Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 19:58   #151
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Mark on his way out of F1 from 2014!
And is there a chance of Kimi to Redbull? I read it somewhere online, but not able to locate the link later.
Old 15th April 2013, 21:03   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
And is there a chance of Kimi to Redbull? I read it somewhere online, but not able to locate the link later.
Kimi to redbull?

If vettel pulls a malaysia on him, i would LOVE to hear the radio then, ala Kimi ishtyle!!!

Although, i dont think this switch will ever happen. You cant have two Unos.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 00:05   #153
Senior - BHPian

Lotus Renault would definitely want to keep Kimi and from Kimi's performane in '12, now and 2014 being an important year they need him more than anything. However, Dietrich has expressed interest in having Kimi driving one of his F1 cars and they might throw truck loads of money to Bernie & Kimi if they want a star lineup for 2014.

But I think RB would promote one of their drivers from their sister team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 00:19   #154
Senior - BHPian

A Kimi - Vettel combination will be like the Hamilton - Alonso pairing at McLaren. Not gonna happen.

But I would love to see Kimi at Redbull, kicking Vettel's back side. Lol.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 11:07   #155
Senior - BHPian

I dont see how the Seb & Kimi pairing will benefit Red Bull.

Does it increase their chances of a WDC? No, if they have the pace Seb alone will suffice.
Does it increase their chances at a Constructors? Maybe, 2 drivers battling it out is not always a good thing.

In addition, I would rather see Kimi at Lotus where he brings so much pace to the team and creates another element of uncertainty in the championship.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:53   #156
Senior - BHPian

It will be an interesting move if Kimi goes to Redbull. Redbull are clearly on the lookout for Webber's replacement. There isn't anybody else in the market to match Kimi's level. Normally two strong drivers in a top team doesn't work but probably they are banking on Seb and Kimi's good rapport.

Also it's a case of Kimi wanting some strong car under him. Though Lotus has a good car at the moment there is no guarantee that they can keep the momentum going and next season is just uncertain. Lotus lack the financial backing compared to other top teams so this could be a reason for this move.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:57   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
It will be an interesting move if Kimi goes to Redbull. Redbull are clearly on the lookout for Webber's replacement. There isn't anybody else in the market to match Kimi's level. Normally two strong drivers in a top team doesn't work but probably they are banking on Seb and Kimi's good rapport.

Also it's a case of Kimi wanting some strong car under him. Though Lotus has a good car at the moment there is no guarantee that they can keep the momentum going and next season is just uncertain. Lotus lack the financial backing compared to other top teams so this could be a reason for this move.
Hulkenberg seems to be a more likely candidate.
And Lotus are giving kimi what he wants by developing the car around him. Plus he "knows what he's doing" and there aware of that.
Old 16th April 2013, 16:05   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

Hulkenberg seems to be a more likely candidate.
And Lotus are giving kimi what he wants by developing the car around him. Plus he "knows what he's doing" and there aware of that.
I would think Hulkenberg is more likely to end up in a Ferrari or even McLaren.
Kimi knows what he is doing so may be he knows something that we don't, and hence considering the move?

Personally I like the way Kimi-Lotus combination has evolved, particularly with the way Lotus is marketing Kimi's unique personality. I actually hope they sort out their financial concerns and sign couple of sponsors soon.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 16th April 2013 at 16:06.
Old 16th April 2013, 16:17   #159
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari is preparing the 2nd seat for Jules Bianchi, it was SF Team that is funding his drive at Marussia. Ferrari definitely has plans for Vettel, may be in 2014 as lot of rumors say or it will be 2016 when Alonso decides to leave.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105141

If Mclaren/MW wants to do something wise for a change, they should bring in the Hulk in 2014. I am still wondering why Mclaren chose Perez over Hulk/DiR this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I would think Hulkenberg is more likely to end up in a Ferrari or even McLaren.
Old 26th April 2013, 08:41   #160
Senior - BHPian

Pirelli will tweak the hard tyres for the rest of the season. The new hard tyre will be similar to the 2012 hard tyre. I guess, its bad news for Lotus and good news for RBR then.

Tyres for the next 3 races

Catalunya Medium Hard
Monte-Carlo Super Soft Soft
Montreal Super Soft Medium

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/04/2...-tyre-durable/
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 10:59   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari is preparing the 2nd seat for Jules Bianchi, it was SF Team that is funding his drive at Marussia. Ferrari definitely has plans for Vettel, may be in 2014 as lot of rumors say or it will be 2016 when Alonso decides to leave.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105141

If Mclaren/MW wants to do something wise for a change, they should bring in the Hulk in 2014. I am still wondering why Mclaren chose Perez over Hulk/DiR this year.
I feel Vettel will replace Alonso only when the latter decides to retire. If Massa continues to do well, it will delay Bianchi's entry into the team.
Many criticized Ferrari for 'letting Sergio go'. Now we know why top teams must wait and not take a risk on a rookie.
He was quick in spurts last season, more so than DiResta. The move was clearly financially driven with respect to chosing him over Nico.

Sergio does have natural speed but needs more consistency. Ideally McLaren should have drafted him from 2014.
Old 26th April 2013, 14:14   #162
Senior - BHPian

Bianchi is already showing positive signs in the Marussia, Max Chilton is working hard to keep up. Massa's performance has been nowhere close to what Ferrari would have expected this year, he does good in Q but fades away rapidly on sunday.

I think Ferrari kept Massa this year to warm that seat for Bianchi as the later gets his experience with an F1 car and its routines and be better prepared for the more important 2014 season.

I wont be surprised to see Alonso-Bianchi pair drive for the Scuderia in 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
I feel Vettel will replace Alonso only when the latter decides to retire. If Massa continues to do well, it will delay Bianchi's entry into the team.
Many criticized Ferrari for 'letting Sergio go'. Now we know why top teams must wait and not take a risk on a rookie.
He was quick in spurts last season, more so than DiResta. The move was clearly financially driven with respect to chosing him over Nico.

Sergio does have natural speed but needs more consistency. Ideally McLaren should have drafted him from 2014.
Old 9th May 2013, 08:59   #163
Senior - BHPian

Found this video of the 80's V6 TC'ed 1.5L F1 car being warmed up. I dont like the way it screams

Old 9th May 2013, 10:49   #164
Senior - BHPian

James Allison leaves Lotus!
http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsp...ry/107249.html

That is a surprise. I wonder where to.
Old 9th May 2013, 12:07   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
A Kimi - Vettel combination will be like the Hamilton - Alonso pairing at McLaren. Not gonna happen.
Although unlikely I wouldn't rule out such a pairing, Kimi and Vettel are very good friends off the track and are both highly experienced racers. I don't think it would be the same as Alonso and HAM where it was 2 time world champion being shown how its done by a rookie and the ego clashes that came with it.
I have a different point of view on this. Assuming there will be no friction, If RBR manage to get both VET and RAI they would have a very powerful pairing in F1. They already have a strong pairing where Vettel is the one they count on for wins and Webber for collecting points. RBR had the second strongest pairing after McLaren who had HAM and BUT. They in my current opinion have the strongest drivers in F1 today but they will have by and large the best package should they manage to replace WEB with RAI for 2014 and onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
But I would love to see Kimi at Redbull, kicking Vettel's back side. Lol.
As would I ^_^.
*Evil Grin*

Quote:
Found this video of the 80's V6 TC'ed 1.5L F1 car being warmed up. I dont like the way it screams

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=nEjkjQam6_A
I don't think it makes much sense to assume that 2014 cars will sound the same just because they are Turbo V6s as well.
Plus If I remember correctly I think I read somewhere that they might use funny exhausts to make it sound better as the natural sound would be muffled because of the turbo wheel in there.

Last edited by Maky : 9th May 2013 at 12:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks