Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 19:15   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

^^ Absolutely, cant ask for more for a silly season in F1. So far it has been just the perfect silly season in a long time!

There are fresh rumors about Alonso leaving Ferrari and there is a video doing rounds about Stephano sheepishly agreeing that he is.

This kind of justifies the news about Kimi to Ferrari while there is also a rumor about Vettel going to Ferrari in 2015. That should be the lineup at Ferrari in 2015!
Old 28th August 2013, 16:03   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ Absolutely, cant ask for more for a silly season in F1. So far it has been just the perfect silly season in a long time!

There are fresh rumors about Alonso leaving Ferrari and there is a video doing rounds about Stephano sheepishly agreeing that he is.

This kind of justifies the news about Kimi to Ferrari while there is also a rumor about Vettel going to Ferrari in 2015. That should be the lineup at Ferrari in 2015!
Niki Lauda says they are trying to keep Brawn for 2014. Too many taps open the same time , don't you think.
Are Ferrari resurrecting the grand team again ? Kimi + Alonso + Brawn. Stephano... he can be dumped, seems to be too nice to be head Ferrari.

Where does Massa go now, hold his Kart event thru the year ?
Old 29th August 2013, 12:57   #378
Senior - BHPian

Thats Lauda seeking some attention, Paddy Lowe is sitting alongside Brawn in the Mercedes pitwall and Brawn gave an interview sometime back about Paddy Lowe replacing him, Brawn also mentioned about taking a new role within Mercedes which I think is not true.

Kimi + Alonso + Brawn will be a dream time, but Ferrari really need a driver for their future. Someone like Bianchi! Kimi/Alonso have 3 to 4 years left in F1!

BTW, this was in Ferrari's FB page! That background, the stripes on the car everything screams Finnish

Name:  945972_10151843406886970_666084549_n.png
Views: 392
Size:  259.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Niki Lauda says they are trying to keep Brawn for 2014. Too many taps open the same time , don't you think.
Are Ferrari resurrecting the grand team again ? Kimi + Alonso + Brawn. Stephano... he can be dumped, seems to be too nice to be head Ferrari.
As long as he gets out of Ferrari F1 car, he can do anything. He is delivering nothing at the moment!

Quote:
Where does Massa go now, hold his Kart event thru the year ?

Last edited by anachronix : 29th August 2013 at 12:58.
Old 30th August 2013, 11:41   #379
BHPian

Silly season rumors are still game on, Latest from Ferrari camp.

Stefano Domenicali would like Ferrari to retain Felipe Massa for next season but admits the Brazilian needs to deliver better results.

Domenicali says, My favourite choice would be, of course, to keep Felipe because Felipe is a very good guy - very dedicated to the team - and when you look around there are not so many drivers out there that you swap and they immediately deliver.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/88...o-Retain-Massa

-Sajan
Old 30th August 2013, 13:13   #380
Senior - BHPian

When I opened the link, I wanted to be sure that I am not reading last year's news as Stupid Stephano did express similar trash last year about Massa's contract! I am surprised, Stephano wants to speak the same trash again!

More strong rumors are coming in about Ferrari announcing Kimi for 2014 in Monza, I am hoping & praying that this is true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Stefano Domenicali would like Ferrari to retain Felipe Massa for next season but admits the Brazilian needs to deliver better results.

Last edited by anachronix : 30th August 2013 at 13:14.
Old 30th August 2013, 14:37   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
When I opened the link, I wanted to be sure that I am not reading last year's news as Stupid Stephano did express similar trash last year about Massa's contract! I am surprised, Stephano wants to speak the same trash again!

More strong rumors are coming in about Ferrari announcing Kimi for 2014 in Monza, I am hoping & praying that this is true!
You never know, Ferrari are sure keeping everyone guessing what they have planned. Kimi for Ferrari and where will massa go next season, nascar??

-Sajan
Old 31st August 2013, 00:57   #382
BHPian

Ferrari still in news. Now, Lauda is backing or putting pressure on Ferrari to sign kimi.

Niki Lauda believes Ferrari should sign Kimi Raikkonen as he is a driver who could "annoy" Fernando Alonso."Kimi is someone the mechanics and engineers would immediately look up to. He could give the team a boost as Lewis Hamilton has done at Mercedes. "And he would be in a position to annoy Alonso.

"If I were Montezemolo, I would pick Kimi." Enough said by lauda and pressure on Ferrari now.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/88...Sign-Raikkonen

-Sajan
Old 31st August 2013, 12:22   #383
BHPian

But does Kimi want to go back to Ferrari?

My personal opinion is that he should replace Webber. I think Vettel and Kimi will make a great team.
Old 31st August 2013, 16:40   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post

My personal opinion is that he should replace Webber. I think Vettel and Kimi will make a great team.
Good question and I guess only kimi knows the reason for this. Red bull is a closed door for kimi unless there is a last min update from the bulls that kimi will be taming the bull next season. As of now, according to kimi's manager, 'Raikkonen had made a return to Red Bull his first priority but when talks with the world champions broke down, he turned his attention to Ferrari'.

More in the link below,

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3375/...Ferrari-return

-Sajan
Old 31st August 2013, 16:49   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ferrari still in news. Now, Lauda is backing or putting pressure on Ferrari to sign kimi.

Niki Lauda believes Ferrari should sign Kimi Raikkonen as he is a driver who could "annoy" Fernando Alonso."Kimi is someone the mechanics and engineers would immediately look up to. He could give the team a boost as Lewis Hamilton has done at Mercedes. "And he would be in a position to annoy Alonso.

"If I were Montezemolo, I would pick Kimi." Enough said by lauda and pressure on Ferrari now.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/88...Sign-Raikkonen

-Sajan
This is exactly the opposite of what a team which has a clear No#1 & 2 driver policy : P want.

No one in it's entire history has ever pressured Ferrari as far as I know except on track performance.
Also, Ferrari is big on pride & the resultant saving face scenarios. They feel they have the need to do which I personally don't, The recent 'disciplining' by Monty being an example. For kimi to come back they would in their minds have to admit making a mistake when they fired him last time around. Can they? Not too sure but it's possible!

As for Niki I don't think he believes what he says, I think Lauda is just being Lauda with these statements. As part of an opposing team you always want to do or say things to Un-stabilise the other team in F1.

As much as I would like to see Alonso with some real competition as a team mate I think Ferrari being Ferrari would like to maintain team harmony and pick a driver who will bow to ALO and bring the car home consistently in the points and close to their No#1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post

As is mine! : ).
Although I think that DIR or HUL is a more realistic possibility. Sad...
Old 31st August 2013, 16:56   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Good question and I guess only kimi knows the reason for this. Red bull is a closed door for kimi unless there is a last min update from the bulls that kimi will be taming the bull next season. As of now, according to kimi's manager, 'Raikkonen had made a return to Red Bull his first priority but when talks with the world champions broke down, he turned his attention to Ferrari'.

More in the link below,

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3375/...Ferrari-return

-Sajan

Interesting article. Never knew that Alonso was a contender for Webbers spot in RBR.

My gut feeling is Kimi wouldn't want to go back to a team which he already was in + won the world championship with. Also, his 2nd and 3rd year with Ferrari the last time around felt like a drag. In his last season with Ferrari he wasn't even showing interest in the championship race.

But these are just wild guesses. I guess in all honesty, they go where they get paid more.

EDIT- With Vettel winning 3 years in a row, and with a spot open in his team. I would imagine he would want to goto RBR.

Last edited by discobiscuit : 31st August 2013 at 16:58.
Old 31st August 2013, 16:57   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

As is mine! : ).
Although I think that DIR or HUL is a more realistic possibility. Sad...
Real question is how keen is vettel to have kimi as his partner knowing vettel the cry baby that he is, kimi will put him down from race one and will become red bull's number one driver, How much does vettel have a say in red bull's driver line up??

-Sajan
Old 31st August 2013, 18:21   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Real question is how keen is vettel to have kimi as his partner knowing vettel the cry baby that he is, kimi will put him down from race one and will become red bull's number one driver, How much does vettel have a say in red bull's driver line up??

-Sajan
They are good friends as I understand it so he shouldn't be turned off by the notion. As much as I dislike Vettel to take away from his race craft is being very uncharitable. I think Kimi if chosen as his team mate will find Vettel challenging & vice versa.

He has won them multiple world championships. His contribution to the team and what they have achieved, especially when compared to what If they had another driver like webber, Is immeasurable. As much as he would like people to think he has no say over who his partner will be, I find it hard to believe.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:22   #389
BHPian

Vettel is a greedy driver, besides that I have nothing against him. This being the pinnacle of motor racing, I consider you can be however you want to be as long as you have Poles, Wins and Championships to back it up with. Vettel in this aspect has been better than any driver.

Now comes an important question, how much of his success is because of his
1. driving skills,
2. car,
3. team

Webber being his teammate could not measure to the success of Vettel, although he has the same car, and team. So it is safe to say Vettel does have better driving skills than Webber. Now, do you feel if Webber was replaced by say, Hamilton, Alonso, or Kimi - what would the outcome be?

Anything we say will just be an assumption, 'but' I feel Vettel will still have the edge, however, it wont be as easy as it was to please his bosses while driving along side Webber, and the 3 drivers mentioned above have their own fighting styles of driving.

At the end of the day RBR wants two drivers to fight it out for 1st place in drivers championship, that way they will win the Constructors championship.

Also, I think Vettel and his Manager will have very little say in who should be joining the team next year.

Last edited by discobiscuit : 1st September 2013 at 11:23.
Old 1st September 2013, 23:02   #390

Guys I'm going to this year's Indian GP as it might be my only GP experience! I would liked to tie up with any bhpian going from Bangalore. Also would be glad to receive help from Delhi bhpians...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks