Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2012, 17:54   #1
BHPian

Is Paul di Resta moving to Ferrari? EDIT : Massa to stay on till 2013

After Lewis and Perez movements, some more movements have been reported. This time Paul di Resta is rumored to be moving to Ferrari. Earlier, his teammate Nico was linked to Ferrari.

http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-206704.html

So, there is a trade off between Massa and di Resta at Ferrari.
Old 8th October 2012, 16:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Is Paul di Resta moving to Ferrari? EDIT : Massa to stay on till 2013

Unfortunately, it is very likely that Massa himself might get another year at Ferrari

No, I don't think an average driver like Massa deserves to be driving in a team like Ferrari.

His 2nd place finish yesterday might just work to his benefit.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:17   #3
BHPian

Looking at how Perez fared yesterday, it may seem that McLaren hurried in signing him. di Resta may have been equally good or slightly better. Perez is a great catch if Vodafone is moving out and Telemex is coming in along with Coca Cola; purely on commercial grounds.

Hulkenburg going to Sauber is like a rat abandoning sinking ship. Both Mallya and Sahara are neck deep in troubles. I wish Grosjean gets a very long forced holiday and di Resta moves to Lotus. He is a good talent, should not be wasted.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:22   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunately, it is very likely that Massa himself might get another year at Ferrari

I am happy to see him recover from the psychological damage of his horrific accident, which was definitely not his fault.
Old 9th October 2012, 09:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am happy to see him recover from the psychological damage of his horrific accident, which was definitely not his fault.
I agree with you. It can be extremely challenging for one to come back after such an incident.

I am not sure if Paul di Resta will be able to do a better job than Massa. I just wish Ferrari finds a driver who can get decent points every race. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 9th October 2012, 10:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The accident was not his fault. But he is way behind Alonso and his performance has also been way off mark. Sympathies don't get points and podiums. Teams need winning drivers. If not Massa, then somebody else.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 11:00   #7
BHPian

It would be a complete travesty if Paul Di Resta gets the seat at Ferrari, in fact any seat in a top team ahead of Nico Hulkenburg. Hulkenburg has been very impressive this year, and has almost always found himself ahead of Di Resta. The British media will have you believe otherwise though.
Old 9th October 2012, 11:04   #8
Mik
BHPian

Massa has been off the pace for quite some time now. Accident or no accident. Or, we can say that he has been overshadowed by the best driver of this generation who happens to be his teammate. But, close to 85% of the points by one driver is unpardonable. Last year, his irresponsible run-ins with Hamilton spoilt the whole season for Ferrari. Even in the Indian grand prix, he crashed at the same place twice
Old 9th October 2012, 11:15   #9
BHPian

IMO Di Riesta is not on the same level as Perez, Hulk, Kamui. He is very dull in press conferences too. Alonso will eat him alive. Remember Massa was still doing OK until Ferrari let Alonso upper hand, Germany 2010.
Old 9th October 2012, 11:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Accident + Germany 2010. He never was the same again. He may not be in the league of Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton but he never seemed as slow as he has been this year, leaving aside the last few races.

Di Riesta - I don't why people rate him so much. He was hardly matching Sutil even by the end of his 1st season. Now, Hulk comes after a lay-off and more often than not has him covered. I was sad to see Hulk leave Williams, and I will still prefer to him over Di Riesta.
Old 9th October 2012, 12:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No, I don't think an average driver like Massa deserves to be driving in a team like Ferrari.

Unfortunately, Ferrari seems to be interested in only a subordinate for Alonso.

I vote for Perez,Raikkonen,Webber and my dream is to see schumi at ferrari again
Old 9th October 2012, 13:54   #12
BHPian

Quote:

Maybe I am being naive here, but any driver who replaces Massa at Ferrari will be demoted to being an average driver, regardless of how he scorches the track. Ferrari are centered around Alonso and Massa is playing it good as the 2nd driver. Also consider that Alonso has an excellent relationship with Massa and will work to keep Massa as his team mate.

That said, Massa is struggling. Although he can't match Alonso's pace, ideally he should have been trailing close behind to Alonso and bringing Ferrari the constructors points.

On another note - I would love to see Kamui at Ferrari

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I wish Grosjean gets a very long forced holiday and di Resta moves to Lotus. He is a good talent, should not be wasted.
I will still consider Grosjean's antics as a rookie mistake. I know there are no if's and but's here, BUT just think about all the points Grosjean could have scored had he not made all the silly mistakes throughout the season.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Unfortunately, Ferrari seems to be interested in only a subordinate for Alonso.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Maybe I am being naive here, but any driver who replaces Massa at Ferrari will be demoted to being an average driver, regardless of how he scorches the track. Ferrari are centered around Alonso and Massa is playing it good as the 2nd driver. Also consider that Alonso has an excellent relationship with Massa and will work to keep Massa as his team mate.
I think both of you are overestimating Alonso's influence in the team. Ferrari's first priority is to win both championships, and arguably, from prizemoney point of view, the WCC is more important than the WDC. Vettel apparently already has a pre-contract signed with Ferrari for 2014, and they are looking for a 1 year replacement for Massa who will be better than Massa. He's not 'sub-ordinate' material by any means.

I've never bought this idea that a driver can influence his team to such an extent that the team will make a substandard driver choice based on his preference alone. An F1 team will always do whats best for itself.
Old 9th October 2012, 14:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
I've never bought this idea that a driver can influence his team to such an extent that the team will make a substandard driver choice based on his preference alone. An F1 team will always do whats best for itself.
Ferrari are smart, they may give out a feeling that drivers are dictate the show; Schumacher or Alonso. But in reality, that will not be the case. When they have the power to dictate to FIA, why will they be dictated by drivers?
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 14:50   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Maybe I am being naive here, but any driver who replaces Massa at Ferrari will be demoted to being an average driver, regardless of how he scorches the track. Ferrari are centered around Alonso and Massa is playing it good as the 2nd driver
Lets leave aside Fernando Alonso.

This Sunday was Massa's FIRST podium in 35 races and 2 years. In a Ferrari. Enough said.

If Ferrari renews his contract, that just shows how bad things currently are at Ferrari. Fonso is leading the championship in a truck; why is the car's development so slow? Red Bull is going to eat them for lunch now, with 5 races to go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks