Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2012, 13:48   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2012 F1- Monaco Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Agree with the glitz and glamour but since I do not see myself getting to the stage of parking my private yatch in the bay and watching the race from the deck anytime in the near future I am not too fond of the race
Sir Jackie Stewart , whose interview was shown just before the race, aptly summed up the race - this is a race which is not too difficult to win from the front row. Every race track tests the calibre of the driver but there are lots of other circuits which are much more physically and technically demanding than Monaco
Even I don’t fancy that. And after being to the Singapore race couple years back, I must say that watching it on the TV screen is much better

Agreed that every racetrack test the caliber of the driver, and there may not be many overtaking chances, but top six separated by 6 seconds, and those outside the top ten being lapped is not a common sight in other races. Maybe it’s just me. I always look forward to this fixture in the calendar (along with Spa, Monza, Singapore and Suzuka)
Old 28th May 2012, 14:06   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Why did Shumi have to retire ? They said his problem was not critical from the pits.
He was obviously way down in power. Also, there is some silly rule that if you retire you do not get a penalty in the next race for changing the engine.
Old 28th May 2012, 14:16   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Trivia :

Record created in yesterday's Monaco GP. 6 different winners for first 6 races in a season. It never happened in the history of F1

5 different winners for first 5 races happened in 1983.

Will we have a yet another new winner for Race #7?
Old 28th May 2012, 14:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
He was obviously way down in power. Also, there is some silly rule that if you retire you do not get a penalty in the next race for changing the engine.
I think that was changed to 8 engine rule per season. Penalties apply after that.

I think he was going at HRTs pace with that problem so they might have decided to retire him rather than have an engine blow out in front of the world.
Old 28th May 2012, 15:06   #65
BHPian

wow what a race, Monaco rocks as always... Its so damn tough due to the obvious course complexities, weather mood swings and absolutely no cushion in case of a high speed slide.
Good to see Ferrari on the podium and that too at monaco, more feel good to see Force india getting points.
Old 28th May 2012, 15:54   #66
BHPian

Quite a boring race this one. The only exciting moment was the first corner incident and overtaking of Karthikeyan by the lead 6 cars :-D They should make the circuit a little more over-taking friendly. Without overtaking, its so boring to watch cars going over 78 laps one behind the other, screaming commentators notwithstanding!
Old 28th May 2012, 16:12   #67
BHPian

Boring race but a very interesting season!
Mercedes seems to be missing out in the party though. I hope we have a 7th different winner for the next race Surprisingly it does seem very possible!!
Old 28th May 2012, 16:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Schumacher's run of bad luck has been unbelievable :

Gearbox failure at Australia
DRS failure in qualifying at Baharain
Fatal error in pitstop at China
Tagged by Grosjean at Malaysia, which put him in last place
Accident with Senna at Spain
Monaco : Hit by Grosjean at the start, subsequent fuel pump issue causing him to retire

With the exception of Spain (which is also very iffy), all of the other issues were totally out of Schumacher's control. If not for the bad luck and bad reliability, we'd have Schumacher right up there among the championship contenders this year.

Its been terrible.

At Monaco, Schumacher was quickest in qualifying and was quicker than the leading pack whenever he had free air. If Grosjean did not drive like an idiot and bang wheels with Schumacher at the start, he'd have gone through into 3rd or 4th place and who knows what would have happened, especially considering his tyres lasted 3-4 laps more than the lead pack.

Lets hope his luck turns at Canada : I think Schumacher will win there provided he has no more bad luck or stupid reliability issues. Yes, you read it here first.

Its one of his favorite tracks and the Mercedes expected to be very strong there as well.
Old 28th May 2012, 18:57   #69
BHPian

Schumi did a stunner of a lap in qualifying! a blinder out of no where!! but sadly could not complete the race. I was just thinking how nico looks pretty consistent and even won a race, perhaps d car is not suited for Micheal's style. The race was a pretty ordinary one i think webber drove well, massa was pumped up!
expected kimi to be in a good position but i felt his car was very tough to steer, he was fighting with d car in the opening laps! Karthikeyan again finished that is great!

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th May 2012 at 20:27. Reason: Dotty post, please use proper Punctuations, help with readability. Thanks
Old 29th May 2012, 09:43   #70
BHPian

Or maybe its running Windows OS. {sorry for the dig) :

But seriously though, I've never seen ANYONE have this kinda bad luck continuing over multiple races. Maybe its time to exorcise some demons within the Mercedes garage.
Old 29th May 2012, 14:19   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeat100k View Post
Schumi did a stunner of a lap in qualifying! a blinder out of no where!! but sadly could not complete the race. I was just thinking how nico looks pretty consistent and even won a race, perhaps d car is not suited for Micheal's style. The race was a pretty ordinary one i think webber drove well, massa was pumped up!
expected kimi to be in a good position but i felt his car was very tough to steer, he was fighting with d car in the opening laps! Karthikeyan again finished that is great!
NK did a stellar job by not just driving around the track in the supermarket trolley around Monaco but also moving out of wolf pack (the top 6 ). In Monaco it is very difficult for back-markers to give way for the simple reason that the track is so narrow !

Schumi's qualy setup was good and he could get it, the race setup could be something else and would leave you groping in the dark as to how you handle tyre degradation. Besides he is a Monaco master like Senna (not Bruno). Let's not forget DC who did some great races here (remember Christian Horner who jumped into the pool with the superman cape !!)
Old 29th May 2012, 19:15   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Awesome race! Webber drove a really fantastic line. I'd have hoped Alonso could've pushed a bit more onto Rosberg. The funniest thing to see was the DRS activation, it would just open and then.. done! I don't think DRS played advantage to anyone in this race.

So, predicting Kimi for a win in the next one?
Kimi has been such a big disappointment this season as per me, so much expectation on his return to F1, but somehow even after a normal start to the season he is in 6th position in the driver's championship, I would also like to see him with the Canadian Grandprix and do well in this season.

Alonso is a star, have not seen anyone make better starts to the race than Alonso, also the way he manages tyres is fantastic, he was pushed very hard by Massa in Monaco Grandprix he looked after his tyres and after which went ahead without much problems.

There is a lot spoken in media about Webber and Sergio Perez making a move to Ferrari next season, not sure who will take Massa's position at Ferrari.
Old 30th May 2012, 15:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addy81 View Post
Kimi has been such a big disappointment this season as per me, so much expectation on his return to F1, but somehow even after a normal start to the season he is in 6th position in the driver's championship, I would also like to see him with the Canadian Grandprix and do well in this season.
I dont know what you're talking about. Raikkonen has performed extremely well this season. He is just one win away from the top, which in old money (i.e. the old system) is just 10 points.

The only races he's actually struggled are China (where he misjudged his tyres completely) and Monaco (he never got to grips with his setup issues through the full race)

He's definitely in with a good shot at the championship ! The car he's driving is consistently among the top 3 on race day.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
I dont know what you're talking about. Raikkonen has performed extremely well this season. He is just one win away from the top, which in old money (i.e. the old system) is just 10 points.

The only races he's actually struggled are China (where he misjudged his tyres completely) and Monaco (he never got to grips with his setup issues through the full race)

He's definitely in with a good shot at the championship ! The car he's driving is consistently among the top 3 on race day.
Kimi has been struggling with the Lotus power steering and its feel.
Thats the reason he has not been consistent with race pace. Even in Monaco, he missed a FP session and lost out on critical setup time.
Old 2nd June 2012, 13:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Kimi has been struggling with the Lotus power steering and its feel.
Thats the reason he has not been consistent with race pace. Even in Monaco, he missed a FP session and lost out on critical setup time.
Agreed, he struggled in Monaco, but that's the only race he was struggling for pace. Some of the blame should go to Lotus for their baffling strategies.

Overall, it's not just him, most of the drivers this season haven't been consistent, due to various factors like teams letting their drivers down (McLaren pitbox) and mistakes from drivers (Button, Vettel with NK) themselves.

I wouldn't say Kimi has been a disappointment. If anything he has silenced a lot of doubters with his strong performance so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks