Team-BHP - Calling all 2012 Indian GP attendees!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Calling all 2012 Indian GP attendees! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/127794-calling-all-2012-indian-gp-attendees.html)

If any of you are going, please try to take snapshots of the mobile homes and the commercial vehicles the teams use. :D

I'm there.
Picnic stand, south.

Why not report and make this thread an attendance list/congregation point for the forum?
just sayig.

I opted for Picnic Stand North keeping in view the direction of the sun. Moreover, it is nearer to the main grand stand and with lesser curves. So you get to see the F1 cars in more speed.

IMHO, picnic stands are way better then the star and classic stands because:

1. You are not confined to your seat and you can roam around in the grass, lie down, streach your legs etc.
2. You get to see almost the same view at 1/3rd the price.
3. You dont get a sheltered seat in the star and classic stands at 3 times the cost!

clap:

I opted for the Classic Stand North, Is there a possibility where the bhpians could meet and interact pre or post race. Personally i would really appreciate it if something materializes as it woul be my first meet :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by D33-PAC (Post 2932726)
If any of you are going, please try to take snapshots of the mobile homes and the commercial vehicles the teams use. :D

Sorry mate. Teams do not bring mobile homes and their own CVs here. I was hoping to shoot some last year but was disappointed. At track, there are team buildings, and their stay arrangements are taken care of by JPSI. Yeah, but if you can venture near the pit buildings, you will find a lot of super-cars parked around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akash_m (Post 2932884)
-----------SNIP-----------------

1. You are not confined to your seat and you can roam around in the grass, lie down, streach your legs etc.
3. You dont get a sheltered seat in the star and classic stands at 3 times the cost!

clap:

Let me validate that, I was in classic last year.
1. You actually get sore bum from the hard, tiny seats
2. The view is better. no tall guys standing up all of a sudden
3. Shelter or not, weather is good enough to stick it out in the open!

:)
See ya there!

@ mayankk, few quiries for u since u were there last year,
  1. Is it advisable to be at the BIC right from the morning (28th) since the race starts at 3:00 pm? I mean will the ongoing activities keep us tied up till the afternoon?
  2. How are the eating joints, varity & cost wise?
  3. How would be the traffic till the venue, i think the gates open at 9:30 a.m
Any other significant tip from your side?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akash_m
@ mayankk, few quiries for u since u were there last year,

[*]Is it advisable to be at the BIC right from the morning (28th) since the race starts at 3:00 pm? I mean will the ongoing activities keep us tied up till the afternoon?[*]How are the eating joints, varity & cost wise?[*]How would be the traffic till the venue, i think the gates open at 9:30 a.mAny other significant tip from your side?

You can come by early on to, one, soak up the sheer enormity of the track, and the petrol infused madness, and two, to catch some of the other action. There should be some demo runs, and last year there were some other leagues too.
You'll be easily tied up in something.
Last year traffic was MADDDDDD!
Sheer craziness!
Expecting this year to be better, since its a functionalroad now, and a lot of people would have finished with the been there bragging rights.

Food is expensive, but not exorbitant. Good options too, and you won't be able to take anything from outside.

I'm in grandstand , upper middle tier.

Was planning to go next year. But since Schumacher is retiring this year I thought I ll see him for one last time. Ho Ho I'm very excited...

Can anyone tell where are the 'Entertainment Zones' located inside the circuit? heard some local rock bands are schedules to play all day long over there on 28th..

Quote:

I opted for Picnic Stand North keeping in view the direction of the sun. Moreover, it is nearer to the main grand stand and with lesser curves. So you get to see the F1 cars in more speed.

clap:

I too am in picnic stand north. See you there :)

PS: I can share my cell number through PM so that we can catch each other :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 2932940)
Sorry mate. Teams do not bring mobile homes and their own CVs here. I was hoping to shoot some last year but was disappointed. At track, there are team buildings, and their stay arrangements are taken care of by JPSI. Yeah, but if you can venture near the pit buildings, you will find a lot of super-cars parked around.

whaaaaaaaat!? But the teams have to get their goods from the airport to thw track some way right? So do they use those Tatas and Leylands with local trailers?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by abbey4u (Post 2933098)
I too am in picnic stand north. See you there :)

I am in Picnic Stand North too. Hoping to catchup with both of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 2933040)
Last year traffic was MADDDDDD!
Sheer craziness!

Hi Mayank, I am booked on the 8.45pm flight back to Bombay from IGIA on Sunday. Assuming I am out of the circuit by 5.30 - 5.45, you think I'll be able to catch my flight?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackparag (Post 2933259)
I am in Picnic Stand North too. Hoping to catchup with both of you.

Hi Mayank, I am booked on the 8.45pm flight back to Bombay from IGIA on Sunday. Assuming I am out of the circuit by 5.30 - 5.45, you think I'll be able to catch my flight?

Assuming that ur reporting time at the airport is 7.45, it would be a tricky business. 2 Hrs is the normal travel time from BIC with no event happening. You cannot expect the same travel time on the Final race day!

Moreover in T3 (IGIA) you never know how much you have to walk to your flight gate!

Quote:

Originally Posted by D33-PAC (Post 2933214)
whaaaaaaaat!? But the teams have to get their goods from the airport to thw track some way right? So do they use those Tatas and Leylands with local trailers?

Unfortunately, yes! I guess those trucks are just for european races. Transporting trucks can't be economical.