Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2013, 21:43   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I usually watch F1 on internet stream or download if I've missed it live.
Just subscribed to Tata Sky HD, as I bought a big screen TV, a few days ago. I'm surprised to see that they are broadcasting FP1 live on Star Sports HD2 right now.
Do they usually broadcast all FP sessions or is the US GP an exception? For some reason i always thought it was only Qualy and the races that were broadcast on Indian television.
I think start sports have been broadcasting FP for a long time. Not sure though as i never care to watch those. I even miss Qualifying at times and just watch the race. Watching it on HD is awesome though .
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 21:55   #542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I think start sports have been broadcasting FP for a long time. Not sure though as i never care to watch those. I even miss Qualifying at times and just watch the race. Watching it on HD is awesome though .
Indeed it is!
The FP1 session seems to have been delayed earlier for weather reasons and now red flagged and delayed. I wonder if they will broadcast the entire session or switch to the next programme when the scheduled time slot comes to an end.

EDIT: Its now past the 8:30-10:00 timeslot and they're still broadcasting. I'm so happy with my new HD connection hehe : ))). Bought it solely for F1 : P.

Last edited by Maky : 15th November 2013 at 22:18.
Old 15th November 2013, 22:25   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I usually watch F1 on internet stream or download if I've missed it live.
Just subscribed to Tata Sky HD, as I bought a big screen TV, a few days ago. I'm surprised to see that they are broadcasting FP1 live on Star Sports HD2 right now.
Do they usually broadcast all FP sessions or is the US GP an exception? For some reason i always thought it was only Qualy and the races that were broadcast on Indian television.
They are showing it in SS4 (old ESPN) as well. FP1-3 telecast seems to be dependent on what else they have.

Since US and Brazil slots happen at night, they don't have any domestic cricket overlapping. So I assume they'll show it for the last 2 races. If FP sessions were during the India day time, they might have shown some Ranji Trophy match instead! In 2013, they have shown some of the FP sessions when they didn't have anything else as conflict.

Last edited by zenren : 15th November 2013 at 22:27.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2013, 23:04   #544
BHPian

+1 from my side, there were many instances this year where practise and qualification will be telecasted in HD whilst the race day will be a disappointing one with SD in earlier Star Sports 2 or Star sports SD. And if you think what would have been telecasted with more priority on HD on a race day? Most usually a re-telecast of few year old cricket; somehow I couldn't digest and understand the logic behind this.
Old 16th November 2013, 05:20   #545
Senior - BHPian

Valsecchi frustrated with Lotus decision.

Quote:
It’s a huge blow to me,” he said. “From the sporting point of view it’s a tragedy. It makes me angry to have lost the battle with Kovalainen who is not a great champion, not even an active driver; his last results were five years ago. If they had taken Hulkenberg I could have understood, even Maldonado, but this…
source: http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...cchi-at-lotus/

Kovalainen seems to be putting up a good show for the practice sessions.

Last edited by zenren : 16th November 2013 at 05:39.
Old 16th November 2013, 07:48   #546
Senior - BHPian

Red Bull one two in FP2. Nothing new there.

The rotating cam was nice. We could be in for a boring race if everyone is on a single stopper. The tyre choices are very conservative.
Old 16th November 2013, 11:03   #547
BANNED

Something tells me this race will be dead boring, possibly the worst of the year. If there's anything keeping it alive it's the America associated hype.

The weekend will be:

Vettel Pole -> race day -> vettel turns corner 1 & disappears into the horizon -> game over for everybody else.

Yawwwnnnn.
Old 16th November 2013, 16:32   #548
Senior - BHPian

Pavan, where is the thread for US GP?

The track looks fantastic on HDTV and yes the rotating cam really makes you feel the speed of the cars through corners
Old 16th November 2013, 17:45   #549
BHPian

@anachronix even I was searching for the new thread by pavan.
Circuit of Americas had received positive feed back form almost all the drivers and Webber was one of the exceptions I recollect. Especially the first sector have received the most praise.
But again looking at the free practice performance it is going to be a day for RBR and Merc. If lucky we can get to see some good racing between Merc and Ferrari to secure 2nd place in constructor championship.
Old 17th November 2013, 09:20   #550
Senior - BHPian

Yet another Redbull 1-2 followed by Grosjean, Hulkenberg, Hamilton, Alonso, Perez, Heikki, Bottas and Gutierrez.

Looks like a Redbull show again for the race. Grosjean might be able to put some challenge and a strong performance but I don't think Lotus will be able to close the gap in constructors since Alonso and Lewis should be right behind him by the end of a few laps. Expect Massa and Rosberg to gain some places and get near Heikki too. Unless there are some retirements, its unlikely that the current WCC order might change after this race.

Missed Q3 as I fell asleep after Q2 while waiting for Q3 to begin! Might watch the first few laps and then decide whether its worth watching the full race.
Old 18th November 2013, 02:56   #551
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
The weekend will be:

Vettel Pole -> race day -> vettel turns corner 1 & disappears into the horizon -> game over for everybody else.

Yawwwnnnn.

This post indicates the current problem of F1, now that it's actually true.
Old 18th November 2013, 09:21   #552
BHPian

Vettel wins eighth consecutive race to become the first man to win eight races in a row in a season. With one more even left he can equal Ascari's mark of nine consecutive F1 world championship victories, which the Italian set with Ferrari over the 1952 and '53 seasons. Again a few doughnuts in the end as it is becoming customary. Grosjean secured second, Webber third, Hamilton fourth, and Alonso holds onto fifth. The final lap was interesting a tremendous stuff from Alonso and Hulkenberg, the German move through into turn one, but then Alonso immediately retakes him then Alonso holds on in the DRS zone was worth a watch.
Again the repetitive feat and dominance by RBR (read Vettel) had made the second half of the season little bit ridiculous that he can dominant everyone including his teammate. Nevertheless fingerboy himself had admitted during his slowing-down lap and mentioned to his team that they should enjoy the success because one day it would come to an end.
Old 18th November 2013, 10:24   #553
Senior - BHPian

I didn't bother to watch the race. Get this! Vettel leads the team placed second in the constructors championship by a whopping 24 points going into the last race.

If Mercedes doesn't score more points than Vettel in Brazil, he can win the constructors too on his own.

Vettel: 372
Merc: 348
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 11:05   #554
Senior - BHPian

Whoops! Thats an embarassingly painful fact for rest of the fans. Vettel must be the racing God, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I didn't bother to watch the race. Get this! Vettel leads the team placed second in the constructors championship by a whopping 24 points going into the last race.

If Mercedes doesn't score more points than Vettel in Brazil, he can win the constructors too on his own.

Old 18th November 2013, 11:39   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

Didn't notice that. Nice observation!

Unless Mercedes gets a race win in Brazil, Vettel can seal this position with a 5th place finish even if Mercedes pair finishes 2-3!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks