Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 21:56   #1
BHPian

Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!

BBC reports of deal between Mercedes and Lewis, replacing Schumacher - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930

Paul Di Rista, along with Kimi is a candidate at McLaren.
Old 5th September 2012, 22:59   #2
BHPian

re: Lewis moving to Mercedes next Year. EDIT : Confirmed!

Hmm... This is interesting. What I wouldn't give to see Kimi back in the silver arrow. BUT, I think Eric Boullier has done a fantastic job up till now to manage, motivate and drive Kimi. Especially given how temperamental the Finn is. Add to this the reliable machine the Lotus is turning out to be.

We need to wait and watch if Kimi is speaking with McLaren, but if Kimi wins any of the remainder GP's (which is so near yet so far) then things can change quickly. McLaren may just buy him out from Lotus. Not to forget that Ron Dennis and Kimi have high regards for each other (google for Ron Dennis and Kimi).

Though, I will have mixed emotions if this happens. I like Kimi in the Lotus overhauls.

Also to throw some more masala - There may be a seat vacant at Ferrari as well. Who fills that?
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 23:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

If indeed the Ice man moves to Mclaren it will be re-marriage and back to great days for Mclaren ahead. I hope Button will get the due upgrades in his car and begins to perform well.
But its quite shocking to hear the Lewis is going to Merc because he is a purely Mclaren product.(selected and trained as the best child racer by Mclaren Merc)
Old 5th September 2012, 23:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry have been unable to follow F1 off late. So if the above is true what happens to Schumi? Is he retiring again or moving to a different team? Or is mercedes going to retain him and let go off rosberg?
Old 6th September 2012, 00:53   #5
BHPian

^^ Schumi was on a three year deal . So, in all possibilities he will go back home and watch F1 on TV
Old 6th September 2012, 00:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting this story to break during the August shutdown. This is a negotiating tool to up his 'market value' and nothing else.

I dont believe Lewis thinks Mercedes is a better chance to win the Championship than Mclaren. Posting telemetry data at Spa was a very stupid thing to do, but just shows how much he cannot accept being beaten. Money would never be the reason to shift to Mercedes.

The contract being negotiated will be a long term one of 4/5 years and therefore it will take slightly longer to come to an agreement. Apart from money, there exists the fact Lewis wants to keep his own trophies, which the team have always retained at Woking.
Old 6th September 2012, 01:13   #7
BHPian

Kimi will join the big boy club again for sure. Hello, Kimster in silver, again!!

I was secretly hoping for this, and it has happened; this is why the Iceman had a one year optional walk out clause in his Lotus contract. Don't think he'll stay with the black dress unless he wins the championship, which is pretty uphill.
So, Hamilton and Rosberg at Merc, just like old times then!

Lets hope he's not doing it based on the belief that the last person to replace Schumi (Kimi) won the championship! :-P

Last edited by negativeH : 6th September 2012 at 01:23.
Old 6th September 2012, 08:02   #8
BHPian

And now the round of denials from McLaren - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/09/0...c-roundup-069/
Old 6th September 2012, 09:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting news. Nowadays, agents do this and more to land lucrative contracts.

But I wonder why would Lewis move from the strong McLaren to a struggling Mercedes.

And since this is from Eddie Jordan, lets wait for some other sources as well.
Old 6th September 2012, 09:15   #10
Senior - BHPian

Is it Andrew Benson and EJ reporting this news

But I will wait, article on the same topic by JA

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/0...-and-mercedes/
Old 6th September 2012, 09:37   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
^^ Schumi was on a three year deal . So, in all possibilities he will go back home and watch F1 on TV
Jolly good for both, Schumi has done the dirty development work, so a fresher and more aggressive driver will help!
Old 6th September 2012, 10:34   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ah, the silly season hits belatedly.
I, for one, dont see this happening. And personally, I wouldn't want to see Kimi back at Mclaren.
Old 6th September 2012, 10:53   #13
Senior - BHPian

Lewis, Mercedes? Really?? It's the most over-rated team in F1 today and for the past few years. I think this is the longest Brawn has gone without producing a competitive car. Or maybe he should go back to being a TD rather than a TP.

Back on topic, might be possible. I can't believe Lewis is stupid enough to post telemetry data without some conspiracy theories going on in his head.

A little -

Has Di Riesta really impressed that much to talked about being at Mclaren? He was comprehensively beaten by Sutil (OK.. so he was a rookie) and now Hulk has been beating him more often than not and just overtaken him on points.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:21   #14
Team-BHP Support

Rounds of denial are going on… here is the news bit from ESPN-Star
http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f...rcedes-denied/

That said, I guess there will be a vacant seat with Mercedes next year. I read somewhere that Bernie indicated this is Schumacher’s last season (trying to locate the link).
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 11:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I read somewhere that Bernie indicated this is Schumacher’s last season (trying to locate the link).
F1F had tweeted that Bernie mentioned to BBC that he is sad because Schumacher will be leaving F1 at the end of this year. This was supposedly a slip of tongue
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks