Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2013, 19:58   #61
BHPian

Re: 2013 - Grand Prix De Monaco

Absolutely epic race today!
Beautiful drive from Rosberg! Hamilton also seemed to have pace, but not able to pass Webber.
Alonso seemed to be really struggling today..
Raikkonen somehow managed to get a point even after a puncture 5 laps before the end!
Old 26th May 2013, 19:58   #62
BHPian

How did Kimi manage to get to 10th after that incident? Amazing. Good day for nico.. Vettel happily takes 2nd opening up the gap by 22 points. Sad to see Hamilton not able to get onto podium.
Old 26th May 2013, 20:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

Excellent race, probably the most interesting one in the season so far. A bit of bad luck for Lewis, but the drama behind the top four was awesome. Perez provided enough entertainment, and Sutil did really well to finish 5th.

A very special win for Nico indeed!
Old 26th May 2013, 20:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Better than most Monaco GPs I must say. I think the on track action was for the most part boring as usual but the incidents is what spiced it up:-

-Vettel should be very satisfied even though he didn't win. Thanks to the finishing order he has widened the gap for the WDC.
-Raikkonen making it into the points after the unplanned pit is amazing.
-Di Resta after going out in Q1 & making it into the points was impressive. Even if it was at the cost of others retirements.
-Fernando, Did the man who never gives up....give up?
-Sutil Brilliant drive! Now be more consistent!!
-Button and Perez. Good to see them squabble again. Perez has shown his inexperience still.

-RBR going strong.
-Lotus should be able to keep their position safe unless Mercedes all of a sudden have found a solution for their tyre munching cars after this 'secret test'.
-Force India brilliant. They've managed to keep their 5th place in the constructors although I don't know how long it will last.
-Sauber still has a long way to go should they wish to challenge FI in the WCC.
-Williams...lol
-Torro Rosso, Good improvement from last year so far.
Old 26th May 2013, 21:42   #65
BHPian

Perez seemed to have some sort of vendetta with the chicane! He just never seemed to be able to take that corner properly. It was heartbreaking to see Kimi's tyre puncture, but what a drive by him to finish in the points! I hope his challenge for the WDC gets stronger as the season progresses.

It was really nice to see someone except Vettel on the top step of the podium today. Rosberg's Mercedes well and truly kept Vettel at bay today. I hope this continues, am sick and tired of Vettel's dominance!

Also, kudos to SFI, a credible 5th place for Sutil, and a brilliant drive from him, especially considering Perez was going harakiri all around him for nearly the entire race.
Old 26th May 2013, 21:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see Rosberg win, though it was a bit boring to see everyone going 3-4 seconds off the race pace to make the single stop strategy work. With overtaking so difficult in Monaco, Mercedes could control the race pace throughout. Waiting to see what would happen in Canada where Mercedes cannot hold everyone behind if they are running slow.

P13 to P10 and then extending the lead to P11 by 6 seconds all in a single lap; that too in Monaco - unbelievable stuff from Kimi. Never thought Kimi would finish in points today after the rear tyre puncture so late in the race. That's probably one of the most interesting things from today's race but couldn't catch it on TV? Does anyone have the video of final lap from Kimi?

I think its time stewards give a strong message to Perez for causing racing incidents in almost every race. Multiple times with Button, then with Alonso and finally with Kimi in a single race is too much to be called aggressive driving. It is nothing but dangerous driving from him and he seems to be getting away with it because others are afraid of the effect on championship battle if they get taken out by Perez's dangerous moves.

Have to say Ferrari did a strategic move by letting Perez get ahead of Alonso. That led to Perez taking out Kimi and Alonso scoring more points than Kimi out of the race!

Last edited by zenren : 26th May 2013 at 22:02.
Old 26th May 2013, 22:00   #67
BHPian

Congrats to Nico, flawless.
Worse race than Barcelona, they were driving to delta with 3 seconds to what they can which was made evident by Vettel putting fastest lap.
What about these gp2 crash kids Grosjean, Perez, Maldonado.
Kudos to Raikonnan to get himself back in points.
Old 26th May 2013, 22:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I think its time stewards give a strong message to Perez for causing racing incidents in almost every race. Multiple times with Button, then with Alonso and finally with Kimi in a single race is too much to be called aggressive driving. It is nothing but dangerous driving from him and he seems to be getting away with it because others are afraid of the effect on championship battle if they get taken out by Perez's dangerous moves.
I second that, he drives like he's been sent on a kamikaze mission. The contrast between Button's and Perez's driving styles are incredible - just worlds apart.
Its surprising that a team like McLaren, who are usually so conservative, are letting Perez get away with it. Or maybe they have bigger things on their mind, considering how damn slow they've been this season.
Old 26th May 2013, 23:33   #69
Senior - BHPian

Well deserved win for Nico. Pole position in Monaco pays well!

Superb driving by both Force India drivers. Not many people can overtake like Sutil did in Monaco.

I just wish the team knew more about race strategy and qualifying strategy so as to get the most out of the cars' and the drivers' ability. Its not of much use to have a car come on song that late in the race.
Old 27th May 2013, 00:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

As expected, Grosjean gets grid penalty for the next race.

http://en.espnf1.com/monaco/motorspo...ry/109108.html

BTW guys, what you think about the move Perez pulled on Kimi ? What an amazing final few laps from Kimi, 16th to 10th in 10 laps, way to go Ice man .
Old 27th May 2013, 01:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Also want to know, your view on the tecpro barrier been pulled right across the track following the Maldonado's crash. I seriously think FIA has to find the root cause of the barrier failure.

Watch from 3:30 sec onwards,

Last edited by ecenandu : 27th May 2013 at 01:37. Reason: Adding the video
Old 27th May 2013, 05:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
BTW guys, what you think about the move Perez pulled on Kimi ?
I think Perez was at fault. Take a look at the pictures below.

In the move below, Perez has his car alongside Alonso, so Alonso should leave enough room for him.
2013 - Grand Prix De Monaco-screen-shot-20130527-5.38.14-am.png

Here, it is clear that Kimi is taking a defensive like towards Nouvelle chicane and Perez car is not alongside Kimi at any point of time except when he crashed.

2013 - Grand Prix De Monaco-screen-shot-20130527-5.38.56-am.png

2013 - Grand Prix De Monaco-screen-shot-20130527-5.39.08-am.png

Perez pulled a similar move on Button there , unable to find that video online.

This is what Perez said about the incident

Quote:
"I'd had a great race - I'd been overtaking cars through the afternoon - but in my opinion Kimi didn't leave me enough room when I tried to pass him as we exited the tunnel, and as a result I got squeezed into the wall on the entry to the Harbour Chicane.

"That was a real shame - I'd overtaken both Jenson and Fernando there, and Jenson had overtaken me there too, but I couldn't have avoided the crash with Kimi. Of course, any passing manoeuvre at Monaco is risky, but, at the end of the day, you have to leave each other a little room.
And Kimi's reaction.
Quote:
"It was a really disappointing day. Because of one stupid move from Sergio [Perez] we've lost a lot of points to Sebastian [Vettel] in the Championship and you can't afford to lose ground like that. He hit me from behind and that's about all there is to it. If he thinks it's my fault that he came into the corner too fast then he obviously has no idea what he's talking about. It's not the first time he's hit someone in the race; he seems to expect people to be always looking at what he might do, then move over or go straight on if he comes into the corner too quick and isn't going to make it without running into someone. Not the ideal weekend but there's nothing we can do about it. At least we got one point back at the end."

Last edited by ecenandu : 27th May 2013 at 06:01.
Old 27th May 2013, 07:29   #73
Senior - BHPian

Here is the video of Kimi's overtakes in the last 2 laps, from 13th to 10th.

Source: youtube.com
Old 27th May 2013, 07:56   #74
Senior - BHPian

SO Merc & Nico finally converted one of the poles into a win. Thanks to Monaco & the 'secret test'. It does seem to me that they learnt something from that test. Incident packed race made it non-boring.

-Perez & Sutil provided for some entertainment, though Perez did get it wrong with Kimi. He was simply too far back. Brilliant move on Button & Alonso though. Alonso cutting the chicane to avoid him was an excuse. The move was over by then. He seemed to be having an off day.
- Massa's carbon copy crash from his practice session made me think of a possibility of race fixing. Has happened before and with other driver being the same.
- Kimi's run back to points was fabulous. They should have shown that part of the race instead of a non-existing fight for 7-8-9.
Old 27th May 2013, 09:53   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I think Perez was at fault. Take a look at the pictures below.

In the move below, Perez has his car alongside Alonso, so Alonso should leave enough room for him.
What Perez did was very ambitious, but not a crime. Kimi has left him space and he nosed in. You should be closing your gates and not leave it open till the last moment. This is not Sakhir , but Monaco. Also a stark reminder for the former world champions to deal with Perez/Maldanado et al carefully. You shouldn't probably extend the gentleman's agreement to these folks. Like the good old DOS days, it's "Bad Command or File Name " for them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks