Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 19:43   #31
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - SINGTEL Singapore Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Conspiracy theory - sabotage in light of recent developments?
Though he was very much disappointed, he walked away calm without showing much frustration (no steering throwing incidents and all).
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:06   #32
BHPian

Shame on McLaren. Two consecutive races, and one car has always had some or the other mechanical problem.

Lewis was absolutely set for P1 today, as JB was set for a podium in Monza. And in both the races, one driver had to give up. JB is already out of the race for the drivers championship. And if McLaren keep up this level of inconsistency with the mechanical of the car, then I guess Lewis is out too. Really sad. Pull up your socks McLaren. I sincerely hope Lewis moves off from McLaren next year. Hopefully replace Massa at Ferrari :P.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Great result for Force India and Di Resta! Still lot of work to be done to catch Sauber and keep Williams behind.
For now, it looks like Alonso and Vettel are the contenders for the Championship. However, even a single retirement for them can change things upside-down.

Kimi still maintains the 100% lap record for 2012. Great achievement considering that he has returned to F1 after a break and with guys like Maldonado/Grosjean around. Also, he has scored points in all the races except one.

Maldonado, bad luck this time but now he has gone pointless for 9 consecutive races. Last time he scored points was the win @ Spanish GP.
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:51   #34
BHPian

It is not over till the FIA sings.

2012 F1 - SINGTEL Singapore Grand Prix-image2770775696.jpg
Old 23rd September 2012, 20:58   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat

Conspiracy theory - sabotage in light of recent developments?
That was exactly my thought when Hamilton's car slowed down and stopped

Once Vettel took on the lead, I moved fully into Liverpool - Man U match, but unfortunately nothing much to cheer there as well :(
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:52   #36
mgh
BHPian

Force India have already scored more points than they ever have in a season, but are only seventh, and far enough behind Sauber. They need to fire their strategist and hire a new one. Strategy screwed Hulkenberg, sending him far back with the unnecessary pit stop under the last safety car.
Their was a lot of talk during the race and afterwards about Paul di Resta's possible move to McLaren, if Lewis moves.
Old 23rd September 2012, 22:21   #37
BHPian

http://bit.ly/VtexRE
Old 23rd September 2012, 23:21   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
It is not over till the FIA sings.
No action taken, "the stewards issued a statement after the race saying they would not be taking any action and that Vettel, as the race leader, was entitled to dictate the pace under the regulations. "

http://en.espnf1.com/singapore/motor...ory/89734.html
Old 24th September 2012, 07:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Painful luck for Lewis, should have been a easy win from that point of the race. Vettel was the next best driver over the weekend and he has taken the win and is strongly in the title chase now.

Crazy mistake by Michael strikingly similar to what happened last year!

Otherwise, nothing exciting in the Singapore GP! Boring long race!

A stupid joke for a circuit and it only makes me sad when I read about the new agreement extended until 2017.
Old 24th September 2012, 08:27   #40
Senior - BHPian

What a boring procession of a race! Or maybe the TV director was so bad that he showed only the boring visuals from the race.

Without incidents/retirements, probably the top-10 would have remained the same as they were at the end of lap-1.

Listening to the cars from on-board shots, they sounded like cars in stop-go traffic.
Old 24th September 2012, 09:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Crazy mistake by Michael strikingly similar to what happened last year!

Otherwise, nothing exciting in the Singapore GP! Boring long race!

A stupid joke for a circuit and it only makes me sad when I read about the new agreement extended until 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
What a boring procession of a race! Or maybe the TV director was so bad that he showed only the boring visuals from the race.
Can't agree more with the sentiment about the race being boring - I dread these street circuit races. Apart from being a glitterati circus, they are nowhere in comparison to the hot tracks that F1 should have.

Schumi's error was shocking and the list of mistakes just creeps up each race. Being a die-hard fan of his, it just pains me seeing him struggle. Legends should never come back . I would have preferred to remember Schumi's last race to be the blazing Brazilian Grand prix in 2006 where he drove from a hopeless position after contact with Fisi and a flat tyre post starting 10th on the grid and finished 4th ! Is it slowing reflexes, technology leap or just plain a tempered hunger for success thats to blame ? Next race he has picked up 10 places grid penalty
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2012, 11:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Well, Singapore's never produced an interesting race so I was sharing the remote with my wife for this race (i.e. Star Sports was being alternated with some award show on Zee TV).

- Gutted to see Maldonado retire. Great to see that he kept it clean while defending against Alonso. Or maybe Alonso kept a bit of distance knowing the dangers.
- Being a Williams fan, good to see FI mess up a possible 4th and 6th (and get a huge leap over Williams). Though were Perez/Hulk or Hulk/Kobayashi incident investigated? I couldn't find any report on that. And I am quite sure if Maldonado was involved, a penalty would have been dished out faster than you can say penalty.
- For the 1st time, sad to see Hamilton retire. Maybe because I can stand Hamilton more than I can stand Vettel.
- Not sure if Massa got incredibly lucky or was it master control to hold the car and still overtake (incident with Bruno Senna). He must have had a good race to come from the back (after a puncture) and still finish 8th. SC might have helped.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:21   #43
BHPian

Finally some results from SFI!! Well done Paul!! Too bad for Hulkenberg - I guess one of the reasons was his making though. Micheal's crash was why? Brakes failed?
I agree Singapore circuit is a tad boring but I still think its a nice change, maybe they should widen the track and slap in another straight DRS stretch?
Hamilton's departure was pathetic!
Old 24th September 2012, 18:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Schumi's error was shocking and the list of mistakes just creeps up each race. Being a die-hard fan of his, it just pains me seeing him struggle. Legends should never come back . I would have preferred to remember Schumi's last race to be the blazing Brazilian Grand prix in 2006 where he drove from a hopeless position after contact with Fisi and a flat tyre post starting 10th on the grid and finished 4th ! Is it slowing reflexes, technology leap or just plain a tempered hunger for success thats to blame ? Next race he has picked up 10 places grid penalty
I disagree with this point of view. Schumacher has driven at a very very high level this year, comparable to the best. In the last 7 races or so he has outscored his teammate by nearly double the number of points. He has consistently outqualified his teammate as well (even though the scorecard only shows 8-7 or so, the actual gap is much bigger ) At the start of the year he had a string of mechanical failures which makes the picture look completely different from what it actually is.

The Hungarian race was an absolute disaster for him, Spain is very 50-50 (a lot of former F1 drivers have come out in support of Schumacher for the accident with Bruno), and Singapore still is very much unknown - was it a brake failure / stuck accelerator pedal / simple human error is not confirmed. However, he has had some fantastic races this season and is defintely sitting in that F1 car on merit alone, based on his performances from mid 2011.

He has always had weekends where he piles on the mistakes : Suzuka 2003, China 2004, Turkey 2006 are still fresh in my mind. Suzuka is also mostly a write off with the stupid 10 place penalty. But I dont think you can make a sweeping statement like "he has lost it" based on a couple of mistakes per year.
Old 24th September 2012, 18:19   #45
BHPian

Who the hell was Michael's race engineer yesterday?What a gall to ask "What just happened there"? Even when idiots like Pastor,Grosjen,Senna cause mayhem,the engineer's first reaction is always to check if the drivers are ok

Its hightime Michael just packs up and leaves.The idiots at Mercedez just dont deserve him.Just how many times did they fail him this year and the old man never uttered anything on the public.
jraj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed