Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2012, 18:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1-2012: How many times did you hear that 'Tire Management' is critical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
In 2012, it will always be about tire managment during the race! That is what the FIA want, and not meaningless aero spends

No point blurting out ure knowledge of F1. You are refusing to understand the point.
Engineers with their aero tech, are causing fewer and fewer chances to allow cars to follow each other closely, thereby shooting themselves in the foot.
In no other era of F1 have engineers induced a "snooze fest"

It proves the world still makes sense, the Pirellis havent reversed the pecking order.

This is my last post on this topic with you, cant argue if you are unable to grasp things.
Why not watch spec series like GP2 or Formula Renault if you hate aero and engineers ruling F1 and let Formula1 be Formula1 rather than watch Nascar'ized or GP2'ed Formula1. They are no 'snooze fest' I guarantee!

All 24 F1 cars on the grid are almost 70% of similar spec!

Why have engineers!? Just rent pit crews from Bernie, tires from Pirelli, buy some paint, buy some cars from FIA, paint them and go racing on Sundays. That should be great fun right!? Why bother even calling the winning team as Constructors!?

For all the people who love the Pirellis, here is one more fact!

Fastest lap by a GP2 car in Monaco 2012: 1:22.313
Fastest lap by a GP2 car in Monaco 2010: 1:22.179
Fastest lap by an F1 car in 2012: 1:17.296
Fastest lap by an F1 car in 2010: 1:15.192

The kids are catching up really fast
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 20:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Why not watch spec series like GP2 or Formula Renault if you hate aero and engineers ruling F1 and let Formula1 be Formula1 rather than watch Nascar'ized or GP2'ed Formula1. They are no 'snooze fest' I guarantee!

All 24 F1 cars on the grid are almost 70% of similar spec!

Why have engineers!? Just rent pit crews from Bernie, tires from Pirelli, buy some paint, buy some cars from FIA, paint them and go racing on Sundays. That should be great fun right!? Why bother even calling the winning team as Constructors!?

For all the people who love the Pirellis, here is one more fact!

Fastest lap by a GP2 car in Monaco 2012: 1:22.313
Fastest lap by a GP2 car in Monaco 2010: 1:22.179
Fastest lap by an F1 car in 2012: 1:17.296
Fastest lap by an F1 car in 2010: 1:15.192

The kids are catching up really fast
Nice points you make.
Now explain it to the tens of millions of fans who feel F1 is getting boring, to the teams who have quit F1, and to the countries who feel F1 is too expensive to host.

Why do you think we have more pay drivers this year, bringing in more and more sponsorship every year. It is not just increased competition. IT IS BECAUSE TEAMS NEED IT.

I dont hate F1 for what it is. Far from it. I just accept what FIA have asked Pirelli to do simply because there was NO OTHER OPTION. Dont mistake the views I put across on tyres and 'the F1 show' of being my own personal one. The only form of motorsport I religiously follow is F1.
I dont even watch WRC, NASCAR, INDY or MotoGP.
I am looking at it as an average motorsport fan and justifying steps the FIA have taken.

You are forgetting, all who watch the sport are not F1 super geeks like us.

Last edited by Hatari : 29th May 2012 at 20:40.
Old 29th May 2012, 22:26   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari

Nice points you make.
Now explain it to the tens of millions of fans who feel F1 is getting boring, to the teams who have quit F1, and to the countries who feel F1 is too expensive to host.

Why do you think we have more pay drivers this year, bringing in more and more sponsorship every year. It is not just increased competition. IT IS BECAUSE TEAMS NEED IT.

I dont hate F1 for what it is. Far from it. I just accept what FIA have asked Pirelli to do simply because there was NO OTHER OPTION. Dont mistake the views I put across on tyres and 'the F1 show' of being my own personal one. The only form of motorsport I religiously follow is F1.
I am looking at it as an average motorsport fan and justifying steps the FIA have taken.

The formula to success was were Bernie got Formula 1. The cutting edge of technology is ingrained in the DNA. So cutting out engineers is not an option. However it should be noted that over the years the money has come with a cap and test runs restricted to give undue advantage to moneyed teams. The polls for 'boring' F1 was never an issue, the spectators have always filled the stands, it was more TV viewership that Bernie was after, I remember me filling up feedback in Germany and they started mailing me lots of questions this was year 2003. This was when Ferrari was spinning circles and lapping cars multiple times in a race.

F1 is expensive to host? Thats a new thing I heard. It's not the countries that run the track, it's the owners. Not every track is open for trackdays and speed runs, so it's expensive to upkeep the track. Advertisers pay for the big day not for year around campaign. There are other counties to take their place, Thailand might soon get its track ready.

Teams are commercial entities and will always have need for money to run the teams, today you can see Team Lotus in the nth avatar since dawn of F1. Merc selling its engine tech to teams lower down the order, so does Renault. Honda and BMW for that matter Jaguar left the sport as they did not see returns not that they were losing money. F1 is the biggest banner for advertisers and a car company's dream avenue. Its been always the case that drivers were financially backed and so the seat is not always reserved for fastest driver, but again, fastest talent doesn't get overlooked. These companies later sell the same technology to bigger buyers and make their profit. Flappy paddle shifters, ceramic carbon brakes, energy recovery, new age car design with less drag and better protection all have come from F1 and sipped sports.

We are having a healthy discussion to hey tyres are a weak spot this time around. Artificially every car can be quick, points to Merc right now or Red Bull last year. But I still love the era of Senna with turbo charged engines and manual shifters. But safety has taken precedence for good. Now we can only wait and see how Pirelli perform in Montreal. The fight from Driver is missing that's all and that hurts. Instead of going full throttle they are waiting for pits and for rain to make up time.
Old 30th May 2012, 11:21   #79
BHPian

Asr245 and Hatari's stand on the tyres is on very weak ground.I think they've reached a point where they've invested too much in this opinion to even consider that they were wrong.

-> Its public knowledge that drivers who are racing even in first and second place are not pushing their cars. Maldonado and Rosberg both admitted to not pushing hard throughout the races that they won and even in Monaco. This is against the very essence of motor racing. Its ok if the drivers are conserving their tyres for a part of their stint or maybe even an entire stint altogether, but a whole race ? That is a complete mockery of the sport.

-> Their other point, of the 'crowds' coming back to F1 is also completely wrong. They're sadly taken in by Paul Hembrey's comments and take that as gospel. F1 had great viewership figures in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2010. The tyres never were the reason for viewership figures in the sport, rivalries between teams and drivers were.

Let us consider this aspect for a moment : sustainaibility of the sport. Who are the most popular drivers in this sport ? Lets have a list
1. Michael Schumacher
2. Lewis Hamilton
3. Kimi Raikkonen
4. Fernando Alonso

Why are these drivers popular among the fans ? It is because of their unrivalled ability to extract every last inch out of the car, to push to the limits of adhesion, make daring overtaking moves on their opponents, and outfox the grid with gambles on strategy. More than anything else, its their ability to do lap after lap on the limit that gives them the above abilities, and this attracts fans to these drivers.

...And then came in Pirelli. They have neutralized many of the great skills that seperate the men from the boys. Earlier when Bridgestone/Michelin/Goodyear started degrading, the drivers on worn tyres still had some hope of defending their place because the tyres never fell off a cliff, degradation was always linear.

If a driver made an attacking late braking move on the car in front, he may flatspot the tyre occasionally, but they would still have enough life in them for the drivers to attempt the overtake again and again till they succeed or fail in the process. This is motor racing. Not some stupid DRS wing stalling when the defending drivers tyres are 3 seconds off optimal pace with no grip in which to take corners decently without losing an apex of a corner.

Now we have tyres that can only be pushed so far, so any and all innovation in the cars that can give a great team of engineers an advantage after days and months of toil is immediately negated. This is why we see pay drivers in rank midfield teams grabbing podiums out of nowhere because they lucked into the right temperature on raceday.

How long before all the fans see through the haze and smoke and see modern F1 for what it is ? How long before the young, new fan of F1 realizes that all drivers are simply in a race tiptoeing around trying to save their tyres instead of using all their human ability and the physical constraint of their car to go as fast as possible ?

The day the new fan realizes the true picture of this brand of F1, they will leave the sport forever and badmouth it for eternity because this is not racing. Its a test of patience.

You call this brand of F1 sustainable ? Seriously ?

Inspite of knowing that every aspect of this version of the tyres is preventing drivers and engineers from doing their job, you still think its exciting ? Are you WWE fans by any chance ? I think that would explain the need for entertainment.

Tomorrow, if the tennis federation decides that all players will have to play wearing curly toed slippers, which will hinder the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic and make for closer matches between everyone, will you be excited ?

This is an analogy to F1 in its present Pirelliwashed form.
Old 30th May 2012, 12:57   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now explain it to the tens of millions of fans who feel F1 is getting boring,
If the tens of millions of fans are missing this whole point of what F1 is and what it is losing now, they are just another bunch of entertainment loving fans. I care less about them! The people who love motorsport and understand it really dont need all these explanations.

Quote:
to the teams who have quit F1
Thanks to Bernie, having pulled F1 into an era where teams like HRT are even allowed to race, talk about pinnacle of motorsports. Its Bernie and his hunt for the money that forced teams to look at vital things in their own mainstream business!

Quote:
, and to the countries who feel F1 is too expensive to host.
Bernie again! Whats the connection between Singapore, Motorsports & F1!? Why should F1 go to Singapore!? Its the money that filled Bernie's pockets.

Why excellent tracks like Nurburgring, Magny-Cours, Imola, Estoril are ignored...!?

Quote:
Pay drivers are not new to F1. And... it has very little to do with the topic of the Pirelli's being given too much attention than racing.

Quote:

Supporting FIA for what it is!? The single tire rule back in 2005, you were in agreement with what FIA did to the sport!?

The FIA is only doing more damage to the sport in the name of improving the show!

I would agree with Sniper on what Bernie really cares. Its the TV audience, tracks have always been full!

PS: Please dont use bold fonts!
Old 30th May 2012, 13:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the tens of millions of fans are missing this whole point of what F1 is and what it is losing now, they are just another bunch of entertainment loving fans. I care less about them! The people who love motorsport and understand it really dont need all these explanations.
Actually you should. TV figures is what interests sponsors/manufacturers and their ability to pay multi-million $$ as sponsorship. Especially since you think (more) manufacturers are good for the sport. Money is what matter to get the best of everything that exists into the sport. An year like 2011 or 2002 or 2004 kills viewership figures which is why FIA interferes every now and then to mix up the field.

Quote:
I would agree with Sniper on what Bernie really cares. Its the TV audience, tracks have always been full!
Then why was it the Spa owners (one of the best tracks which is also liked by many drivers especially KR) wanted help from the Belgian government? This happened a few years ago and lately I heard about Spa alternating with some other GP. Silverstone was also vocal about complaints (related to Bernie's fees ofcourse). Bernie has been demanding more and more money from tracks (I think our own BIC is paying in excess of $20M per race) which shoots up ticket costs leading to empty stands.

And PuntoMania,
please get off your high horse and enough of these references to "new" fans and WWE.

I am an ardent F1 fan and have been for 8 years and have seen enough races from the past (80s and 90s - whatever I could find through torrents). Of all the sports I watched, this was the only one I couldn't give up after marriage. My weekends are planned around race times. Now, if a new variable has been thrown in the mix of F1 and engineers haven't found a handle yet, so what? Doesn't mean F1 has been Nascar-ized or GP2'ed. Change is constant and sooner or later, engineers will find a handle or things will change again (like the no tires changing rule). Either way, I am hooked. BTW, I also was a marshal at Indian GP 2011 and plan to do it again this year. And while you enjoy one aspect of the race (drivers on the limit), some of us enjoy the other more (for now - as I agree overtaking has gone the other way - earlier it was far too difficult to overtake - now it's much too easy barring high aero tracks).

Is it that difficult to comprehend that someone can enjoy F1 and yet differ from yours views? (Or for that matter MS - for me he's a proven cheat, as good as he might have been)

Last edited by asr245 : 30th May 2012 at 13:52.
Old 30th May 2012, 14:29   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Actually you should. TV figures is what interests sponsors/manufacturers and their ability to pay multi-million $$ as sponsorship. Especially since you think (more) manufacturers are good for the sport. Money is what matter to get the best of everything that exists into the sport. An year like 2011 or 2002 or 2004 kills viewership figures which is why FIA interferes every now and then to mix up the field.

Then why was it the Spa owners (one of the best tracks which is also liked by many drivers especially KR) wanted help from the Belgian government? This happened a few years ago and lately I heard about Spa alternating with some other GP. Silverstone was also vocal about complaints (related to Bernie's fees ofcourse). Bernie has been demanding more and more money from tracks (I think our own BIC is paying in excess of $20M per race) which shoots up ticket costs leading to empty stands.
You're mixing up issues and relating the lack of overtaking as the primary reason for the alleged fall in viewership figures. In case you missed it, there was a major recession in 2009 which has forced the hand of manufacturers and countries with circuits alike.

I'd like you to prove atleast one of these allegations, since the cornerstone of your argument is that the fans love it :

1. Do you have proof that the viewership figures in 2012 are far higher than 2006,07,08,and 2010 ?
2. Do you have proof that the pancake Pirellis is the sole reason for this supposed increase in the viewership ?(if any)
3. Do you have solid evidence that fans 'love' this racing, by which I presume you seem to imply a good majority of F1 fans are in love with the way the situation is at present ?

Or is it all just 'I think' ?
Quote:
And PuntoMania,
please get off your high horse and enough of these references to "new" fans and WWE.

I am an ardent F1 fan and have been for 8 years and have seen enough races from the past (80s and 90s - whatever I could find through torrents). Of all the sports I watched, this was the only one I couldn't give up after marriage. My weekends are planned around race times. Now, if a new variable has been thrown in the mix of F1 and engineers haven't found a handle yet, so what? Doesn't mean F1 has been Nascar-ized or GP2'ed. Change is constant and sooner or later, engineers will find a handle or things will change again (like the no tires changing rule). Either way, I am hooked. BTW, I also was a marshal at Indian GP 2011 and plan to do it again this year. And while you enjoy one aspect of the race (drivers on the limit), some of us enjoy the other more (for now - as I agree overtaking has gone the other way - earlier it was far too difficult to overtake - now it's much too easy barring high aero tracks).
So, let me get this straight : Even though you know that the drivers arent pushing in races even at the front, that teams are not able to optimize their cars due to the randomness introduced by ambiguous factors out of anyone's control, that drivers dont go for an overtake move worried about roasting their tyres, you still enjoy F1.

I think thats where we differ as motorsports fans. I (along with many more fans) wont stand by watching a sport kill itself by trying so hard to be entertaining that they forget that it is a competitive sport.

Quote:
Is it that difficult to comprehend that someone can enjoy F1 and yet differ from yours views? (Or for that matter MS - for me he's a proven cheat, as good as he might have been)
This is offtopic, please take this to the relevant thread instead of fishing around here for a response. FYI it is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...chumacher.html

Since you've been watching F1 only since 2005 (i.e after Schumacher's prime), I dont blame you for having such an ignorant and one dimensional opinion about the legend.
Old 30th May 2012, 14:44   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So FIA is killing racing to bring more money for racing! F1 never struggled to have TV audience in the 90s when there was hardly any way for people to India to watch an F1 race. Now there are millions in India following F1 after Force India came into the Sport, there might be even more after BIC came on the calendar. I strongly believe F1 is becoming an entertainment sport, Bernie knows where all the money is and pushing F1 to the pits!

Quote:
Then why was it the Spa owners (one of the best tracks which is also liked by many drivers especially KR) wanted help from the Belgian government?
You answered it here!

Quote:
This happened a few years ago and lately I heard about Spa alternating with some other GP. Silverstone was also vocal about complaints (related to Bernie's fees ofcourse). Bernie has been demanding more and more money from tracks (I think our own BIC is paying in excess of $20M per race) which shoots up ticket costs leading to empty stands.
The same issue that Bernie keeps bringing up everytime the OZ GP is scheduled for a start. Bernie went to the extent of making the BahrainGP as the opening GP since they filled more money into Bernie's pockets.

Quote:
Now, if a new variable has been thrown in the mix of F1 and engineers haven't found a handle yet, so what? Doesn't mean F1 has been Nascar-ized or GP2'ed. Change is constant and sooner or later, engineers will find a handle or things will change again (like the no tires changing rule). Either way, I am hooked.
They have figured it already mate! Thats by going slow, you can keep the Pirellis work longer. It falls off the cliff otherwise! That is why I have a problem with Pirellis!

Quote:
BTW, I also was a marshal at Indian GP 2011 and plan to do it again this year.
Great!

Quote:
And while you enjoy one aspect of the race (drivers on the limit), some of us enjoy the other more (for now - as I agree overtaking has gone the other way - earlier it was far too difficult to overtake - now it's much too easy barring high aero tracks).
You enjoy cars being driven slow!? If you still can access torrents, I will give you a list of races to watch from the 80s and 90s. You will start hating 2012

Quote:
Keep the trolls away from this thread and try to discuss on the thread topic if you can please!
Old 30th May 2012, 15:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I care less about them!

Quote:
Thanks to Bernie, having pulled F1 into an era where teams like HRT are even allowed to race, talk about pinnacle of motorsports. Its Bernie and his hunt for the money that forced teams to look at vital things in their own mainstream business! Bernie again! Whats the connection between Singapore, Motorsports & F1!? Why should F1 go to Singapore!? Its the money that filled Bernie's pockets. Pay drivers are not new to F1. And... it has very little to do with the topic of the Pirelli's being given too much attention than racing.
We are talking about the most advanced form of motorsport in the world. $400 million a year for a team is no small amount. Bernie has to keep increasing their share of earnings from the sport.
That does not grow on trees. Pay drivers bringing in upwards of USD $32million to a single team is new to F1.

Quote:
Why excellent tracks like Nurburgring, Magny-Cours, Imola, Estoril are ignored...!?
Organizers cannot afford races, their Govenrments are not stepping in

This is a tire thread, I am defending FIA's decision on the current Pirellis.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You enjoy cars being driven slow!? If you still can access torrents, I will give you a list of races to watch from the 80s and 90s. You will start hating 2012
After watching years of processional racing, I find this a refreshing change. By your deduction, it's slower by about 2s/lap. I can live with that for now. And I do think sooner or later either engineers will find a handle on these tires (and by that I do not mean going slow) and it will be business as usual. Or FIA will be forced to take a middle path (much like no limit on tires in 2004 -> no tires change in 2005 -> limited tires in 2006 till date). Or maybe Bernie will try something as ridiculus as reversing the field (something he suggested some years ago).

About torrents - please do. Really, always happy to watch some more.

Quote:
Keep the trolls away from this thread and try to discuss on the thread topic if you can please!
First, part of the message you quoted wasn't feeding any trolls. I will repeat it - is it so difficult to comprehend that someone else (who's not a WWE or "new" or DRS fan) can enjoy F1 and yet differ from yours views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
I'd like you to prove atleast one of these allegations, since the cornerstone of your argument is that the fans love it :

1. Do you have proof that the viewership figures in 2012 are far higher than 2006,07,08,and 2010 ?
2. Do you have proof that the pancake Pirellis is the sole reason for this supposed increase in the viewership ?(if any)
3. Do you have solid evidence that fans 'love' this racing, by which I presume you seem to imply a good majority of F1 fans are in love with the way the situation is at present ?

Or is it all just 'I think' ?
Now you are mixing things - I replied in context to what Anachronix said and you are mixing it with tires.

I am sure someone will post these figures as and when they come out. Or I will post them as and when I find them. As far as point 3 is concerned, I never implied majority are for it. Infact going by this forum majority seem against it. Anyway, some fans on this forum are for it and some aren't. Same in the Williams forum I visit except that most seem to favor it. So, I will assume it at 50-50 for now.

You are welcome to post these figures if you find them. I am sure FIA will be quick to respond/change if they feel things haven't gone the way they predicted to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Since you've been watching F1 only since 2005 (i.e after Schumacher's prime), I dont blame you for having such an ignorant and one dimensional opinion about the legend.
Yeah right! Let's keep this for the other thread you posted.

PS: Like I said I watched many races from 80s, 90s too but you too are welcome to provide me with some torrents to change my opinion.

Last edited by asr245 : 30th May 2012 at 16:12.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We are talking about the most advanced form of motorsport in the world. $400 million a year for a team is no small amount. Bernie has to keep increasing their share of earnings from the sport.

1. Advance form of Motorsport - Not anymore. F1 was pinnacle of motorsports. The GP2 cars are only 5 seconds slower than the cars from F1. The only thing special about F1 now is the powerful V8s and that will be history next year too.

2. $400M an year from Bernie's pocket to the teams. You are wrong if you thought he did and also thought that the teams use those funds to run their teams.

Quote:
That does not grow on trees.
Well, I am almost certain it doesnt dude!

Quote:
Pay drivers bringing in upwards of USD $32million to a single team is new to F1.
Every driver starts their career as pay drivers! Teams with no funds on the grid have only made the situation bad. Narain driving an F1 car is enough proof of all that! But this has got nothing to do with tire crisis!

Quote:
Organizers cannot afford races, their Govenrments are not stepping in
Its the other way around! Organizers cannot afford to meet Bernie's demands should be best way to put it!

That is one reason, we have Valencia & Singapore on the calendar!
Old 30th May 2012, 16:21   #87
Senior - BHPian

^^ Lower race lap times on account of tires does not mean all of a sudden F1 is any less advanced
Pl think in terms of engineering.

$400 million is what Ferrari, McLaren were spending in a year, it has dropped marginally now.
The overall teams earnings from TV rights/track fees etc amount to around $800 million (which comprises 47% of total FIA earnings from the sport).

By way of the pay drivers, I was referring to the current economic scenario and lower team sponsorship earnings overall.

Do read up on countrywise issues for race hosting.
Old 30th May 2012, 17:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

I think we are moving away from the real topic and discussing pay drivers and various tracks.

If we as the patrons of sport are ready to endure it we happily find ways. However, if Bridgestone or Michelins promoted their road going tyres for tested in Formula 1, sure Pirelli won't do it.

I don't want to use a tyre that goes off at a certain temperature.

Cheers!
Old 31st May 2012, 11:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Lower race lap times on account of tires does not mean all of a sudden F1 is any less advanced
Pl think in terms of engineering.
My bad! I was thinking a racing goes faster with advanced technologies. May be I was wrong with my assumptions

Quote:
$400 million is what Ferrari, McLaren were spending in a year, it has dropped marginally now.
Those are the declared figures by the teams! There are allegations on RedBull that they are spending a lot more. Teams usually spend lot more than what they declare as their official expenses.

Quote:
The overall teams earnings from TV rights/track fees etc amount to around $800 million (which comprises 47% of total FIA earnings from the sport).
Not every team gets an equal share from the revenue. Not even the teams that manage to win a race from the tire lottery this year! Read about the F1 crisis back in early 2000s.

Quote:
By way of the pay drivers, I was referring to the current economic scenario and lower team sponsorship earnings overall.
Well...

Quote:
Do read up on countrywise issues for race hosting.
Most complaint about the same, a greedy Bernie! Even Silverstone was not spared when Damon Hill came public accusing Bernie.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 12:29   #90
BHPian

Quote:
My bad! I was thinking a racing goes faster with advanced technologies. May be I was wrong with my assumptions

Those are the declared figures by the teams! There are allegations on RedBull that they are spending a lot more. Teams usually spend lot more than what they declare as their official expenses.

Not every team gets an equal share from the revenue. Not even the teams that manage to win a race from the tire lottery this year! Read about the F1 crisis back in early 2000s.

Well...

Most complaint about the same, a greedy Bernie! Even Silverstone was not spared when Damon Hill came public accusing Bernie.
This kind of "simulation mode racing" is not getting the sport anywhere, even old man Lauda is not happy with it. Controlled aggression and Formula 1 don't go well together. The true fans will drop out.

Oh btw, countries don't have to fund the F1 circus. The Indian GP is a great example. Just like the top teams get a good deal on the money front, the top tracks should have something deserving. There is no point in keeping a track like Bahrain or Korea or Abu Dhabi if you have to axe Spa, Nurburgring or Silverstone.
Work out a formula to take more from these new tracks (India included) to make sure the classics are there "for the sake of honour".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks