Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2012, 19:01   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2012 F1 - British Grand Prix - Santander

Brilliant drive by Webber!

I was expecting another podium finish from Schumacher. Something seriously wrong with the Mercedes powered teams.
Old 8th July 2012, 19:06   #32
BANNED

Without a hint of rain, the Silverstone race was a little boring.

Shockingly Alonso's Ferrari slipped from P1, Webber was driving a well balanced race, and he had a car that could dance to his tunes, Vettel and RBR managed well timed pit-stops to get both their cars on to the podium.

Massa looked good surprisingly so was Jenson taking over the ill fates from Massa. Hamilton and Mclaren lost the plot. Kimi and Grosjean were fantastic with their Lotus Renault.

Mercedes i feel are still slower than the pack, Good for Schumi, he finished ahead of Hamilton.

Whats Jackie Stewart doing on the podium interviewing the winners....

I would have preferred a little bit of rains though.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 8th July 2012 at 19:12.
Old 8th July 2012, 19:25   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM
I would have preferred a little bit of rains though.
Agree..In addition what about FI ? I am really beginning to think that drivers have let down the team.
Old 8th July 2012, 19:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

The wind blew the rains clouds away, and with it, most of the excitement and suspense that goes with it. Fantastic race from Webber. He kept up with Alonso and took advantage of the Ferrari driver's waning tyres towards the end. Ferrari are back, no doubt about that. Massa seems to have upped his game too.

Poor show from McLaren at their home race. Button looks like a man woefully short on confidence. They will have to pull their socks up if they are to challenge for honours this year. One gets the feeling that McLaren and Mercedes may have slipped behind a bit in the development race.
Old 8th July 2012, 19:58   #35
mgh
BHPian

Mistake right at the end cost Hulkenberg a point. di Resta was the not to blame for the accident.
Red Bull managed their tyre strategy a bit better than Ferrari.
Lotus seems to be moving ahead of McLaren.

Looks like the battle this year is going to be between Ferrari and Red Bull.

Sahara Force India have lost it for the year. it is clear that they were forced to let go of Sutil because of the Shanghai night club incident, which has hurt them this year. Though, the current SFI drivers might have more potential than Sutil, at the moment neither is as good as Sutil was. The extra money brought in by Sahara does not seem to have been used to improve technical facilities/personnel..
Old 9th July 2012, 12:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Interesting BritishGP!

Fantastic turn around by the Ferrari team, from 1.5 seconds slower in OZ to a pace that matches the Redbulls. The Redbulls are still the car to beat though. The way Webber waited for a chance to grab the win from Alonso was amazing. He was right up his tail staying away from the dirty air of Alonso and attacked at the right moment. It was great to watch!

Massa is up there too and I am really glad that he is back! Michael got the best possible result for the Mercedes team and clearly faster than his teammate

The Mercedes cars have lost the development race to the Ferrari & Redbulls. But the Mclaren pitstop was the best. It was 2.8 seconds if I remember it right! What happened to Mr.Smooth!? I strongly believe in the trend that the OZ winner usually wins the Championship. Looks like he is getting far away from it by every race!
Old 9th July 2012, 12:29   #37
BHPian

I am no Ferrari fan but whats wrong with their tyre strategy? I think even I could have managed it better.
Pity di Resta. Hulkenberg just lost pace all of a sudden. I was already smug and saying, atleast one car in the points for SFI. What happened there in the last two laps all of a sudden? tyre? Engine? or was he driven off the racing line? I have missed that little bit of the footage - had gone to refresh my drink
Old 9th July 2012, 14:40   #38
BANNED

It is indeed surprising that HHS tyre strategy of Alonso lost to SHH or Weber (I hope I recall right). He could have donea couple of laps more on H on either stint, and the race was his. I do not like these Aerodrome circuits, even though the new avatar of Silverstone is much better. Also, looks like the new horses are the Bulls, Prancing Horse and Renault. McLaren seem to have lost it.

It was sad to see the tyres get Michael. Maybe he was praying for rain.
Old 9th July 2012, 14:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Alonso's 1st stop on Hard tires on lap 15 (just 2 laps after Massa on the Soft) was clearly the wrong call. The team knew that pace/durability on the softs were uncertain.
He could have done another 4-5 laps and still come out ahead of Webber who was on the Hard 4-5 seconds behind.

Pity that the win was lost. But great pace shown. Massa resurrection there for all to see. After Valencia I thought Bulls would run away with it.

Maldonado again getting over enthusiastic. With each incident the penalty should get more severe.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 14:55   #40
BHPian

A good race overall. Mighty pleased to see Massa have a proper race after a long long time. More of the same (or better!) please Felipe.
Old 9th July 2012, 15:45   #41
F50
Senior - BHPian

I was hoping for some exciting race, no rain left me disappointed. Dry race means Mercedes was going to slip away from front runners and thats what happened. Schumacher did well and gain a track position over Hamilton.

I wouldn't say Ferrari are back as Ferrari was NOT the fastest car in Silverstone. At the start of the race, Alonso just about managed to open a gap of 1.9s after 7 laps! Thats not fast. Ferrari knew they do not have a fast car and just hoped Alonso would be able to open up a gap in first 13 laps to Webber which he didn't.
Strategy 1 failed. Middle stint on Softs meant he cannot lap more than 13 laps and switching to Hards on Lap 28-30 meant tires fading at the end of race. We could have witnessed another Canada. Starting on Softs could have provided equal chance of winning.
I would say Alonso drove very well to finish second.

Hope Hockenheim is better, at least for Ferrari and Schumacher.

P.S - Does anyone have a video link of Schumacher passing Hamilton?

Last edited by F50 : 9th July 2012 at 15:47.
Old 9th July 2012, 18:33   #42
BANNED

A simple fine for Maldonaldo,

Maldonado fined, reprimanded for Perez incident during the British GP - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

How on earth did they forget, they screwed up Michael Schumachers Podium finish few weeks ago with a similar kind of incident.

Stewards are a bunch of jokers
Old 9th July 2012, 19:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Maldonado fined, reprimanded for Perez incident during the British GP - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

How on earth did they forget, they screwed up Michael Schumachers Podium finish few weeks ago with a similar kind of incident.

As is evident from the video, he lost his rear (cold tires?) and slid into Perez unlike in Valencia. Thus a reprimand and a fine.
Old 9th July 2012, 23:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Nigel Mansell should have done something more responsible! A 10,000$ fine is nothing and the mad man is going to kill someone soon.

What next, 3 day anger management classes for a repeat offence!?
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2012, 06:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
Alonso's 1st stop on Hard tires on lap 15 (just 2 laps after Massa on the Soft) was clearly the wrong call.
I was surprised that Alonso did the first stop so early in the race, with the harder tyres on. I strongly felt that this would bite them in the final laps and it did.
In fact, in the final stint, he had to do the same distance on soft tyres.

Most Viewed