16.00+ is the gap for Alonso & Hamilton the best qualifier still behind

Good show RBR

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Old 25th August 2013, 19:08   #17
BANNED

Re: 2013 F1 - Belgian Grand Prix @ Spa-Francorchamps

LAME...another lame race!

Lacked spice, drama, suspense and entertainment of any form. And worst of all - Raikkonen retired in addition to Vettel's winning.

I don't care what anybody says about Vettel -- but driving without much traffic in front makes your life as an F1 driver much easier, especially when you have a bullet proof car. After one lap the race was nothing really more than a train for the front runners, and that says much.

And that's why what Alonso achieved today makes him more attractive to me than Vettel.

God i can't wait to see the smile come off this guy.... 8 races to go... I still won't write off Alonso or Hamilton ! Never say never!

What I did love about this race though is the entire crowd booing Vettel (as usual) on the podium and cheering for Alonso and Hamilton .

Last edited by D33-PAC : 25th August 2013 at 19:11.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 19:33   #18
BHPian

OK race today..

Finger Boy strikes again!

Sadly no rain today, which would have spiced things up quite a bit.

Was surprised to see Vettel so much faster than everybody else. Alonso was very impressive going from 9th to 2nd. Disappointed for Raikkonen, brakes were glowing for the start and failure was almost inevitable.

Hopefully the Mercedes and Ferrari power and top speed come into effect at Monza.
Old 25th August 2013, 19:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Mark Webber is in the same car as Vettel. But he was 33 seconds behind and is behind most of the time. That says everything.
Too much Vettel bashing for a guy who is driving incredibly well.
Old 25th August 2013, 19:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
What I did love about this race though is the entire crowd booing Vettel (as usual) on the podium and cheering for Alonso and Hamilton .
Vettel running away with it again does make for a boring end. Mega drive by Fernando though. I now crown Webber the worst starter in F1 history.

I assumed Seb as well, but the booing was due to some Greenpeace activists protesting Shell, trying to steal some limelight.. the crowd was booing them away.

Perez again squeezing Grosjean away on the outside .. what is with that guy and overtaking? No harm in taking a tighter line into the corner when its already yours.

Ferrari should be strong in Monza before Mercedes and Lotus take over in Singapore onwards. Time to end 2013 development and focus on 2014.

Last edited by Hatari : 25th August 2013 at 20:01.
Old 26th August 2013, 03:28   #21
BHPian

Great drive from Alonso - I was hoping he would do something magical and he delivered. I'm not sure if Vettel can be challenged at all! Hope Ferrari and Alonso aim only at top step on podium from here on. Sad to see Kimi retire. :(

Last edited by punto_ : 26th August 2013 at 03:32.
Old 26th August 2013, 05:10   #22
BHPian

Well, I am still debating what brings the biggest grin - Watching Vettel win yet another race with a flawless drive or coming here to TBhp and reading few comments on his win.

Guess its the combination of both.

Number 4 seems pretty much well on the cards.
Old 26th August 2013, 08:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great win for Vettel. The way he opened up that gap in the initial laps as always was impressive. Only some 'DNF' can now give others a chance in the championship.

The leaner rear wing of the RBR looks good for the high speed tracks. I wouldn't bet against them for Monza. OTOH, the Mercedes didn't have any straight line speed.

Ferrari also had configured the car to suit the Kemmel straight and the race. Alonso had a brilliant drive. The car seems to have responded well to the new upgrades. But without a great Sat, a win is out of question. I was very impressed by the way Alonso kept the F138 on the racing line after defending from Lewis at the end of Kemmel straight without locking the wheels.

Its a shame that Kimi had to stop. It was his first retirement since the comeback last season.

Off to Monza then, in 2 weeks.
Old 26th August 2013, 09:42   #24
BANNED

Apart from a few overtaking, this was a lame race. Felt sad for Kimi,but i somehow predicted this will be his fate, as he was Monstering the car and killing the brakes. Its plain fact, the car let kimi down.

Vettel will soon wrap up the WDC in a race or two, Also, Alonso looks quite charged up and might do something magical in the coming races as he did today

Webber is just aint there, he could have gone past Nico, but fended off without a challenge.
Old 26th August 2013, 09:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Vettel again proved why he is a world, champion brilliant drive by him throughout the race. I am pretty sure, the results are going to be same as previous year. Go my boy go
Old 26th August 2013, 10:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

Another brilliant drive by Alonso. He really extracts 110% from that Ferrari, but with Vettel again dominating this race, the gap is getting too big.

Let's hope for some 'drama' in the next few races to spice things up a bit to make for a more interesting battle for the title
Old 26th August 2013, 10:55   #27
BHPian

What a boring race.
Makes it all the more bad if you are a Kimi fan and also a SFI fan, which I am :(

Really felt bad for Kimi, but again I feel he has lost his magic. Look at the way Alonso jumped from 9th on the grid to 5th in the first lap. We have seen Kimi do this many a times in his career, but nothing off late.

He really needs to pull up his socks if he wants to compete for the championship this year.

I really hope Vettel does not run away with the championship like he always does. Makes it boring.
Old 26th August 2013, 10:57   #28
BHPian

Yes Lame race for front four but lots of drama and overtaking for 5th 6th position onwards. The accident at turn 18 involving force India looked like our autos trying to squeeze into a lane all at once. 4 cars overtaking and defending in that tricky turn was a disaster waiting to happen BUT thats racing and fun.

I like where mercedes has come to from previous season to this season. 2nd on constructors and many poles. Though their car is way behind the RBR they have done a good job so far this season.

Like Hamilton and Rosberg, Vettel and Webber etc I do feel that the 1st driver in the team gets a different tune and strategy to the 2nd driver.

The season looks sealed and done with Vettel has to do everything wrong to give it away.
Old 26th August 2013, 11:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly boring race for Spa. No real fights except at the beginning. No real challenge to the podium finishers. Scrappy battles else where. Hopes for ending RBRs/Vettel's streak diminishing every race. Not a good start after the break.
Old 26th August 2013, 15:37   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
LAME...another lame race!

Lame race indeed! Particularly after the 2nd Pit stop.

The crowd booing at Vettel was fun. He even sheepishly asked - why are they booing? and DC had to brush that question off!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks