the only other driver within one second of Lewis.

Mark is 6th with 1:39.092, Kimi is 7th on 1:39.128 and Button is 9th with 1:39.323.

Massa at 13 (1:39.896) and Alonso at 15 (1:39.980). Ferrari will hope for heavy rain and some streams running across the circuit. Else, the F2012 is going to look really naked in the dry.

Lewis Hamilton maintains McLaren form with fastest time in first Sepang session - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Massa at 13 (1:39.896) and Alonso at 15 (1:39.980). Ferrari will hope for heavy rain and some streams running across the circuit. Else, the F2012 is going to look really naked in the dry.

Lewis Hamilton maintains McLaren form with fastest time in first Sepang session - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Not just from the timesheets in FP1, I was reading reports about Massa & Alonso were the ones to frequently lock up the wheels going into Turn 1. A bad bad indicator of the scarlet pig that Ferrari has made this time!

Name:  massalock.png
Views: 358
Size:  475.5 KB
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:08   #57
mgh
BHPian

Ferrari problems continue.
Order at present
1 McLaren
2 Red Bull
3/4 Mercedes/ Lotus

If Mercedes can sort out their tyre wear problems, they have the pace to fight for podiums.

HRT are still outside the 7% rule, may not get to race.

Last edited by mgh : 23rd March 2012 at 10:16.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:56   #58
BHPian

Lets see what happens in FP2.

The 3 tenths that McLaren had over the competition in Qualy in Aus seemed like a bit flattering. But the race also proved that they had spades of pace over the pack.

Now its only FP1 and 0.5 sec is a lot of time but I am hoping by Qualy tomorrow, somebody will close up the gap.

If you have close to .5 sec at the beginning of the year, then its gonna be a hard year for the teams to catchup.

Mercedes - especially Rosberg did say they might have to compromise Qualy setup for Race endurance (tyres) so it might mean that they will have to rely more on their straight line speed advantage while not working up the tyres too much in qualy. So I don't expect a Merc front row unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat !
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari is testing new parts on the car. Alonso does a 1:38.891 so far in FP2.

Alonso has a new front wing, but Lewis on older medium tyres go faster with 1:38.816

Last edited by deetjohn : 23rd March 2012 at 12:16. Reason: Adding text.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

The new front wing

http://www.formula1.com/wi/0x0/sutto.../d12mal778.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks