Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2006, 11:28   #1
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!
Ferrari want Michael Schumi out !!!

Picked up this months issue of F1 and lo-behold, Ferrari wan to get rid of Schumi and want to partner Massa with none other than Kimi. Ferrari have approached Kimi and apparently 2 million $ has changed hands in a pre-contract agreement, which Kimi keeps even if he doesn't decide to join Ferrari!! Meanwhile, Red Bull boses have already known this months back and were trying to recruit Schumi for 2007. but they have decided to review their partnership with Ferrari for next season and most likely switch to Cosworth power. If they do, the extra 50 million they are offering Schumi will certainly quickly disappear.
Old 29th May 2006, 17:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

From where do you people get all these non-sense stuff,this is the most comic thing i have heard anyone say about Michael,they want to get rid of him so that they can keep a guy who could not find the way past a super aguri in Monaco for 10 laps.

If not ferrari,i am sure you guys with this kind of rubbish will take him out of F1.
Old 29th May 2006, 18:20   #3
DRC
BHPian

I am not sure how much of non-sense is this. Kimi was rattling about quitting and joining Ferrrari quite some time now.

May be a roumor, but, Even if this happens I am not surprised.
Old 29th May 2006, 19:49   #4
aZa
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this would be true as schmuck holds a very strong position in prancing horse F1 team. They could use the talents of someone better than massa in the team though.
Old 29th May 2006, 20:55   #5
BHPian

There's no way schumi will ever be booted outta any team in the world.
He's too good to be left out.. n yeah even I a true Kimi supporter is saying that.

Whoever wrote the story must be high on weed. Nothing else
Old 29th May 2006, 21:13   #6
BHPian

I really don't think ferrai want to kick schumi out...since he has contributed to ferrari's success a lot and they are very closely knit. But judging by the performace of schumi and in the interest of keeping alive .. this step is not suprising
Old 29th May 2006, 22:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

I really dont think there is any substance in this news. MS was the one who was responsible for the resurgence of Ferrari . Ferrari was nothing but an also ran in the times begore Schumi came in. They were slow utterly unreliable and nothing really worked for them. Ferrari's fortunes slowly but steadily changed and took them up to win championships.

Let's wait and watch
Old 29th May 2006, 22:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think Schumi adds more value to a team than just a driver compared to any other of the F1 drivers. Given he has a certian ruthless approach to winning but he delivers 110% and is able to motivate teams to perform as teams. I don't think that anyone can dispute the fact that regardless of what Ferrari have gone through over the past few years they have managed to perform as a team...er..um..but I don't think Barichello is gonna agree. Given this it's hard to see why Ferrari want him out and I read that he's been offered an $80million for a 2yr contract at Ferrari.

As for Kimi it's just a matter of time he moves away from McLaren seeing that after 3 yrs they still haven't managed to give him a car that does justice to his driving. And a Schumi, Kimi combo at Ferrari sounds awesome!!

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 29th May 2006, 23:29   #9
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

The article is in 'F1 Racing', the official FIA F1 magazine : May 2006. article written by Eddie Jordan, editor: Nigel Mansell. Schumi has upto 1st June to make his decision. If he decides to retire (no way), or goes to other another team (Red Bull will pay him more than Ferari), thn Kimi joins for 37 million $ p.a. If Schumi decides to stay, Kimi overall earns 5 million $ for re-signing a contract with Mc Laren. thts right, Kimi gets paid 5 mil by Ferrari to sign up for Mc Laren !! and no these arent rumors, This is theTruth (for gods sake i'm not quoting articles from the Sun or the Times ?!)
Old 29th May 2006, 23:53   #10
Senior - BHPian

what makes you think that people like jordan and mansell have all the inside information about ferrari.they dont have a clue,even Michael's manager Weber dosent have a clue about michael's intentions.

There is more rumor in F1 than truth.Never belive anything than when you hear it from the horse's mouth.
Old 30th May 2006, 00:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
what makes you think that people like jordan and mansell have all the inside information about ferrari.they dont have a clue,even Michael's manager Weber dosent have a clue about michael's intentions.

There is more rumor in F1 than truth.Never belive anything than when you hear it from the horse's mouth.
Well Merve, no offense bro, but I am sure that guys like Jordan and Mansell know more about inside F1 paddock than you, they dont put their name to articles without there being a solid rumor or reason behind it. So just dont brush these rumors off, its quite known that if Schumi chooses to retire or leave, than Kimi has been offered a deal in Ferrari.
However the chances of him retiring look bleak now, that Ferrari are back on pace.
Old 30th May 2006, 00:46   #12
BHPian

I think it's absurd to term this information as a rumour. I myself checked out the same magazine and it says the same thing. Btw, the official F1 magazine published in UK will be the most reliable source of information about Formula 1.
Whatever articles are written there are scrutinized by the FIA officials before being published. So this is not another rumour as many people are saying.
Also Nigel Mansell and Eddie Jordan were just asked to write, edit and provide their views on the article due to their vast expertise in F1. The source of the information is FIA and their officials.
Old 30th May 2006, 09:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri
I think it's absurd to term this information as a rumour. I myself checked out the same magazine and it says the same thing. Btw, the official F1 magazine published in UK will be the most reliable source of information about Formula 1.
Whatever articles are written there are scrutinized by the FIA officials before being published. So this is not another rumour as many people are saying.
Also Nigel Mansell and Eddie Jordan were just asked to write, edit and provide their views on the article due to their vast expertise in F1. The source of the information is FIA and their officials.
Where did you get the info about the F1-UK being the best and verified etc...?
While the magazine is owned/published by the FIA to make money, I don't think max goes through the various rumours and "filters out" the bad ones...

And they are all rumours....until there is a press conference, anything you read or hear is a rumour...though there might be some better than the others...
Old 30th May 2006, 12:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Well Merve, no offense bro, but I am sure that guys like Jordan and Mansell know more about inside F1 paddock than you, they dont put their name to articles without there being a solid rumor or reason behind it. So just dont brush these rumors off, its quite known that if Schumi chooses to retire or leave, than Kimi has been offered a deal in Ferrari.
However the chances of him retiring look bleak now, that Ferrari are back on pace.
The thing is people like you dont read the whole post and talk rubissh.If you READ what i said,
Quote:
what makes you think that people like jordan and mansell have all the inside information about ferrari.they dont have a clue,even Michael's manager Weber dosent have a clue about michael's intentions
From this what i mean is no one inside or outside of F1 except perhaps Michael,his family and some members of his Ferrari team have any knowledege about what they want from Michael or what he is going to do.
and i certainly dont have half a clue about what he is upto.

The fact is you are not able to distinguish between fact and rumor,is
F1racing the gospel of truths about F1 ?

Is there any evidence ,anything said by Michael or his team or any person concerned with both of them to back this article? there is none.That's why it is a rumor.

The problem is there is nothing that can be proved to Michael haters,they will always rely on the media's corupt brain to critisize Michael and Ferrari.We will see at the end of the season exactly what happens.
Old 30th May 2006, 13:36   #15
BHPian

You are spot on Merve.

And Aseem , someone a few days back was accusing me of being intimidating, look who is at it now
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks