Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 15:02   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Schumi had to change his gearbox , whatever happens he would be penalised 5 grid places .. crap !!
Schumacher will not be penalised for a gearbox change. A passage from the FIA F1 rule book for your perusal.

Quote:
Each driver may use no more than one gearbox for five consecutive events. Every unscheduled gearbox change will require the driver to drop five places on the grid at that meeting. Every subsequent unscheduled gearbox change will require the driver to drop five places on the grid.

If a driver fails to finish a race due to reasons beyond his or his team's control, he may start the next meeting with a different gearbox without incurring a penalty.

Last edited by vikram_d : 24th March 2012 at 15:03.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 15:28   #77
BHPian

Michael Schumaaaaacha!

Could this be the much awaited comeback of Schumi? His car has got pace and his talent is known. I hope he does!

Good to see old boys back in action. It could have been much more interesting if there weren't any grid penalty for Kimi tomorrow...

Webber seems quick all of sudden, whereas Vettel was struggling?? Interesting!

Can't wait for the race tomorrow!
Old 24th March 2012, 16:55   #78
BHPian

One Good thing about tomarrows Race is that all the 24 cars will start on the grid. It will be good to see both the HRT's in the race tomarrow
Old 24th March 2012, 17:49   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Michael Schumaaaaacha!

Could this be the much awaited comeback of Schumi? His car has got pace and his talent is known. I hope he does!

Good to see old boys back in action. It could have been much more interesting if there weren't any grid penalty for Kimi tomorrow...

Webber seems quick all of sudden, whereas Vettel was struggling?? Interesting!

Can't wait for the race tomorrow!

Cant agree more on that

But..! i see only ONE problem. RedBull's are not quite far away on the grid Michael needs to hold his nerve to stay on top 3 at the start of the race tomorrow, else we will see RBR's running away to an easy 3rd. Which could rob Schumi of his Best ever position after comeback.

Mclarens are certainly superb in their Pace, and last race we have seen how good the RedBulls are. While Hamilton might just do something stupid tomorrow, need to watch out in tomorrows action filled race. I would sincerely like to see Kimi finishing in top 5 and Of course , Schumi on the Podium tomorrow.

Well. Force India might have to show a bit more agression, they are not even talked about this season.
Old 24th March 2012, 17:53   #80
Senior - BHPian

Bravo Michael!

I hope the W03' race pace is good and Mercedes have found a good balance. And I hope Michael makes the podium again tomorrow.

Here is the official press conference with the top 3. Formula 1

Vettel is on hard tyres. That was a very good lap from him in Q3. Let's see how it works out tomorrow.
Old 24th March 2012, 22:07   #81
mgh
BHPian

Maldonado seems to have become an expert at committing a new mistake every time.
Sahara Force India seem to be a spent force. May be the bad vibes from Kingfisher Airlines are casting a pall of gloom over the team.
Ferrari were clearly the third team in the pecking order last year, this year they appear to be fifth.
McLaren are the clear leaders at the moment. The pecking order among the remaining three-Red Bull, Mercedes, and Lotus, is not yet clear.
With the qualifying timings being so close in Q2, a very interesting race seems to be in the offing tomorrow.
Old 24th March 2012, 22:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

If the race stays completely dry, I think that we are going to have the same 3 guys on the podium as we did in Australia - maybe in a different order. I think Schumi might make it interesting during the initial part of the race, because the Mercs start well and he could surprise Button into T1.
Old 24th March 2012, 23:35   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Bravo Michael!

I hope the W03' race pace is good and Mercedes have found a good balance. And I hope Michael makes the podium again tomorrow.

Vettel is on hard tyres. That was a very good lap from him in Q3. Let's see how it works out tomorrow.
Vettel had mentioned, softer compound tyres degrade too fast and did not suit the RedBull's.

But as per qualifying, he has used the hard tyres, will their plan work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
If the race stays completely dry, I think that we are going to have the same 3 guys on the podium as we did in Australia - maybe in a different order. I think Schumi might make it interesting during the initial part of the race, because the Mercs start well and he could surprise Button into T1.

With the heat up tomorrow and chances of Rain... Things are getting unpredictable

Rain should do Schumi a lot good.
Old 25th March 2012, 07:52   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Vettel had mentioned, softer compound tyres degrade too fast and did not suit the RedBull's.

But as per qualifying, he has used the hard tyres, will their plan work?
RBR said they didn't have an option as the car was eating its Medium. The tyres wear the most when the fuel tank is full. So if Vettel can keep up with others around him during the initial stage on those Hard tyres and delay the first pit stop, he will be in good shape.

The run up to the first corner is very long in Sepang. Expect a lot of position changes here. Schumi and the Merc starts well. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets to lead a bit initially. But the Merc could fall back later on when the tyres go off early.

And of course, all this will change if it rains.

Last edited by deetjohn : 25th March 2012 at 07:53. Reason: typo
Old 25th March 2012, 11:50   #85
BHPian

I guess Mclarens would have a cakewalk but the podium could be an interesting catfight.

Kimi may spring in a surprise knowing he has the race pace and a good car.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

Its starting to rain in Sepang, expect the race to start in wet conditions!
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 12:41   #87
Senior - BHPian

I'm watching the pre-race telecast live on TV now. No sign of rain right now and the forecast says "No rain expected for the moment".

EDIT: 1:01pm: And now Nico Rosberg's team radio says, "The rain is coming Nico".

Last edited by StarrySky : 25th March 2012 at 13:05.
Old 25th March 2012, 12:51   #88
Senior - BHPian

It is dry out there. But the black clouds are approaching the circuit. I hope it doesn't rain before the start at least.
Old 25th March 2012, 13:12   #89
Senior - BHPian

And now Schumi says on team radio, "First drop of rain is here".
Old 25th March 2012, 13:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

New rain master is Lewis Hamilton. Move over schumi.
Lots of cars starting on intermediates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks