Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 19:38   #16
BANNED

Re: 2013 F1 - Singapore Grand Prix

Its frustrating to see that ESPN , ESPN HD and Start Sports telecast rubbish instead of F1 Qualifying. And lord knows where on Earth is Starsports 2 by Videocon D2H....!!

Watched the Qualifying on live streaming, maybe need to do the same for the Race tomorrow.

Nice Qualifying.. Vettel has started to look more like Michael Schumacher ( In terms of appearance too ), What a qualifying lap from him, decimating the opposition with his Q1 , Grosjean too was on a Hot Lap for that Q3, sad for Kimi's bad back which put him in Q13 . Surprisingly Massa out-qualifies Alonso.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:42   #17
BANNED

two things to look forward to during the race:

1) Grosjean is dangerously close to Vettel -- could play a massive spoilsport if the Lotus has the pace, who knows what he could do, silly bump, crash, etc ? All he needs is a jump on Rosberg and a decent pace to threaten Vettel.

Grosjean is not an Alonsoesque driver, but he is very quick and very accident prone.

2) The Red Bull could have a gearbox problem during the race.

3) This is a night race + narrow track = greater chances of things to go wrong. Many tight corners, all it takes is a 5 or 4 inches to bang wheels with the barriers to get a flat tire.

----------------------

Overall, crap qualifying, very predicting and boring, but I expect the race to have a lot of drama.

Also, a big shout out to Rosberg for his evident skill, once again manages to make Lewis Hamilton pathetic.
And I chuckle because of Massa's motivation to up Alonso, which only seemed to come after the announcement of his unofficial firing from Ferrari.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 21st September 2013 at 19:49.
Old 21st September 2013, 19:46   #18
BHPian

I am not at all surprised that the overly publicized cricket was again given more preference over F1.
And yeah, Star Sports 2 is not available with Videocon D2H.
Edit - Star Sports 2 is not even available as an A-La-Carte by D2H.

So, its online only for us, in some language that I dont understand.

Vettel definitely looks to bag his 4th consecutive WDC. Looks like nothing is going to stop him now.

Last edited by gods-envy : 21st September 2013 at 19:51.
gods-envy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 19:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sorry state of affairs by the broadcasters.

Resorted to the live streaming as always. Good things is it is without ads and with great commentary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
I am not at all surprised that the overly publicized cricket was again given more preference over F1.
And yeah, Star Sports 2 is not available with Videocon D2H.
Edit - Star Sports 2 is not even available as an A-La-Carte by D2H.

So, its online only for us, in some language that I dont understand.

Vettel definitely looks to bag his 4th consecutive WDC. Looks like nothing is going to stop him now.
Try this link.
firstrownow.eu/watch/112960/1/watch-sky-sports-f1.html

You get english commentary and one of the best F1 telecast you can find.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 22:31   #20
mgh
BHPian

Vettel+ Red Bull= Season over for competitors

SFI in free fall mode- they seem to have stopped developing the car after the break, as per their normal practice.
Old 21st September 2013, 23:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Agree with you, wonder what sort of a nut job is head of programming at ESPN !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Its frustrating to see that ESPN , ESPN HD and Start Sports telecast rubbish instead of F1 Qualifying. And lord knows where on Earth is Starsports 2 by Videocon D2H....!!

Surprisingly Massa out-qualifies Alonso.
Let's hope Massa gets a podium tomorrow, it will be egg on the face for Ferrari and will serve them right for the move to sign Kimi. Now I like Kimi but then I like Alonso more and this pairing is bound to have its toll on Alonso's psyche over the next couple of seasons.

Somehow, I do not like all of street circuits neither Singapore nor Monaco and usually do not watch these two. However Albert park and Valencia are fine by me. Let us see how the Sochi International street circuit turns out. Interestingly while it is named as a street circuit it is classified as a 'Road' circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
A Street Circuit and a Night Race, just hope it adds a little excitement and Glamour to the Dull season.
Old 22nd September 2013, 01:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
No, It is confirmed in foxsportsasia official page, Sunday race is only on Starsports 2 SD.
ESPN HD and Star cricket HD will air Premier league and Champions league respectively.
For all F1 enthusiasts it's a big let down by ESPN HD second time in a row.
Thanks treadmark, Sad!! when will ESPN grow up and stop hyping already hyped cricket!! Give other sports a chance in HD I hope at least Indian GP will be shown in HD.

I bet an Safety car on track for the race, its been a tradition for the safety car to make its appearance on this track all seasons. Force India, Ferrari and Mclaren would love to see the safety car on track as that's the only way they can close the gap to the running bulls and merc's

-Sajan
Old 22nd September 2013, 08:36   #23
BHPian

Qualifying session was quite good.

After seeing the practice sessions, I was surprised to see people coming so close to Vettel's time, even if they took 2 attempts.

Hopefully we have an exciting race tomorrow!
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:37   #24
Senior - BHPian

9 hundredths was the difference that would have made for a great qualifying session, to watch that finger disappear from Seb and nothing he could have done to prevent it!
But it was not to be. Merc did up their pace though after Red Bull seemed to have been miles ahead. They are driving like a dream around here, rear end stability as good as it gets.

Race strategy will be interesting, 2 stops looks to be the order of the day as the quicker 3 stopper could prove to be too risky with the high safety car chances and limited overtaking opportunities. The super softs are not only significantly quicker but also the preferred race tire according to the team if they are able to manage wear.

This will all change if we get some rain! Given its proximity to Malaysia which is know for its rain showers, quite surprising that we have never had a wet race here.

//MODS - Can we get a rain dance icon? it'l come very handy for the remaining races this season!
Old 22nd September 2013, 12:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
This will all change if we get some rain! Given its proximity to Malaysia which is know for its rain showers, quite surprising that we have never had a wet race here!
Even I wish a bit of showers in Marina Bay Street circuit whilst the forecast says mostly cloudy.

2013 F1 - Singapore Grand Prix-image3851632358.jpg

Cheers!
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:43   #26
BANNED

A decent race, Vettel decimated the opposition and was in best control of the race for his well deserved P1. Shocker that Kimi inspite of nursing a bad back monstered his car to P3. Alonso deserved his P2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Alonso and Raikkonen once again showed why they are the highest paid drivers in F1.

As for Vettel -- I think winning the race after the first corner says much more about the pathetic state of F1 rather than his skill.

I have also decided to stop watching F1. It is a waste of time and there is a massive lack of entertainment.

I will skip Korea and Japan and will watch the Indian GP as it may be when Vettel can theoretically seal the championship and put the entire year to an end.

So other than the Indian GP quali and race I won't be watching anything else for the rest of the season.

If you roll dice, and you make it a billion dollar sport because there is a great entertainment factor in seeing it roll to 12 sometimes, or seeing it roll to 3, or seeing it roll to 5, and this happens every time, then it's worth watching.

If you roll the dice 5 times and the result is the same every time -- this isn't entertainment, which means it's not a sport.

Also, say what you want, but I suspect Dietrich Mateschitz has given some preference to Vettel at Red Bull due to the Austrian German bhai bhai. Webber's bad luck is unbelievable for it to be natural occurrence .

LOL , Vettel is the Best driver on the grid presently, thats the fact.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 22nd September 2013 at 19:53.
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:44   #27
BANNED

Alonso and Raikkonen once again showed why they are the highest paid drivers in F1.

As for Vettel -- I think winning the race after the first corner says much more about the pathetic state of F1 rather than his skill.

I have also decided to stop watching F1. It is a waste of time and there is a massive lack of entertainment.

I will skip Korea and Japan and will watch the Indian GP as it may be when Vettel can theoretically seal the championship and put the entire year to an end.

So other than the Indian GP quali and race I won't be watching anything else for the rest of the season.

If you roll dice, and you make it a billion dollar sport because there is a great entertainment factor in seeing it roll to 12 sometimes, or seeing it roll to 3, or seeing it roll to 5, and this happens every time, then it's worth watching.

If you roll the dice 5 times and the result is the same every time -- this isn't entertainment, which means it's not a sport.

Also, say what you want, but I suspect Dietrich Mateschitz has given some preference to Vettel at Red Bull due to the Austrian German bhai bhai. Webber's bad luck is unbelievable for it to be natural occurrence .

Last edited by D33-PAC : 22nd September 2013 at 19:47.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 20:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post

You are that disillusioned with F1?, I thought I was the only one. This dominant victory after victory is infuriating. It's so boring.

They got it right earlier in the year with the tyres which limited the high downforce guys forcing them to run 80-90% of their max and hence brought the slower cars to bridge the gap. We had close and highly entertaining races but the big teams had their way, capitalised on blowing tyres and here we are back to 2011.
Agree with your statement on the No#1 Status as well, It may be unofficial unlike Ferrari but It's hard to believe a team wouldn't give some sort of preference to the man who has single handedly won them 3 WDCs and contributed in a big way to the 3 WCCs as well.
Old 22nd September 2013, 20:09   #29
BHPian

Booing Vettle has become a common practice and martin brundle has to ask the crowd not to do that Singapore GP lived up to its expectations with the safety car making its presence on track. Super race from Kimi and Alonso. Nice gesture from alonso to offer webber a ride back. Bad luck to webber.

-Sajan
Old 22nd September 2013, 20:12   #30
BHPian

An easy win for the german.
Boring outcome but an interesting race looking at all the battles.

Button vs Perez vs webber vs nico vs Ham was a treat to watch.
Pooro webber his gearbox gave up on him.

But all said and done it is getting really boring having the same team and the driver win race after race, c'ship aftter c'ship.
Have been following since 2002, it never was so boring and predictable

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks