Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 15:55   #31
BHPian

Re: Michael Schumacher's 2013 move - Ferrari or Sauber ?

It's really sad (twice over). He was still enjoying his driving and so were we. He should have continued with a smaller team like Sauber as some suggested and lived out his passion.
Old 4th October 2012, 16:22   #32
BHPian

Re: Michael Schumacher retiring at the end of 2012

The last 6 races of the greatest ever racing driver F1 has ever seen. Enjoy it while it lasts !

The man has competed against drivers who started racing in the late 70s to those who were born after he made his F1 debut in 1991. He's been around for nearly 1/3 of the sports history and has every record bagged for atleast the next 10 years, if not forever. And he was very much at the top of the sport, especially this year, with the pole in Monaco, a possible win at Monaco, the possible 3rd place at Australia, the possible 2nd at China all ruined due to mostly car failures. Without which he would have been comfortably sitting near the top 5-6 of the WDC standings this year.

T'was a pleasure. Lets hope atleast this retirement ends on a high note, unlike the heartbreaking engine failure at Suzuka 2006 and the puncture at Brazil.

Legend forever !
PuntoMania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 16:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ah well, goodbye again to a legend. Coming back without a good car was problem number one and then development never quite happened as it should have.

There have always been glimpses of how his skills have not diminished much from his heyday and I always rooted for him because he was once nigh on unbeatable. However, he reminded me of an ageing athlete making a comeback (I blame a lot of that on the car). Unfortunately in a sport like F1, the car usually counts for more than the driver. I guess that is one of the reason american racing has people using similar cars.

I do believe that Schumi has it in him to race effectively for a few more years. I wonder how good he would have been with Ferrari/Mclaren/Red Bull. Would have been a true mark of his skill level.
Old 4th October 2012, 17:14   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
And the doubts have been put to rest.

Schumacher to retire from F1, again. The keyword being, again.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/1...ix-schumacher-
idUKBRE8930EH20121004
Link is not working, also i cannot find anything like Schumi retirement .

I stopped watching F1 when Schumi retired. He is still good but in F1 Driver is only 10%, Car is 90%. I would like to see him in Suzuka- winning and then he can say goodbye. He is fastest in practice session so lets see. A pole and a win would be dream come true.

I will retire with him from F1 viewership, on a high!!!

Regards,
Maddy
Passiautonate is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 19:50   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19826983
Confirmed! The legend will be gone by end of this season :(
This clearly shows how competitive Schumi is in the F1 scene

And the above news shows, Alonso fears Schumi even today

Anyways, cannot miss the rest of the 6 races this season, Probably this will be last time we guys will ever see the LEGEND in action.
Old 4th October 2012, 20:34   #36
BHPian

Here's the link of this announcement from the Official Formula 1 Page - http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../10/13863.html
Old 4th October 2012, 21:24   #37
BHPian

Michael's retirement in his own words --

Quote:
Michael to leave Formula 1
Retirement at the end of the season - ”I am at ease with myself”

"I have decided to retire from Formula 1 at the end of the season, although I am still able to compete with the best drivers of the world. This is something that makes me proud, and this is part of why I never regretted my Comback. I can be happy with my performance and the fact that I was continuously raising my game during the last three years. But then, at some point it is time to say Good-Bye.

Already during the past weeks and months I was not sure if I would still have the motivation and energy which is necessary to go on; and it is not my style to do anything which I am not 100% convinced about. With today’s decision I feel released from those doubts. In the end, it is not my ambition to just drive around but to fight for victories; and the pleasure of driving is nourished by competitiveness.

I have said at the end of 2009 that I want to be measured by my success, and this is why I had a lot of critizism in the past 3 years which partly was justified. It is without doubt that we did not achieve our goal to develop a world championship fighting car within those 3 years. It is also without doubt that I cannot provide a long term perspective to anyone. But then it is also clear that I can still be very happy about my overall achievements in Formula 1.

In the past 6 years I have learned a lot, also about me, and I am thankful for it: for example, that you can open yourself up without losing focus. That losing can be both more difficult and more instructive than winning; something I had lost out of sight sometimes in earlier years. That you have to appreciate to be able to do what you love. That you have to live your convictions. I have opened my horizon, and I am at ease with myself.

I would like to thank Daimler, Mercedes-Benz and the Team for their trust. But I also would like to thank all my friends, partners and companions, who over many good years in motorsport supported me. But most of all I would like to thank my family for standing always by my side, giving me the freedom to live my convictions and sharing my joy."
http://www.michael-schumacher.de/sit.../news.html#485
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 22:55   #38
BHPian

Well even his retirement words show lot of competitive spirit. He has still lot left in him but I believe circumstances have taken its toll.
He is one of those who will never give up.

I was extremely please when Schumi and Sachin came together for an ad campaign. There is so much common between them. They never give up, humble and extremely competitive. Age is a number, more the better . When I first saw a F1 race in 1994, Schumi was leading by more than a lap and am a fan from the day. I know it has to do with car- but such was the dominance of the man.

Salute-
Old 4th October 2012, 23:20   #39
BHPian

The news is now official and well, good timing. Clearly he has it in him but makes sense, nonetheless. It truly is the end of an era in F1 :( Clearly never had the car that would have him go from day one however yet, was priceless watching him drive for these seasons.

Salute, salute & a bow speedmeister!

You may have retired but your records will remain untouched for a long long time to come and so will be your race legends. That is forever stuff
Old 5th October 2012, 08:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

I really hoped Michael will be around for one more season. And it is not to be.

Anyways, let's enjoy the remaining races. Michael is 5th fastest in FP1 at Suzuka.

The best moment thus far in the silver arrow.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2012, 09:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Its a pain to see him leave F1 again, its not as bad as how it felt back in Monza'06 but... he will be missed!

Have made quick plans to be there at the IndianGP, hoping to see the Champ one last time in an F1 car!
Old 5th October 2012, 10:47   #42
BHPian

It's very sad to see Schumi retire. You are a true legend Schumi! Sad that I wouldn't be able watch him race in India for one final time.

I wish he wins atleast one race this season.
Old 5th October 2012, 14:10   #43
BHPian

re: Michael Schumacher retiring at the end of 2012

after following the legends every move for 15 years, he's finally calling it quits. sad part is this time we know there wont be any comebacks.

who would have ever thought that the first time i see him live in person will be in Noida of all places in the world
Old 5th October 2012, 22:51   #44
Senior - BHPian

This thing sucks!

Dint someone give him something and said, "You MUST read this"

Old 6th October 2012, 00:02   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I am not the biggest fan of the man, mostly because I picked camps with the 98 season, and went to mclaren, but this is quite a sad way for someone who has done so much.
Agreed, he had my blood boiling most of the time, but there were innumerable guys in red Ts at pebble street who were kept happy too.
This is not the way to go. He bowed out at the top, but this?.....sad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks