Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 11:56   #16
BHPian

re: Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post

Also to throw some more masala - There may be a seat vacant at Ferrari as well. Who fills that?
Some more masala added, will schumi return back to Ferrari is there a secret talks that no one knows and out of the blue Ferrari announce that Schumi and Alonso will be Ferrarai's 2013 lineup

-Sajan
Old 6th September 2012, 12:06   #17
BHPian

^^ That would be far too much masala . IMO Schumi and Alonso would never want to be in the same team. Anyone who followed their bitter championship battles would think so. There was no love lost between those 2 back then. Plus there is the issue of 2 Strong number ones at Ferrari.

TBH I don't think Lewis is going anywhere in the first place.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Some more masala added, will schumi return back to Ferrari is there a secret talks that no one knows and out of the blue Ferrari announce that Schumi and Alonso will be Ferrarai's 2013 lineup

-Sajan
Seems impossible for a few reasons -
  1. Alonso and Schumi side by side on the same team? God save the team principal who has to manage the combined super ego's
  2. Santandar, which is Ferrari's prime sponsor has extended their support to Ferrari till 2018. Given that both Santandar and Alonso are Spanish, Alonso has tremendous backing. Not to forget, Alonso's performance this year has been A++
  3. Accepted that Schumi has been a legend with Ferrari, but as a team principal, I wouldn't (with all due respect) a fading Schumi on my drivers seat.

Can there be a possibility that either Vettel or Webber may move to Ferrari??
Old 6th September 2012, 12:43   #19
BHPian

I have a feeling both Ferarri and Mclaren would line up to sign Kimi if they need another driver on their teams. There is no one better than him on a fast car. Also, he is media averse and generally does not cause any discomfort to his teams.
Old 6th September 2012, 13:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I have a feeling both Ferarri and Mclaren would line up to sign Kimi if they need another driver on their teams. There is no one better than him on a fast car. Also, he is media averse and generally does not cause any discomfort to his teams.
Kimi has already said that he is not interested to go back to Ferrari based on how things ended but has respect for the team which helped him win the driver's title for him.

-Sajan
Old 6th September 2012, 13:06   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I don’t see a possibility of Kimi having a reunion with Ferrari. More than sporting reasons, I think it was the personality differences which prompted his exit in the previous tenure. The Iceman will be comfortable in a team wherein he need not get into much PR exercises
Old 6th September 2012, 13:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Can there be a possibility that either Vettel or Webber may move to Ferrari??
Vettel, yes but has been saying its too early for him but you never know at the last minute. Webber was the first to renew the contract with red bull, he was under Ferrari's scanner and now Ferrari is still looking out.

P.S. I guess we have gone totally off topic from Lewis

-Sajan
Old 6th September 2012, 14:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post

-Sajan
I too feel this should happen. Massa has been disaster for Ferrari. Schumi and Alonso combination should work good for Ferrari. Even couple of years of contract with Ferrari will do before he finally finally retires.
Old 6th September 2012, 17:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I don’t see a possibility of Kimi having a reunion with Ferrari. More than sporting reasons, I think it was the personality differences which prompted his exit in the previous tenure. The Iceman will be comfortable in a team wherein he need not get into much PR exercises
Not personality. It was the moolah that Santander pumped into Ferrari.
Old 6th September 2012, 18:05   #25
BHPian

I don't think Schumacher will be back in F1. Although Ferrari might be looking to replace Massa, Schumacher and Alonso doesn't seem right.
Old 6th September 2012, 19:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic
I don't think Schumacher will be back in F1. Although Ferrari might be looking to replace Massa, Schumacher and Alonso doesn't seem right.
What is the need for Ferrari to have Schumacher when they have Alonso? Ross Brawn did not hire Schumacher to be a champion, but to develop the car. Alonso is helping Ferrari develop the car, so no place for Schumacher.
Old 6th September 2012, 19:42   #27
BHPian

I somehow feel, Massa might hang on to his seat at Ferrari, if he can put up even a handful decent shows in the upcoming races. Ferrari already have Vettel from 14 onwards, so don't think they'd try to throw away a bred number 2 racer plus the Brazilian heritage and sponsor-ships and fan following.

Personally am not expecting any change in the top teams lay out, except Schumi leaving.
Old 6th September 2012, 21:10   #28
BANNED

Schumacher not leaving Mercedes.

Ferrari not taking Hamilton.

That leaves Hamilton & Renault
Old 6th September 2012, 22:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Some funny things are happening in the British press trying to raise Hamilton's stakes high

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...rand-Prix.html

To quote...

Quote:
Sportsmail understands the move is not dependent on Schumacher retiring for the second time at the end of this world championship, meaning the Briton could even replace his former karting team-mate Nico Rosberg.

Hamilton's management company and Mercedes are in talks and matching his £15m-a-year earnings at McLaren would not be an issue.
BTW, Michael has a new sponsor

http://www.michael-schumacher.de/sit.../news.html#468

Last edited by anachronix : 6th September 2012 at 22:16.
Old 6th September 2012, 22:30   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
What is the need for Ferrari to have Schumacher when they have Alonso? Ross Brawn did not hire Schumacher to be a champion, but to develop the car. Alonso is helping Ferrari develop the car, so no place for Schumacher.
Ferrari doesn't need Schumacher, I was simply posting about other member's post on Schumacher in Ferrari.

But I do think that Ferrari is secretly hunting for a new driver to replace Massa. Maybe Webber? *wishful thinking*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks