Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 20:42   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Rb have Adrian Newey.
A man so accomplished in the art of motive air, so delightfully adept at directing wind, such a master of the d dynamics of fluids, even the ghosts of his creation work. In fact the ghosts work better than the real deal!!

Sorry, this is more of sour grapes, than a crib. I would love for him to go back..
Old 11th June 2013, 00:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 F1 - Canadian Grandprix

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Very unfortunate incident that happened at the Canadian GP. A track marshal lost his life while working to recover Gutierrez's car in yesterday's race. RIP!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/108014
Sad to hear this :(
When the crane was arriving to clear the Sauber, Martin Brundle in commentary was saying it was unnecessary and they should just leave the car there as only 4 laps were remaining. Only if the race control had thought same way! :(
Old 11th June 2013, 18:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Sad to hear this :(
I was shocked when I read about this news next day morning. Bringing a crane at Turn 2 is more dangerous than leaving an F1 car parked close to the tyre wall and with less than 4 laps to the finish. It was very sad!

However, racing at Canada was as fantastic as ever. I am disappointed to not see the Pirelli marbles or cakes on the track though.

Vettel drove a fantastic race, the 2 second gap to the Mercs by end of Lap1 indicated that the RB car is going to be unstoppable that day. RB looked very comfortable with the tyres too as Vettel was pushing hard to cover Alonso's late chase in the race and I think he was pushing really hard in the early stints to stay out of the DRS zone. I am a bit puzzled at Ferrari's strategy to take it easy in the first stint as they had so much pace which was obvious in the 2nd half of the race. May be they were trying a 2-Stop and nursing the tyres!?

Massa drove a brilliant race opposite to what he did on saturday. 3 Crashes in 2 races is not doing anything good for Ferrari. I seriously hope that Ferrari quickly gets Bianchi ready for the seat that is wasted by Massa.

Edit: Mclaren team held the record for the fastest pitstop in Canada. Thats a nice positive after bringing Sam Michael to the team.

ROFL moment of the race was when Rosberg's engineer wanted him to do 38 laps on the harder Medium tyres in the last stint and then he had to come back for another set by end of lap 25 for fresh set of tyres. I imagine Rosberg's face to be something like this when he was told to do so on the radio

2013 F1 - Canadian Grandprix-shocked2.jpg

Overall a good weekend and totally enjoyed the race this time without the usual interferences.

Race live on HD, Live onboard camera feed and Live Timing on the laptop and some nice food too

Btw, the live onboard camera feed is available on www.racematelive.com which is a Fox Sports Live page!

Last edited by anachronix : 11th June 2013 at 18:52.
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 11:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

Really sorry to hear about a lost life due to a freak incident. The race weekends are quite loud and one really needs to be very careful and vigilant to avoid such mishaps. Hope FIA takes this up seriously.

Coming to the race, what I loved about Canada was the fact that the guys were able to push flat out without caring about the tyres.

Quote:
I am a bit puzzled at Ferrari's strategy to take it easy in the first stint as they had so much pace which was obvious in the 2nd half of the race.
I think its because the mediums were the tyres to be on. It helped the drivers to push the car when compared to the supersoft. And for Felipe, Ferrari put in a second set of supersoft which kind of ruined his race. He could have been so much higher up.

And getting stuck behind Rosberg is becoming an habit for Alonso. Ferrari and Alonso clearly needs to find more pace on Saturday to be up the grid. Else, the car will be too far back to fight for a win on Sundays.

RBR looks very strong. To win in such a way at Canada which is (was?) their bogey track is sending a big message to the other teams. I can only wonder how the RB9 is going to go at Silverstone. They like it there, very much.
Old 12th June 2013, 13:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

RBR did fairly well in Canada so far.

In 2010 the RB cars were 2nd and 3rd in Q, finished the race 4th & 5th after Webber started from the pitlane and Vettel was running with some problem and nursing his car to finish.

2011 was a classic Vettel pole and in the race he slid off track after a short spell of rain entering Turn 1 giving the race win to Button.

2012, RedBull badly lost out due to their tyre strategy, Vettel had to pit with 6 laps to go.

In 2013 they did everything right to take the win. I think its more to do with a wet Q, fresh tyres for sunday and they could use all their pace. Vettel was always pushing to ensure that he has a gap to do an extra pitstop if his tyres go away or if one of the front runners do one less stop. Luckily for him, none of that happened and Alonso was too far away when he decided to chase!

Ferrari on the soft tyres had solid pace, only that Alonso was keeping the 2 sec distance to Mark trying to stay away from the dirty air. Alonso pit early trying to do an undercut on Webber & Rosberg as the gap between Alonso & Vettel was increasing consistently in the first stint. But that undercut didnt work. I think Ferrari should do something to atleast get to the 2nd row in the Q. Starting from the 3rd row didnt do any good for the Ferrari in Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
RBR looks very strong. To win in such a way at Canada which is (was?) their bogey track is sending a big message to the other teams. I can only wonder how the RB9 is going to go at Silverstone. They like it there, very much.
Old 13th June 2013, 09:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Canada doesn't have high speed corners and got long straights as well. So, RBR might not be weak but it is not a track which compliments the strong points of their car. And the results so far have gone against them here.

Quote:
Ferrari on the soft tyres had solid pace, only that Alonso was keeping the 2 sec distance to Mark trying to stay away from the dirty air.
But Medium was the tyre to be on. And that's why the undercut didn't work. Mark was too fast on the medium just after his first pit stop. Ferrari had to react fast to counter this.

And Ferrari made a big mistake to send out Massa again on Super soft after the first pit stop. Paul di Resta started on the Medium and reaped the reward. I think McLaren would have done better had they chose the same for Jenson.
Old 16th June 2013, 01:34   #67
Senior - BHPian

Amazing reflex and thinking while doing all the racing, the F1 pilots are really unique beings!

anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks