Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2012, 19:15   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH
Ferrari once again play the team and Jean Todt card. First for the Vettel drive through, plain unfair. And then manage tyres Massa...LMAO, they should be penalised or something.
Alonso finished over 9s ahead of Massa. He would have overtaken even without the "take care of your tyres".
Old 9th September 2012, 19:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA

Eventful race that! Lewis/Mclaren have the pace to win the Championship. Mega drive by Perez, making the case to replace Massa! Really smart race by Fernando, kept his nose clean initially and picked people off brilliantly.

Ugly move by Vettel to run FA off track, especially when Alonso had given him just the right amount of space to go through last year at the same corner. If you notice Vettel pulled away to the right as soon as he saw FA going off track to give the impression that there was always enough room.

Button will feel bad he missed out on P2.
Old 9th September 2012, 21:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Well, that was to be expected on the red car's home track.......
Really, a drive through for THAT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Ferrari International Assistance for red cars rescue again in SV vs FA battle. duh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Ferrari once again play the team and Jean Todt card. First for the Vettel drive through, plain unfair.
The jpg shows Alonso alongside Vettel, with all 4 wheels on track. Would you describe what happened next as fair racing?
Attached Thumbnails
2012 F1 - Italian Grand Prix - MONZA-favssv_monza2012.jpg  

Hatari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 21:51   #34
BHPian

A classic race, thanks Monza! Fab drive by Perez and Alonso. RBR might give away its lead in team championship in Singapore. Mclaren's seems set for the rest of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk
Well, that was to be expected on the red car's home track.......
Really, a drive through for that
Yes, that was really harsh and u can even call it unwarranted. And Mayank, though it was a no brainer, ur fortune-telling wrt Hamilton has come true.
Old 9th September 2012, 21:57   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5
A classic race, thanks Monza! Fab drive by Perez and Alonso. RBR might give away its lead in team championship in Singapore. Mclaren's seems set for the rest of the season.

Yes, that was really harsh and u can even call it unwarranted. And Mayank, though it was a no brainer, ur fortune-telling wrt Hamilton has come true.
Yaar, appreciate the wonder!
I put that out before qualifying, even fp!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 22:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
The jpg shows Alonso alongside Vettel,

Have a look at this. Vettel is racing here, he's not a lap down, not black flagged or anything. They're competing for a place.
As they come out of the bend, Vettel retains the proper racing line. I don't see him jabbing at Alonso or changing his dir'n rashly. He's just following the set line.
If Alonso wants to try a superhero maneuver he has to be ready to take the rick and not start crying to Jean Todt.

That said I know you're an Alonso fanboy, so obviously you're not gonna digest this.

This to me is the mark of a good sportsman:

Quote:
Q: You were given a drive-through penalty for forcing Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso off the track. Was it justified? Last year you and Alonso tangled too…
Vettel: I obviously should have complained last year, just as he did today. For sure I was frustrated as it cost me dearly but now it is water under the bridge. As I said I didn’t complain last year and I won’t in the future. That’s not my way of going about things.
http://www.formula1.com/news/intervi...est+Interviews

Last edited by negativeH : 9th September 2012 at 22:12.
negativeH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2012, 22:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Oh no, the whiners and their fancy abbrevations for FIA are back...

Whine all you can, Vettel pushed Alonso off the track! Take your Ferrari/Alonso hate glasses off and see the video. Its clear, Vettel did go back to his racing line after pushing Alonso off. Enough proof for Vettel making a deliberate move to seal Alonso's challenge. Both of them are fighting for championships and they are expected to race clean. Anything else would be closely looked at and Vettel called this one upon himself and deserved it!

BTW, superb pace from the Sauber! The kid has been impressive this year, great stuff. Lewis did run away with the win from pole, if the mexican had a few more laps to spare he would have put a nice challenge for the win.

Alonso picked up good points today after starting from P10, I think the WDC is shaping up as a fight between the espanian and Lewis. Great times are yet to come this year

Last edited by anachronix : 9th September 2012 at 22:37.
Old 9th September 2012, 23:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Have a look at this. Vettel is racing here, he's not a lap down, not black flagged or anything. They're competing for a place.
As they come out of the bend, Vettel retains the proper racing line. I don't see him jabbing at Alonso or changing his dir'n rashly. He's just following the set line.
If Alonso wants to try a superhero maneuver he has to be ready to take the rick and not start crying to Jean Todt.

That said I know you're an Alonso fanboy, so obviously you're not gonna digest this.
To begin with, you are avoiding answering the question i asked.
I am ofcourse, a HUGE Alonso fan. But that doesnt change what really happened. The reason for not just posting the video link which everyone has seen, was to show that Alonso was alongside.

The only possible debate would have been, if Alonso was not alongside in which case Vettel could have LEGALLY closed the door on him.
But the jpg clearly disproves that.

Perhaps you are unaware of the FIA sporting regulations on overtaking:

Quote:
20.2 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as more than one change of direction to defend a position, deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.

Last edited by Hatari : 9th September 2012 at 23:48.
Old 9th September 2012, 23:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

One of the best race this season.

Merc need a quick solution for their tyre problems. The shear pace of Merc is mind blowing and it would have been fantastic if Michel was there to fight with top three

Anyway, one liner of the day - Rob Smedley to Massa "You should look after your tyres"

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 06:13   #40
Team-BHP Support

Excellent race. Lewis did the job perfectly from start to finish, but the highlights were Perez's and Alonso's run to finish second and third. And Schumacher was quite impressive with the late charge. Quite unfortunate for Jensen to retire from that position.

Even though Kimi is now third in the driver's standing, I don't expect him to challenge for the title in this season. Lotus is just not able to push for wins.

The messages to Massa was quite hilarious. First to watch the tyres, and after Alonso passed it was to up the speed. But even without the message, Alonso would have passed him. But overall, good show by Massa.

And looking at the replays, I felt the penalty for Vettel was justified. To his credit, he tried to play it smart, but couldn't pull off to perfection.
Old 10th September 2012, 06:42   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari

The jpg shows Alonso alongside Vettel, with all 4 wheels on track. Would you describe what happened next as fair racing?

I was offering the most unbiased opinion on the situation.
I don't care for either of the teams.
it's just that the decision seemed a bit harsh, and in any case was inconsequential for vettel.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 08:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

I saw the 2011 and 2012 incidents back to back. Alonso gave Vettel just enough room in 2011. The RBR had 2 wheels on the grass but there was sufficient gap between the cars.

If Vettel had given Alonso that much room yesterday, Alonso would have passed him on that turn itself. I think so. The Ferrari had such a speed advantage on the RBR during that move.

It is a right turn and it is easy to close the door on a driver on the left, on the outside. You don't have to turn into the him, just edge him out slowly by marginally running wide.

Maybe Vettel undermined the speed advantage the Ferrari was carrying into the turn and Alonso was alongside the RB8 before Vettel knew it. I would love to see Vettel' on-board camera.
Old 10th September 2012, 09:39   #43
J.B
BHPian

One of those exciting races, with clean moves by all the drivers, but marred by reliability issues. It is a shame, especially on renault's part to not have the alternator problem sorted. The top contenders would have been tightly packed if JB, SV and MW had all finished.

I personally think from now on it will be cake walk for Alonso, if he just finishes in top 5, while the others take points of each other. Reliability issues barring, it would take more effort for him to blow the championship from here than to win it.

My wild wish is though, Kimi winning the championship without winning a race this year . That would be something, and it looks very much possible, especially as Grojean would come back and could play second fiddle to him by taking out some cars .
Old 10th September 2012, 09:47   #44
BHPian

The speed. The challenge. The history. The fans. The food. The sun. The setting. The majesty. Someone said this about Monza on another Forum. Sums up perfectly.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 10:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Even though Kimi is now third in the driver's standing, I don't expect him to challenge for the title in this season. Lotus is just not able to push for wins.
I would wait till Singapore to see how things are. Spa and Monza were two tracks were Lotus (and all Renault powered cars) were not going to be strong. Kimi managed to stay in the hunt by scoring 25 points from these two and closed the gap to Alonso by 10 points (thanks to Spa DNF for Alonso). I expect Lotus to fight for podiums in next few races. But more than Alonso, I think Lewis is going to pull ahead of Kimi because McLaren have a better car overall.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 10th September 2012 at 10:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks