Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 10:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2013 Chinese Grand Prix

Well, this is a change. Usually its Pavan Kadam's job to start things rolling, and I have been refreshing the new topics page for the thread. S
So the 2nd post is reserved for his usual intro. He can put in the background and the technicalities.

All I want to say is last year was a Mercedes podium, and hope for the same this time around.

Let things roll.
mayankk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 13:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Chinese Grand Prix

I see a strong FI and Mercedes.
Red Bull should be there or thereabouts, I'm unsure if they will dominate. Lotus the Malaysian GP wasn't indicative of their proper pace and I think they should be on top with Ferrari & RBR.
Basically RBR, Mercedes, and Ferrari should dominate first and second rows of the grid. FI should be on their tail, unless McLaren make further improvements. Rest the usual suspects.
Old 9th April 2013, 18:27   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm sure McLaren is going to make some changes. They've got the interim 3 weeks, and these guys ain't slouches.
I'm more interested in seeing the (nuclear) chemistry at red bull.
Old 9th April 2013, 19:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why change the tradition in the F1 weekend thread in TBHP, Mayankk!?

JA mentions about Mclaren's problem in one of his article, it sounds like issues with mounting points of the suspension. If that is the case, 3 weeks is not going to help Mclaren in anyway. They have to build a new chassis which takes close to 6 weeks minimum, which would be when we go to Canada I am afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I'm sure McLaren is going to make some changes. They've got the interim 3 weeks, and these guys ain't slouches.
I'm more interested in seeing the (nuclear) chemistry at red bull.
Old 9th April 2013, 21:01   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Why change the tradition in the F1 weekend thread in TBHP, Mayankk!?

JA mentions about Mclaren's problem in one of his article, it sounds like issues with mounting points of the suspension. If that is the case, 3 weeks is not going to help Mclaren in anyway. They have to build a new chassis which takes close to 6 weeks minimum, which would be when we go to Canada I am afraid!
I wonder where he's gotten to?

Anyway, that suspension is becoming the bane this season. Too much change to fast. But it's been that way now for quite some time. The debuting car underperforms, then becomes competitive mid season, and by that time it's to late.
Old 10th April 2013, 11:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

TV Schedule for us. Both SS and ESPN HD.

Friday
FPI: 7:20 AM
FP2: 11:20 AM

Sat
FP3: 8:20 AM
Q: 11: 20 AM

Sun
Race: 11:30 AM (Raceday)

Pirelli tyre choice for Shanghai: Soft and Medium.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 12:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I wonder where he's gotten to?

Anyway, that suspension is becoming the bane this season. Too much change to fast. But it's been that way now for quite some time. The debuting car underperforms, then becomes competitive mid season, and by that time it's to late.
Well thats the risk they took though especially this year Mayank.
On the other hand I'd imagine the tone would be very different had the car worked, people would be singing Maccas praises and equally the cynics would be saying how easy it is for McLaren given their vast resources : P.
I think the pressure is really on for Whitmarsh though. He hasn't achieved much during his tenure and lost who is quite possibly the fastest driver in F1 today resulting in the breaking up of what was the strongest driver lineup in all of F1 in Button and Hamilton.
Old 10th April 2013, 17:26   #8
BHPian

I have noticed a change in the coverage of F1 these last couple of races. Are Star now getting their live feed from Sky Sports?
Honestly I am not complaining. Star Sports commentary was scratchy and the coverage was ok-ish at best.
Kinda miss Steve Slater's nonsense though.
Old 11th April 2013, 00:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

All cheers for vettel this time too, Hopefully redbull will be on the podium. What's more interesting this time is that, how's the chemistry between vettel and webber.

I actually enjoyed the last race and wish i get some real action this time around too.

Cheers,
Sameer
Old 11th April 2013, 07:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

This year' race will feature two DRS zones with separate detection points.

The 2013 Chinese Grand Prix-shanghaidrs2013752x886.jpg
Image courtesy: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedub89 View Post
I have noticed a change in the coverage of F1 these last couple of races. Are Star now getting their live feed from Sky Sports?
Yep. They are getting the feed from Sky, but with commercial breaks and no grid walk. Happened this year after Fox Sports bought over ESPNStar.

Last edited by deetjohn : 11th April 2013 at 07:21. Reason: Adding text.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:59   #11
Team-BHP Support

Some interesting comments from Vettel, ahead of the Chinese GP
http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/105092.html
Old 12th April 2013, 12:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Some interesting comments from Vettel, ahead of the Chinese GP
http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsp...ry/105092.html
Interesting attitude! Can't wait to see another Vettel-Webber battle that takes both of them out of the race with Kimi/Lewis/Alonso winning the race. I guess such a situation would put more sense to Vettel's and RBR management's head in terms of who deserves to win and how strict should they deal with people who put themselves above the team.

RBR would have finished in Malaysia with 2 cars in the fence if Webber had the same attitude as Vettel towards team orders. Given the way the team is treating him and mentioning he doesn't stand a chance in WDC hunt, I think RBR and Vettel would have a lot more to lose in terms of WDC and WCC chances than Webber. Its a pity Webber didn't take the fight till the end.

Last edited by zenren : 12th April 2013 at 12:19.
Old 12th April 2013, 17:21   #13
BHPian

I'm going to take the unpopular route here and say that Webber got what he deserved at Sepang. He's been the worst teammate in the history of modern F1 as far as I'm concerned.

As far back as Abu Dhabi in 2010 he focused more on preventing Vettel from winning the WDC than preventing Alonso from winning it. In 2011 he blatantly disregarded team orders in Silverstone to hold station behind Vettel so that RB could bring both cars home but he didn't. He kept on attacking Vettel, the only difference was Vettel could keep him at bay.
He pulled the same stupid stunts last year when he kept attacking Vettel (I think it was Silverstone and Hocknheim, I'm not sure) despite being told to hold station?
So now, when Vettel returns the favor, he cries foul and milks it for all he's worth. His hypocrisy knows no bounds, clearly.

The cherry on the cake though, is what he did to Vettel in Abu Dhabi and Brazil last year. In Abu Dhabi, he deliberately held up Vettel for lap after lap despite being on a completely different strategy. This is despite the clear radio communication which we all heard - "Mark, Sebastian is on a different strategy. If he gets a run on you, don't fight him, let him though." Did he listen to team orders then and let Vettel through?
The hell he did. So why should Vettel do it for him?

And lets not even get started about Brazil. His squeeze on Vettel on turn one of the opening lap staggered belief and almost lost Vettel the championship.

I've actually met Webber in Singapore in 2008, and spent a few minutes chatting with him. He seemed like a plain-speaking, stand-up guy and I admired that. But now I think he's just an opportunist who's single overriding goal is the downfall of his own teammate.

Last edited by ghostrider : 12th April 2013 at 17:23.
Old 12th April 2013, 19:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Massa tops FP2. The Ferrari looks good.

I hope he can win a grandprix in style soon. Go Felipe Go! Kimi was 2nd and Alonso 3rd.

FP2 Report
Old 12th April 2013, 20:50   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Massa tops FP2. The Ferrari looks good.

I hope he can win a grandprix in style soon. Go Felipe Go! Kimi was 2nd and Alonso 3rd.

FP2 Report
I would want felipe to win just to see how fernando do would react.
Does anyone remember 2008 with him and Hamilton, oh how a rookie showed a 2 time world champion how its done. More seasons like that please!
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks