Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2014, 01:01   #766
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
New rumours are that Luca is leaving Ferrari. He is off to run an airline (Ethihad-AlItalia).
Yes, heard that too. 2nd most powerful man in F1 after Bernie.
Rumours of Alonso leaving will now gather steam too i suppose.
Old 11th August 2014, 06:44   #767
BHPian

I read it on auto123.com
Alonso is demanding record salary ($50 million) to continue with Ferrari. What can he do, Kimi just shot himself, Ferrari designing bad car. Only Alonso's talent is keeping that Ferrari where it is. Imagine if both Ferraris performed like Kimi. (I like Kimi by the way)
Blue_V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 11:53   #768
Senior - BHPian

If Ferrari want any success in the future they better retain Alonso for whatever he demands. They have always banked on the presence of a strong driver in the team. If they dont have that, its looking ever so bleak.

In that interview with Aldo Costa, he rules out Alonso ever joining Mercedes. So looks like the Alonso to Mclaren rumours will start to gather strength.
Old 15th August 2014, 23:37   #769
Senior - BHPian

Marmorini: Ferrari sacrificed engine for aero
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi..._aerodynamics/

If this is the case.. it is entirely on Stefano Domenicali.
This call should have been his on engine power vs aero.. not the chassis designer.
Real shame.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 09:11   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Mario Andretti:“Fernando [Alonso] is one of those brilliant talents who will maximise everything you throw at him. He’s an enormous talent and he’s shown that all along. He just knows how to get 100% out of everything he’s driving and that’s all you can ask.

“He’s keeping Ferrari alive very well. Kimi has a little bit of work to do I think,”
Source

11 races completed and Fernando has been in top 6 in 10 races. He is 15 points shy off Daniel Ricciardo, who has been making news with two wins. Thats just amazing.

Quote:
Frenchman Eric Boullier has admitted McLaren Formula 1 team is looking to eventually "refresh" its driver line-up.

It is believed that if McLaren does oust a current driver to make way for a newcomer, it would be the 2009 world champion Jenson Button, 34, who is out of contract.

McLaren supremo Ron Dennis made waves recently when he urged Button to "try harder".
Source

I hope Alonso moves to Mclaren-Honda but I think his salary demands might just blow the deal, so he ends up staying at Ferrari with a mega salary. Makes me sad. Nando definitely deserves another title.

Last edited by Blue_V : 19th August 2014 at 09:14.
Blue_V is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 18:30   #771
Senior - BHPian

Nando deserves three more titles if you ask me. His grit and passion is phenomenal. His ex-team mates come on the press to say that he can drive any car at its potential and doesnt care about a nervous front end or rear end. Its a pity to see him get older with barely any success. Ferrari is my favourite team but I blame them for almost ruining Alonso's career.

There's no doubt that Ferrari is in disarray. I hope Mattiaci knows what he is doing. If things dont look up next year also (no question of a title), Alonso better look at another seat.
Old 20th August 2014, 18:53   #772
BHPian

Caterham have announced that Andre Lotterer will race in Belgium this weekend, replacing Kamui Kobayashi.

After days of speculation, Caterham confirmed on Wednesday that Lotterer, who competes in the FIA World Endurance Championship, will line-up on the grid for "this round of the championship".

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/94...Lotterer-Drive

-Sajan
Old 21st August 2014, 11:58   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
I read it on auto123.com
Alonso is demanding record salary ($50 million) to continue with Ferrari. What can he do, Kimi just shot himself, Ferrari designing bad car. Only Alonso's talent is keeping that Ferrari where it is. Imagine if both Ferraris performed like Kimi. (I like Kimi by the way)
Thats a lot!
Although, I think the record was and still should be what MSC was pulling in during his domination years. Wasn't it something to the tune of $70m? i.e as salary from Ferrari alone and then on top of that his Personal sponsorships easily pushing him beyond $100m annually.
Old 21st August 2014, 13:00   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thats a lot!
Although, I think the record was and still should be what MSC was pulling in during his domination years. Wasn't it something to the tune of $70m? i.e as salary from Ferrari alone and then on top of that his Personal sponsorships easily pushing him beyond $100m annually.
IMO Fernando is the best F1 driver in the current line-up followed by lewis. Everyone knows how he is keeping ferrari alive. I think ferrari should blindly comply to his demands and try to give him a good car next year.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 F1 Season-1408606202634.jpg  

TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 18:04   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a lot!
Highest Schumi earned was $30million.. it was capped at that towards his later years at Ferrari.
Old 21st August 2014, 19:33   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Highest Schumi earned was $30million.. it was capped at that towards his later years at Ferrari.
Really : 0.
Cap set by who?
Old 21st August 2014, 21:36   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really : 0.
Cap set by who?
By mutual agreement. I assume caused by the crackdown on tobacco advertising/funding.
Old 21st August 2014, 21:48   #778
BHPian

If I remember correctly Kimi still holds the record as highest paid at 51 millions.
Old 22nd August 2014, 07:28   #779
Senior - BHPian

51 million looks big, but its still very reasonable when you bring other sports and world class professionals into picture.

For example, Real Madrid paid Spurs 80 million GBP last year for Gareth Bale. His weekly compensation and other perks are all extra. So, 50 million for Alonso is amazing value for money, ain't it?

Though, I still haven't warmed up to Alonso being a Ferrari driver even now, he is as good as it gets come race day. Alonso is one reason why SF is punching above its weight for many seasons now. To lose him will be terrible.
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:52   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
By mutual agreement. I assume caused by the crackdown on tobacco advertising/funding.
I see. So it was a "cap" then rather than an actual cap : ).
It could also well have been put in place to get rid of the image(correct so) Ferrari has in F1, which is that of a ridiculously rich team. Even now, whenever an article is printed which tells of Ferraris expenses are quickly dismissed by Luc....errr the Horse whisperer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks