Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2012, 17:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag

I am in Picnic Stand North too. Hoping to catchup with both of you.

Hi Mayank, I am booked on the 8.45pm flight back to Bombay from IGIA on Sunday. Assuming I am out of the circuit by 5.30 - 5.45, you think I'll be able to catch my flight?

Won't happen.
Try and get a later flight.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 18:55   #17
BHPian

Re: Calling all 2012 Indian GP attendees!

Hi,

I am making up my mind about attending or not ... pls help:

1. How is the car parking arrangement there (safety) and whether there are enough places.

2. Bus arrangement - any risk of being stranded there due to unavailability of buses? I remember the massive confusion in Sepand when I went there a few years back.

3. Is it possible to purchase 1-day tickets (qualifying)?
Old 15th October 2012, 19:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post

1. How is the car parking arrangement there (safety) and whether there are enough places.

2. Bus arrangement - any risk of being stranded there due to unavailability of buses? I remember the massive confusion in Sepand when I went there a few years back.

3. Is it possible to purchase 1-day tickets (qualifying)?
1. Car Parking arrangement is pretty safe. I didn't face an untoward incident last year. There was ample parking last year; I am assuming the same for this year too. Although, the parking ticket is a bit highly priced, but I guess it's OK for the convenience it offers.

2. If you have the option between taking the bus or driving, I'd suggest you drive. The rush is maddening after the event.

3. 1 day tickets are available only for the Race Day. Anyways, whats the fun in seeing the qualifying and not the real race

Now some quick tips based on my experience last year
  1. If you are flying out of Delhi on Sunday itself, time your flight right. Last year it took us a whole 2 hours to get out of the venue. Yep, we were stuck in traffic for that long. The only saving grace was Anil Kapoor in a Rolls on my right and a limo filled with celebs just ahead of his Rolls. Point is, if you have a flight after 2130 hours, you should be good. Anything earlier is cutting it too close.
  2. There was a serious issue with mobile network last year. I am assuming they have fixed this this time around. In any case, inform your near-dear ones regarding this beforehand
  3. Carry ear plugs. It gets LOUD. You can purchase ear plugs from the venue as well.
  4. Food at the venue is a tad bit expensive so have your fill before you reach there.
  5. You cant carry water inside so leave all bottles out. You can buy them there

And finally my request to all those who are going - Please get us some nice HD shots of the Lotus' (prefereably Kimi's)

Edit: Just read Mayank's response earlier. Fella's if you are flying out on Sunday itself, make sure you are on a flight after 2130 or leave the venue mid race. Else you won't make it.

Last edited by iceman7 : 15th October 2012 at 19:42.
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 10:32   #19
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have just won the Grand Stand Tickets for the Grand Prix. Man I am excited. I am waiting for the tickets to arrive and then would probably get the Race day only ticket for my wife for the Grand stand so that we can watch together.

One question: Are DSLRs allowed because in the the guidelines section it is mentioned that no professional cameras allowed.

Also anybody going from Delhi or Gurgaon?

CHEERS!!
Old 19th October 2012, 11:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
One question: Are DSLRs allowed because in the the guidelines section it is mentioned that no professional cameras allowed.

Also anybody going from Delhi or Gurgaon?
CHEERS!!
DSLRs weren't a problem last year. By professional cameras, I think they mean the ones which have huge zoom lens. Upto 300mm, which most amateurs have wasn't a problem.
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 18:44   #21
BHPian

Even i am there at the Picnic Stand South. I would be driving to the venue. Hope to catch you guys there. I am so excited
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:53   #22
BHPian

I need some info here. I was planning to give Qualifying tickets to someone i know, but he doesn't have a car (I had purchased car parking). Now the dilemma is even if give him tickets, how will he reach the circuit. Bus service has an option of purchasing all three day ticket (coz mine was season ticket). Any work around? Is there any public transport buses going towards agra which he can take?
Old 24th October 2012, 00:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I need some info here. I was planning to give Qualifying tickets to someone i know, but he doesn't have a car (I had purchased car parking). Now the dilemma is even if give him tickets, how will he reach the circuit. Bus service has an option of purchasing all three day ticket (coz mine was season ticket). Any work around? Is there any public transport buses going towards agra which he can take?
You can give the ticket and tell the person to take a cab. The cab will drop you at the drop off point or the cab parking ( where the cab driver can wait ) and then you take a bus ( BIC free shuttle service ) from there. My mom did the same thing last year as i already pre-booked my bus tickets.
Old 24th October 2012, 00:47   #24
BHPian

I am at the Classic Stand North as well, will be with my 18-200mm kit. I hope they don't stop me from taking that in the venue.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:56   #25
BHPian

got grandstand passes for free! whippee!!
Old 27th October 2012, 17:56   #26
BHPian

I have a race day ticket. What's the parking scene there? One of my friend attended Practice yesterday and he said there was some open parking available next to the circuit - charges Rs. 100/-. Is this going to be available on the raceday as well?

What other options do we have in terms of parking?

Even for Park and ride, they say you need to book the shuttle in advance?

Most Viewed