Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 11:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: 2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil

For Massa to block, I think he would have to be ahead of Vettel. Not sure if he has managed to do that this season (besides Monza). And while blocking for race position is part of the race, blocking while lapping is not allowed for more than a few turns.

Personally, I want it to be clean. Anything out of the ordinary would lead to a huge controversy - something which F1 (or any other sport) doesn't need.

Last edited by asr245 : 21st November 2012 at 11:54.
Old 21st November 2012, 11:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
What kind of updates can we expect Ferrari to bring for Alonso ?

Also, back to the Massa slashing Vettel's tires question -- if it does happen, or any sort of intentional race sabotaging occurs, which culminates in a WDC for Alonso, what kind of reprimanding can we see from the stewards ?

Also, can't they make it look accidental ? What if Massa is asked to blockade ?
I dont think anybody would have the guts to pull off another damon-michaelesque thing in this regulated age.
I believe the RBR and the red cars will extra cautious around each other if they get to that.

Reprimands could be anything from race points stripped, to a drop.
Massa can blockade all ferrari want. THAT is strategic. Rubens did that a lot.(You should catch his visit to top gear).

But I am expecting a clean race, with extra careful teams.

also, If vettel is outqualified, and is caught in traffic, I would love to have his radio comm on live!
Old 21st November 2012, 20:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Alonso's attitude is a matter your opinion and you'r entitled to it.
But who's attitude do you like then?
The kind of attitude which screamed to the media that his team didnt want him to carry over the No1 status to Mclaren in 2006

The kind of attitude which blackmailed his employer - Give me No1 status,else I would expose the Stepneygate issue

Just a hypothetical question - Should the F2012 let go in Brazil just like the F2006 did in Suzuka,do you think Alonso's attitude will let him respond the same way that Michael did?

I dont want to comment about others - but Michael & Kimi,I have immense respect for these 2 guys on that account alone - they rose and fell with their team.They never ever trained their guns on their own team
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:19   #34
BHPian

Ethics and sports do not go well in the same sentence. That's why there are rules. Is Australian cricket team unethical because of preparing bouncier pitches? In sports, you use everything that you can for your advantage. That's what winners or people who want to win do. Losers whine about ethics.

Back on topic, interesting article in ESPN F1. Shame they did not include 2007.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/33794.html

Last edited by go-pg : 22nd November 2012 at 00:27. Reason: Link
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:37   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Domencali is the most transparent team boss Ferrari have had. He was honest and I agree with his reasons.

Cheap? On the contrary, he did it knowing what others would say and the media backlash (Which was far far less than expected mind you). You think other team bosses will openly admit it was the right thing to do?

Let me give you a cricketing example, I hope you follow the game.
When an umpire "offers the light" to the batsman at the end of day's play when the batting team are not in a commanding postion and they take it. What is that? Cheap and not in the spirit of the rules?

Alonso's attitude is a matter your opinion and you'r entitled to it.
But who's attitude do you like then?
Shumi..for almost putting Barrichelo into the wall? For crashing into Villenueve in 97?
Senna.. for deliberately driving into Prost?
Kimi.. "for giving the media sh**"?
Vettel's.. for being a cry baby and making big issues out of anything when he doesnt win?
Hamilton's... for posting telemetry data on a setup call he took himself? (see what he's like when a team mates beats him)
Webbers..For wanting the team to favour him in 2010 when he was leading Vettel and this year he refuses to help his team mate?
Button? For signing with Williams and then going back on his word to cancel it?

All Champion drivers are bad losers. Its part and parcel of what makes them how good they are.
Alonso can never stand in the same pedestal as Schumi, he's way too far behind and cannot even achieve 25% of Schumi's success, lets stop comparing his attitude to the Legend.

About the new boys, they are young bloods.

Alonso never was a team man, facts cant change overnite.

Getting back to the topic, it looks like the weather gods are showing mercy on the last race of the season for a fitting Finale, It might be a simple and exciting dry race for Vettel's WDC

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 22nd November 2012 at 00:49.
Old 22nd November 2012, 00:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM
...it looks like the weather gods are showing mercy on the last race of the season for a fitting Finale, It might be a simple and exciting dry race
Nooo! :(
Is the weather report confirmed? It won't be an exciting race if its dry. RBR on pole or nearabouts, Ferrari in their usual 5-6ths, no major position changes upto the end. The only miracle factor then will be the Red Bull's alternator!
Old 22nd November 2012, 03:32   #37

A win for Lewis will be the most fantastic way to finish the season with. Poor guy, he should have been in contention for the WDC but was unfortunately plagued by too many reliability issues in the last couple of races. Also it will be intriguing to see what feedback do the drivers give for the 2013 Pirelli tyres in the practice sessions.

A dry qualy followed by a wet race is what can push things to the limit as this will force the teams to rethink on their strategies and the car set-ups. The stage is set at Interlogas for the best season finale since 2008.
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

According to weather.com data pulled just now, Saturday will be hot and probably humid (33 degrees, cloudy). Sunday will be cool and rainy (20 degrees, 60% chance of showers).

Track temperature will be very different for qualifying and race, making the tyre strategy interesting. Wonder what Pirelli and the teams are thinking?
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:17   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quotes from ESPNF1.com:
The two highlighted ones are excellent. The one from Kimi is no surprise, but the second one on overtaking is hilarious
Attached Thumbnails
2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-quotes.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2012, 12:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quotes from ESPNF1.com:
The two highlighted ones are excellent. The one from Kimi is no surprise, but the second one on overtaking is hilarious
Kimi's quote is spot on! He is the only driver in 2012 season without a retirement so far.

Also, Schumi tops the chart for maximum retirements

Last edited by zenren : 22nd November 2012 at 12:57.
Old 22nd November 2012, 21:03   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post
Nooo! :(
Is the weather report confirmed? It won't be an exciting race if its dry. RBR on pole or nearabouts, Ferrari in their usual 5-6ths, no major position changes upto the end. The only miracle factor then will be the Red Bull's alternator!
Looks like it will be a wet race

Whatever it is, we prefer the last race to be action filled and a great one for the retiring Schumi.

And Vettel is more deserving candidate for the WDC, so all the best to RBR for their double Championship yet again.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

And Vettel is more deserving candidate for the WDC, so all the best to RBR for their double Championship yet again.
How so Pavan ? How do we measure it ? How good a driver Vettel is, we have a seen it in AUSTIN. The way Hamilton caught Vettel sleeping is proof enough.

So on a given day with equally matched cars, we can really get to know who is the better driver.

That said, RBR cars are faster than the competition. I personally think it doesn't make Vettel a more deserving driver.

Last edited by GTO : 24th November 2012 at 10:40. Reason: As requested
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 00:06   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM
And Vettel is more deserving candidate for the WDC, so all the best to RBR for their double Championship yet again..
That can be very subjective. But we know for a fact that Vettel is a bad loser. People here were saying that champions can't take losses, well, I believe that for a sportsman, whether win or lose, he should take it in stride.

As for who is more deserving, well, may the best man win.
Old 23rd November 2012, 09:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hoping for a great race. And Interlagos mostly deliver.

Quote:
Anything can happen in F1 and it usually does.
I am pinning my hopes on that quote for the weekend.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:17   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I am certainly not kidding, The Constructors championship is already won by RedBullRacing, i am just wishing them a double whammy with the WDC too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post
That can be very subjective. But we know for a fact that Vettel is a bad loser. People here were saying that champions can't take losses, well, I believe that for a sportsman, whether win or lose, he should take it in stride.

As for who is more deserving, well, may the best man win.
I have seen that losing side in Michael and he has handled loss better than anyone in the pack right now. But Alonso ace's Vettel in showing disgust after losing.

Thursday Press Conference video.

Sad to see the legend depart from the Comeback in such a manner. And we all know, its not him to blame but his Team that led him down with a car yet testing in its 3rd year into the season. Well, all good things must come to an end Wish Micheal a great life ahead and hopefully there wont be any touching his records in a long long time to come.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 23rd November 2012 at 10:22.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks