Team-BHP - 2012 F1 - Spanish Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2012 F1 - Spanish Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/120260-2012-f1-spanish-grand-prix.html)

I just love the looooong straight this circuit hasclap: well we all love this difficult track as its tricky and free flowing.

Again saying, the Champioship is thrown wide open and each race has different winner, hope this does not carryon further, else F1 will more be a STAGED Entertainment than a sportplease:

F1 TIMETABLE

Fri 11 May 2012

Practice 1 - 13:30 - 15:00

Practice 2 - 17:30 - 19:00

Sat 12 May 2012

Practice 3 - 14:30 - 15:30

Qualifying - 17:30

Sun 13 May 2012

Race Day - 17:30

SANTANDER - Spain CIRCUIT DETAILS

Race Date: 13 May 2012

Circuit Name: Circuit de Catalunya

Number of Laps: 66

Circuit Length: 4.655 km

Race Distance: 307.104 km

Lap Record: 1:21.670 - K Raikkonen (2008)

LIVE STREAMING LINK FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT WATCH IT ON TV

FirstRow Watch Live F1 Race Online | Moto GP online Stream | Formula 1 live streaming and Moto GP Free Stream

Pavan ! A good head start here for the race ahead @ Catalunya. I want to see the 92nd win and soon head to 100 wins. You know whom I am talking about. It is time to deliver now but with the championship opened because of the Pirelli rubber, the honor and spoils are hard to predict.

I actually want a new winner for this race. Watch out for Kimi, he is all fired up after having to settle for 2nd in Bahrain.

Yeah! Kimi for the win! & Mark to beat Vettel.

This track is known to demand high aero grip and overtaking has been extremely difficult in the past. Pole sitters have won 16 of the 21 races held here since 1991 (source - At a glance: Barcelona Grand Prix winners - GPUpdate.net)

Let's see how big a role tyres play this time around. I hope it's more exciting than the processions we have had here in the past.

A Kimi win and podiums for both Ferrari's would make my weekend :D On a serious note, looking forward to see if Lotus can win and how close Ferrari is close to the front runners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK (Post 2771201)
Pavan ! A good head start here for the race ahead @ Catalunya. I want to see the 92nd win and soon head to 100 wins. You know whom I am talking about. It is time to deliver now but with the championship opened because of the Pirelli rubber, the honor and spoils are hard to predict.

Really want to see him on Podium before he say Bye to race but looks difficult. Kimi is the one to watch out for, but again tyre management holds the key not the race :Frustrati. Sad but true.

Wouldn't be surprised at a fifth winner for the season.
Hoping that the best driver on the circuit, gets a car with which he can win consistently.

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

A Little History about the Spanish GP.. Interesting read and some videos to keep you occupied till Free Practice 1 - Gran Premio de España, Montmeló « Tertulias de Fórmula 1

Page in Spanish, use Google translate

Pictures of preparations for Spanish Grand prix - http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/05/10/sro...-de-catalunya/

McLaren will test the new high nose in practice on Friday and may run it in the race.

I don't know about the aero advantage, but this high nose on the MP4-27 at least is not that ugly to look at.

2012 F1 - Spanish Grand Prix-mclarennasemugellotest201219fotoshowimagenew879209f0592480.jpg
2012 F1 - Spanish Grand Prix-mclarennasemugellof1test201219fotoshowimagenewf0b6a1df592387.jpg
Pictures courtesy: Auto Motor und Sport.

I hope the F2012 is competent in the race with the flurry of upgrades.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 2773542)
I hope the F2012 is competent in the race with the flurry of upgrades.

They have definitely made a step forward. But how much is the real question. They still have some updates to be tested in Spain. I would be incredibly disappointed if they stayed where they are.

Just a little over 2 hours for Friday practice.

At the end of Free Practice 1, Alonso tops the time sheet ahead of Vettel!. It is still practice and we don't know what is the amount of fuel in the cars but it does look a lot promising for Ferrari. They were at least 1.8 - 2 seconds off the pace during FP1 in Bahrain and Malaysia. A little over 2 hours for Practice 2 and cant wait for it.

Other observations: Ferrari did something aerodynamic analysis with flow viz. Lotus did their normal thing. Hamilton complained about under-steer in Sector 2. Sauber's had some off track running.

Looks promising for Ferrari and Alonso. Now sure how Massa will perform on Sat and Sun though. Am keen to see the prancing horse regain some form after a dismal start (especially Massa) to the season.

Practice 2 report is that Alonso was skidding. Ferraris were outside top ten, Massa ahead of Alonso.