Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2012, 21:19   #31
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Buddy, thanks to you everytime

For the same reason, i had mentioned this link at the starting of this thread, and i shall include this link on every F1 thread from now on.

Felt sad for the Iceman not making it to the Q3 for no fault of his.

Advantage being Schumi starts off tomorrow with all set of FRESH tyres and DRS Working
pavan, putting up the link may invite trouble,FIA snoops web traffic looking for streamers and take them down whenever possible.Lots of such sites have shutdown due to unwanted attention.
Anyway Lotus are a big zero when coming to strategy.The tyres in my opinion are a joke rarely rewarding quality drives and making it more of a luck game. They should last a bit 5-6 laps more. Miss the 2005 season when i think car performance was at the best. Bernie and his clowns should stop messing with the game.
aditya116 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2012, 02:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it a bit childish on Bernie's part to deny Force India any TV time during qualifying?
Force India silent on TV exposure claims during qualifying in Bahrain - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:16   #33
BHPian

Same finger again! Hope it is overhauled by one of the McLarens!
Old 22nd April 2012, 10:53   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Isn't it a bit childish on Bernie's part to deny Force India any TV time during qualifying?
Force India silent on TV exposure claims during qualifying in Bahrain - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
I wonder how much control does Bernie have on the broadcasters. ESPN/Star/BSkyB are no babes in the wood. See ESPN-HD did not have live coverage of the qualifying.

Also,let us face it Force India are mid field runners and not a glamour team.

The politics does make me sad. I wish this race was not happening.
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:33   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Force india skipped fp2 because of valid reasons -
The Silverstone-based team is considering withdrawing from second free practice in Bahrain so its personnel can return to their hotels early - to avoid the possibility of trouble on the journey home.
Four members of its staff were caught up in a clash between protestors and police on Wednesday night – with a Molotov cocktail landing near their car. That incident has resulted in two team members returning home because they no longer wished to stay in Bahrain.
see- Force India backs decision to go ahead with the Bahrain Grand Prix - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why FI was keen on leaving the track early while all other teams had no issues including Sauber who also were witness to some incidents before Free practice?

It puts the organizers in bad light when the media are waiting like vultures to feed on any scrap they get from Bahrain.

Also if anything, F1 in Bahrain has actually made the world turn up and notice the happenings in the country. It has given them more exposure.

This is a sporting event and mustn't be used as a pawn in a political turmoil.
Old 22nd April 2012, 12:46   #37
BHPian

My take is that if people of the country dont want a GP to be held just scrap it.Imagine if similar situation was there in india.Think bahrain will be off the list from next year for a long time.
Old 22nd April 2012, 13:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Imagine if similar situation was there in india.
Didn't the same happen in India too? Noida Farmers protesting, remember? Though it was not as big as the revolution in Bahrain.

Regarding prediction for today's race, I expect Vettel, Hamilton or Button as winner. Jenson Button is always favorite to win due to his great tyre management and superb strategy but not so favorite due to his talent to have bad luck. With Seb Vettel on pole, we might see a repeat of last year. Pole to victory!

Mark my words. Lotus will work hard to make sure Raikkonen finishes outside points

Last edited by DevilsCry : 22nd April 2012 at 13:33. Reason: Adding last line
Old 22nd April 2012, 16:26   #39
BHPian

Its Official... After all GOD is FERRARI FAN. Rain for Bahrain F1. Who would have thought it would rain in a desert.
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

Another brilliant race!

4 races, 4 winner and from 4 different teams, haven't seen a season like this.

Nice to see the Iceman pack in the thick of the action.
Waiting to see the Ferrabuer in action in the Barcelona race.
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:25   #41
BHPian

As jackie stewart points out podium for both lotus would have made colin chapman proud.The season seems to get better and better.
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:37   #42
BANNED

What a fantastic race

Kimi was charging so well, just wished he would take it away from Vettel, anyways.. Vettel had a very good race.

Great race from Schumi to take 10th place after being on the back of the grid, he should certainly take pole next race to take his maiden victory.
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:38   #43
BHPian

Its good to see the iceman back That was a close race. The Lotus cars really surprised me with their pace. Lotus should have pitted Kimi atleast a lap earlier than Vettel and tried to undercut the redbull. Their pit stops were a little slow as well.

Mclarens were a big disappointment. Did not really expect them to fight with the Ferrari's. Looking forward to the Mugello test and hope Ferrari can make some major improvements.
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:39   #44
Team-BHP Support

Another great race and good to see Kimi back on the podium.

And something seriously wrong with Mclaren’s pitstop job. It was Button who suffered in the last race, and this time it was Hamilton’s turn, that too twice!
Old 22nd April 2012, 19:58   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Mark my words. Lotus will work hard to make sure Raikkonen finishes outside points
I think now you gotta do something called eat your own words

McLarens either lack money to fix the guy at tail end of car or they are stupid. LH lost a tonne of time, 21 secs in pits doing nothing. I feel he is going to speak publicly about it. Third time that he has suffered in 4 races.

Last edited by akshay380 : 22nd April 2012 at 20:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks