Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2012, 23:44   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1 2012 - Korean Grand Prix - Yeongam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Hamiltons car was definately not what it was all through the season, looks like a half heartedly effort.
Seriously, what made you say that? He clearly had issue with the car(rear anti roll bar) and post race both Hamilton and Whitemarsh confirmed it. Not only that, he had awesome fight with Kimi, the way in which Hamilton preserved the KERS to fight back after Kimi overtook using DRS was nothing but 100% commitment.
http://en.espnf1.com/korea/motorsport/story/91828.html
Old 15th October 2012, 00:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Seriously, what made you say that? He clearly had issue with the car(rear anti roll bar) and post race both Hamilton and Whitemarsh confirmed it. Not only that, he had awesome fight with Kimi, the way in which Hamilton preserved the KERS to fight back after Kimi overtook using DRS was nothing but 100% commitment.
http://en.espnf1.com/korea/motorsport/story/91828.html
EDIT: , Oh you was talking about the car not Hamilton. Please neglect the previous post.
Old 15th October 2012, 08:52   #48
Senior - BHPian

Dint watch the race, but I guess I dint miss anything much!

IMO, the title race is over already. Looking at the laptimes, the RBs dint show their raw pace in the race. Its going to be tough for Ferrari to catch the RB.

Lewis's car is finishing where I expected he would finish after he announced his move to Mercedes, may be he is starting to get a feel what it will be like next year

Ferrari... is back to the car that they were running in Canada as most updates after Canada took the car backward. They figured correlation problems with WT inhouse and moved development to TWT, I am afraid its a bit too late. A major update is expected for IndianGP, I hope it works!
Old 15th October 2012, 09:54   #49
BHPian

What has led to the transformation of Massa, or is it not? Pep talk, threats? If this transformation had happened earlier, Ferrari would have been comfortably ahead of McLaren and may be even give Redbull and tough fight for WCC.

Considering that Massa is not sure for 2013 Ferrari drive (or not announced yet), he may continue good performance for the remaining races. And push Alonso also?
Old 15th October 2012, 10:06   #50
BANNED

Really enjoyed the race. Yes, both Ferrari's seem to be batting way above expectation. I am really glad to see Massa go!!!
Old 15th October 2012, 10:32   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
What has led to the transformation of Massa, or is it not? Pep talk, threats? If this transformation had happened earlier, Ferrari would have been comfortably ahead of McLaren and may be even give Redbull and tough fight for WCC.

Considering that Massa is not sure for 2013 Ferrari drive (or not announced yet), he may continue good performance for the remaining races. And push Alonso also?
I think you are right..it could be a psychological thing. Now that you mentioned it, Massa seems to have gotten more serious. The most conspicuous piece of evidence I can think of is that move he pulled on Senna in Singapore, which has easily got to be the overtake of the year.

And even if he isn't guaranteed a future, who will Ferrari replace him with?
Old 15th October 2012, 10:34   #52
BHPian

Quote:
One more BORING race of the season.

Hamiltons car was definately not what it was all through the season, looks like a half heartedly effort. Lewis has to get used to this stuff as he will face the same issues driving the Donkey- Mercedes AMG next year

Mercedes - Donkey cars are loosing out and are pathetic on the track. Sauber will certainly take over that 5th position from them without a fight for sure. Sad for Schumi to go out on a BIG LOW at the end of the season.

Red-Bulls and Ferrari's drove a great race, Must say, Force India cars are fantastic too.
I switched off 3/4 of the race , it is really boring why races are held at this track and have decided to switch my allegiance from McLaren to RBR. McLaren has this uncanny ability to snatch defeat from jaws of victory and this decision is also not inspired by one race, always some reason or the other. Pity. Next year is going to be a real comedy with captain slow and "I will go faster on dirty side of track " checo !!
Quote:
Waiting for the Indian GP, hope its a sooper one.
"Shubashya Sheegram" - good things should not wait, please start your thread.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"It doesn’t feel great to experience days like these, but every cloud has a silver lining." - Lewis Hamilton after the Korean GP
Sounds like he referring to the fact that he got a chance to experience fighting for the final point. He should see a lot of this silver lining next year with the Silver Arrow.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:30   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

I for one am seriously worried about McL opting for Perez.
He's not inspiring confidence ever since the news of his move broke.
But McL have always been mechanical in their processes, so I am hoping he gets the madness out of his system in this season.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:46   #55
Senior - BHPian

Missed the race but downloaded it and seen half. Lewis-Kimi battle was the most interesting part in the first half. His comeback on Kimi was really simple and truly awesome. Not sure how Mclaren went from fastest to slow in a few GPs, though if anyone can they can. They seem to have the ability to throw the title away almost consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Next year is going to be a real comedy with captain slow and "I will go faster on dirty side of track " checo !!
Jenson - Captain slow? Sure, he doesn't have the raw speed of Lewis but he's more than capable of keeping him honest - in fact he has kept him honest all through their time together. He's very good in the wet, and he knows when to keep his mouth shut. No, I am not a fan but I like the way he goes around doing his work. Oh and I only started rating him after he moved to Mclaren and took up the challenge to Lewis.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:01   #56
BHPian

I am on the verge of relinquishing my McLaren fan role. What a pathetic display of incompetence by a supposedly top team? McLaren has always been the second best but now they seem to go even lower. I have never bought those McLaren sabotages Lewis theories but now looking at results in last three races I dont know what to say. As Lewis has said, some people are happy to see him go and may be someone is playing with his car? I was scared for his life when the car was that unstable on the straight. Crazy!

Re McLaren, did anyone see episode 8? No Lewis in there and its funny how they ignore mentioning Lewis on wall of Champions. Very very bad PR.
******Rant Over******

Last edited by akshay380 : 15th October 2012 at 12:02.
Old 15th October 2012, 12:27   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post

Jenson - Captain slow? Sure, he doesn't have the raw speed of Lewis but he's more than capable of keeping him honest - in fact he has kept him honest all through their time together. He's very good in the wet, and he knows when to keep his mouth shut. No, I am not a fan but I like the way he goes around doing his work. Oh and I only started rating him after he moved to Mclaren and took up the challenge to Lewis.
Jenson will win when lots of parameters are turned on and they way things go these days, it is looking very remote. He is very intelligent (like Prof. Prost) but raw speed is not there and can get very grumpy when the car is not to his liking. I still remember the words when he was driving the Brawn car, one post race comment to the team - 'Thank you guys for building a monster of a car' and few races later 'How how how can this car be so bad'

He can never compete against the likes of The Schum, Alonso, Lewis or for that matter Vettel . Jenson personifies McLaren these days, not exciting, wins occasionally, lots of PR , no big results. Unless there is some magic next year, I feel McLaren's rot has begun.
Old 15th October 2012, 16:23   #58
BHPian

Ok race but made artificially interesting by shouting and screaming my steve slater! I think Vettel drove very well but Webber leaving the first place during the first corner felt too easy and choreographed!

I, for one, have lost all respect for Lewis. He acts too bad when he is getting overtaken. He tries to push people off the track when being overtaken. I am not saying he should just let everyone overtake him, but there is a more mature way to handle over taking than pushing people off the track. Also, he expects everyone to just let him pass!. Sad that his pace is not supported by the car. The astro turf getting stuck to his car was really sad and must have been a big embarrassment for the organizers.

Massa had great pace yesterday. Would have over taken Alonso had it not been for team orders.

And Grojen finally completed a race without any incidents!

Really looking forward to the Indian GP. Hope the iceman can win it!
Old 15th October 2012, 16:34   #59
BHPian

Is it a good idea to sign off on this boring race ?

Check this out, can't stop laughing

http://www.offonf1.com/vitality/disp...rea_4/12-10-14
polopm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 16:42   #60
BANNED

For McLaren to have picked Perez, they must have spoke to Lewis about his plan right? I mean, who wants Perez over Hamilton?

Or was he booted ?

I just dont see how Lewis can opt to go to Mercedes over McLaren, it's not like they're any bwtter?

Most Viewed