Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 08:30   #46
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Moto GP Season

Except for Marquez and Jorge's 2nd place battle, I found the race rather boring. Am happy for Dani. On his day, he can be the best. Hope he remains consistent throughout the season.

Am not sure why Marquez was apologizing not once but many times. These incidents are pretty common. Some folks take it in the spirit of the game/race and some whine. Pretty good recovery by Jorge though. He could very well have gone off track. It was as if he was expecting it.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

If Jorge had not come into Marquez, he would have gone wide, and Jorge could then have apexed inside him and finished ahead.

Was funny to see someone who was a Moto GP upstart not long ago now being the finger wagging senior to another upstart.

The circle of life.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:03   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
If Jorge had not come into Marquez, he would have gone wide, and Jorge could then have apexed inside him and finished ahead.

Was funny to see someone who was a Moto GP upstart not long ago now being the finger wagging senior to another upstart.

The circle of life.
Yeah. I think this is the only way in which this move was different from the Rossi Gibernau one - here Marquez actually would have lost because of the line he had taken. I don't think Lorenzo thinks that he could have been smarter. Anyways the gate was definitely there.
Old 6th May 2013, 21:06   #49
BHPian

While the last corner move of Marquez was impressive, his consistency over the race distance was amazing. He hounded Lorenzo for most part of the race and never gave up. A couple of times he almost ran into the back of Jorge but managed to recover and pull back the lost time very quickly. With the track conditions so slippery, it was very easy to do a mistake but he never went over the limit. It should be very worrying for his competitors now. Not only is this guy very quick and ruthless but also has racecraft in abundance.

I'm not sure what exactly is the problem of Rossi. He's so off the pace and looked a shadow of his previous self. I hope he wins at least one race this year. If not, he would be doing injustice in holding the Yamaha seat when there are some very worthy aspirants ( Crutchlow, Pol & Alex Espargaro etc ) out there.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nice race. Loved the last overtake by Marquez. I have a feeling that he might end up Champion this season. And lousy attitude by Lorenzo me feels. Racing incident, pure and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
Here is a Honda onboard video from the last Austin test. Courtesy Repsol. The really like the sound track of these motogp machines..
Thanks for that! OT - You'll notice how Pedrosa looks behind once he comes out of pit-lane - on a racetrack!. Even guys on bikes here don't look behind!
Old 29th June 2013, 18:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Superb race. Still unclear who will win! Rossi in the lead for first time, Yippiee
My respect for Lorenzo has grown manifolds!
Old 29th June 2013, 19:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Win no. 47 on yamaha for bike #46 . Superb race, full race the focus was on top 5 riders. Super news for Rossi fans Win no. 106 !
Old 30th June 2013, 00:15   #53
BHPian

I watched the last 4 races in full, hoping for something, and then one race I don't watch, and he wins it. Yeh kya na-insaafi he!
Old 30th June 2013, 00:44   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
I watched the last 4 races in full, hoping for something, and then one race I don't watch, and he wins it. Yeh kya na-insaafi he!
You're telling me.
I recorded it, and watched it after coming to know he won.
Just not the same.

But, wahay!!! He's back.
Old 24th July 2013, 09:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Casey Stoner to return to MotoGP action in series of Honda tests!

Honda however categorically ruled out Stoner making a race return.

A wildcard appearance at the end of the season, either at Motegi or at his home Phillip Island event - where Stoner is undefeated for the past six years - had been the subject of speculation, but Honda insisted it is "now out of the question".
Old 7th August 2013, 23:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

Any Bhpians planning to go to the Indianapolis Moto GP on the 17th?

Quote:
Honda however categorically ruled out Stoner making a race return.

A wildcard appearance at the end of the season, either at Motegi or at his home Phillip Island event - where Stoner is undefeated for the past six years - had been the subject of speculation, but Honda insisted it is "now out of the question".
There are plenty of privater Honda teams that will be happy to sign him. Then there is Ducati
Old 1st September 2013, 23:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

The last couple of laps were just too good. Good race over all with lots of overtaking. Full marks to Marquez. Pedrosa charged in the initial stage, it looked as if he had a chance, but the duo held him at bay. It would have been interesting if Marquez had the perfect start.
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:39   #58
Team-BHP Support

This season is turning into a classic. Marc Marquez is the new Valentino Rossi.

It was certainly very nice to see MM applauding Lorenzo on the finish line with claps & thumbs up
Old 2nd September 2013, 11:16   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Ive just been missing out on races. When did Motogp start happening before moto2 and 3?
Or have I missed something?
I recorded the whole even yesterday, and the recording ended with moto3. meantime, I had already deleted the first hour of the transmission.
Old 3rd October 2013, 22:33   #60
Senior - BHPian

2014 Calender released ! 19 races in all, Argentina and Brazil joins in whereas Laguna Seca gets a miss.
Personally Laguna Seca would have been far more interesting than boring Austin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks