Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 07:43   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2014 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Amidst rumours that he is about to be replaced by Kevin Magnussen, Sergio Perez has hit out at McLaren, claiming that the team lacked the organisation and humility to contend with the reality that they weren't title contenders in 2014...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Whatever it is, it's all strange. His performance wasn't so bad, and we saw all the logos of Sergio/Carlos Slim related companies on the McLarens (Claro e.g.)

I feel for the guy, he adds excitement to the track.
Not sure if the over-aggressive driving style of Perez was one of the reasons why McLaren decided to show him the door. While the audience may enjoy it, no team would like a disobedient driver who races with the team mate and pulls aggressive moves that could take both the cars out. After the accident with Kimi, a lot of drivers had criticized the driving style of Perez.

Last edited by zenren : 14th November 2013 at 07:46.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 08:02   #122
Senior - BHPian

Here is that Perez letter in full guys.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/11/13/th...etter-in-full/

PS: Don't forget the PS.

And please don't take it seriously knowing sniffpetrol.

Last edited by deetjohn : 14th November 2013 at 08:06.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2013, 12:36   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Not sure if the over-aggressive driving style of Perez was one of the reasons why McLaren decided to show him the door. After the accident with Kimi, a lot of drivers had criticized the driving style of Perez.
Where will perez end up in 2014 or will this be his only season in f1? Lots of drivers on the bench for 2014 and few can get a seat for next season.

-Sajan
Old 14th November 2013, 13:44   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where will perez end up in 2014 or will this be his only season in f1? Lots of drivers on the bench for 2014 and few can get a seat for next season.

-Sajan
Move to Force India or a return to Sauber are definitely possible options for Perez.

Perez is probably a better option than Maldonaldo for the financially struggling teams who are looking at paid drivers. Both have the ability to give financial stability to the team with their sponsor backing.
Old 14th November 2013, 16:18   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
I've just come across an image on the internet which apparently details visually rule changes for 2014 cars. RB is a render keep in mind, Have a look:
Yikes !!!! The RBR looks downright awwwwful. How on earth can we keep looking at such cars. I better cancel my HD connection rather than pay money to watch such ugly cars in crystal clear reception. It looks like a duck billed platypus.
Old 14th November 2013, 21:46   #126
BHPian

Just in, Lotus confirmed on Thursday that Heikki Kovalainen will replace Kimi Raikkonen at the Enstone team for the final two races of the Formula One season.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/90...-On-Kovalainen

-Sajan
Old 14th November 2013, 22:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

Sergio Perez leaving McLaren,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24927323

To give way to Kevin Magnussen!

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2013...iver-for-2014/

Funny, just one year with McLaren for Perez!
Old 15th November 2013, 10:27   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
I am quite surprised though.
Mclalren desperately needed a new driver, but with the pockets Perez sits in, I'd have thought it'd be button who would be shown the door.

I suppose they are counting on Button's experience to guide the development next year.
Another rookie, hm? Well, I hope he brings in a stinger like Hammy buay did.
Old 15th November 2013, 11:58   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
McLaren sacking Perez is shocking.

I would have thought access to the pockets of Carlos Slim Helu would have made Sergio a walking cheque book for McLaren.

Whatever it is, it's all strange. His performance wasn't so bad, and we saw all the logos of Sergio/Carlos Slim related companies on the McLarens (Claro e.g.)

I feel for the guy, he adds excitement to the track.

Yea I think it was his performance relevant to Button that turned McLaren off D33.
Button is on the tail end of his career where as Perez is just starting. The great hope was, In McLarens view, that Perez would outpace button consistently and vastly. That he had potential. I think a bit of the Lewis Hamilton 'curse' : P.
I personally saw Perez as being very average at best and wondered why they didn't go with Hulkenberg instead for this year. The score, 60 - 35, Button to Perez.

Last edited by Maky : 15th November 2013 at 11:59.
Old 15th November 2013, 14:48   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Yea I think it was his performance relevant to Button that turned McLaren off D33.
Button is on the tail end of his career where as Perez is just starting. The great hope was, In McLarens view, that Perez would outpace button consistently and vastly. That he had potential. I think a bit of the Lewis Hamilton 'curse' : P.
I personally saw Perez as being very average at best and wondered why they didn't go with Hulkenberg instead for this year. The score, 60 - 35, Button to Perez.
Button is a stop gap till you have Alonso or Seb for 2015. McL is going one step at one time. They have realized that their problems cannot have a quick fix. Peter Prodmerou is coming in and so will some of his team from RBR. Honda is coming in too. So it will also start churning from 2015. They will look to quickly bide 2014 thru.
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 00:54   #131
BANNED

But what is quite pathetic is how McLaren dumped him. I remember how during the start of the season McLaren made "oh who cares about Hamilton we have Perez" type of statements .

Whitmarsh made statements like "we're going to groom him" and crap. LOL.

What happened to that grooming now ?

If there's anyone on the grid that needs to go it's Massa. I think Perez deserves another chance in a decent car.

In recent times I have not seen such a nasty and disgusting send off in F1. Massa should be delighted that Ferrari was kind enough to celebrate his departure the way they did. In fact, that was a very warm and nice send off by Domenicali and Montezemolo considering the kind of mediocre and sub par performance he's delivered.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 16th November 2013 at 00:57.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 21:56   #132
BHPian

Quote:
But what is quite pathetic is how McLaren dumped him.

Whitmarsh made statements like "we're going to groom him" and crap. LOL.

What happened to that grooming now ?

If there's anyone on the grid that needs to go it's Massa. I think Perez deserves another chance in a decent car.
Well, Now whitmarsh is trying to help perez with a drive in lotus and force india at the last hour while others are also eying the same seat. What makes it worst is whitmarsh has also spoken to teams like Caterham and Marussia :( come on, I think checo deserves a better team.

Martin Whitmarsh is "trying" to help Sergio Perez secure a drive for next season after McLaren opted to drop the Mexican racer.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...ndia-for-Perez

-Sajan
Old 17th November 2013, 10:08   #133
Senior - BHPian

Best and most likely option for Perez might be back to his old seat at Sauber as he knows the team and has performed really well with them last year. If Lotus hires someone else and Hulkenberg decides to continue at Sauber, I think they could still consider Checo over Gutierrez giving them a clear edge over teams including McLaren in the Constructors battle.

With Perez out-qualifying Button again, its likely to boost his market value for the other mid size teams too.

Quote:
Well, Now whitmarsh is trying to help perez with a drive in lotus and force india at the last hour while others are also eying the same seat. What makes it worst is whitmarsh has also spoken to teams like Caterham and Marussia :( come on, I think checo deserves a better team.

Martin Whitmarsh is "trying" to help Sergio Perez secure a drive for next season after McLaren opted to drop the Mexican racer.
Glad he didn't say he called the Sauber team!

This is just frantic efforts to do some damage control on the PR front caused by Perez shown the door when they were admitting all year that they failed to give Perez and Button a competitive car.

On a similar note, its bad news for Magnussen too, since McLaren would be more focused on 2015 car during most of next year and its unlikely that he'd be getting a competitive car for next year.

Last edited by zenren : 17th November 2013 at 10:12.
Old 17th November 2013, 19:44   #134
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I don't think Sergio Perez is too bad a driver. Of late he has been outperforming Button pretty consistently. Bad of McLaren to have dumped him like this. Their car has been awful this season and Checo might just be coming to terms with it. I don't think Magnussen will be any better. McLaren is going to be an "also ran" in 2014 too.
Old 17th November 2013, 20:26   #135
BHPian

Would love too see Perez put in an SFI. His finance could really pump them up.
But that would mean replacing Adrian Sutil, which would be bad. His career has gone to the dogs after his brawl.

Maldonaldo looks a little too complacent for a guy with no drive for next year, my guess is his Lotus deal is done. (which would also explain Hulk not wanting to jump into Lotus already).

Last edited by negativeH : 17th November 2013 at 20:27.

Most Viewed