Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit

Hope you are in the upper tier. Last year my cousins were in the lower tier and it seems that people in the bottom most rows were having difficulty in watching the track or maybe the pit lane. This resulted in all of them standing up and this had a ripple effect, so our guys with wives and kids in tow were forced to watch the entire race on their feet.
This year the children want to go again the but parents are firm on not going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Am at the Grandstand.

That along with the Star stand East are the places from where one can catch the real action. I was in SSE 2&3 last year. This is at the fag end of the longest straight and end of DRS zone II. Maximum overtaking complete with late braking takes place and the best part is that the stands are the closest to the track here than anywhere else in the arena. The sound here is deafening for the uninitiated & music for the fans. We dubbed this the Paisa Vasool stand. Infact the SSE 2 is in the direct line of sight for the drivers and last year all of us were requested to move to SSE3 as people moving about and more so the camera flashes popping were distracting to the drivers.

This year it seems the SSE2 is not being offered at all.

The year before (inaugural race weekend) I tried the picnic stand South and the natural stand South on Fri & Sat before watching the race itself from the premium stand South for the inaugural event.

This year my gang is not here so I too sort of dropped my plans of going. Though I did try to buy a single race day ticket but there was no option for buying car parking with a single ticket, that was the final nail in the coffin.

Have fun at the track guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
I will be at North premium stand, next to the grand stand.. Perfect view for Turn 1, 2, 3 and pit exit. Anyone with a seat there meet?

Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:01   #17
BHPian

Re: 2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ बुद्ध इंटरनेशनल सर्किट

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
I am also in the Main Grandstand (Lower tier). Lets catch up. Any one else watching the race from Grandstand?

Last year I left the race midway when I realised Finger boy is running away with it. I am hoping he doesn't win this time.
I am in the Lower tier of the Main Grandstand too!! But after reading the reviews i am wondering whether i should have booked in the Upper tier!

I will be catching the bus from Noida city center.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hope you are in the upper tier. Last year my cousins were in the lower tier and it seems that people in the bottom most rows were having difficulty in watching the track or maybe the pit lane. This resulted in all of them standing up and this had a ripple effect, so our guys with wives and kids in tow were forced to watch the entire race on their feet.
This year the children want to go again the but parents are firm on not going
Lower tier. 9th row from the bottom. I hope this is higher than the fencing.
Will manage the rest.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the weekend whoever is going to the Buddh Circuit, you might be witnessing the last F1 race in India... says Monisha

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110804
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Last race ! Not by any means, we are set for atleast 2 more races within 7 years.
Old 24th October 2013, 14:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Some tough competition is on the way for India from Russia, Mexico & Austria. With no support from the govt. I will be surprised if Jaypee group could pull the F1 circus back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Last race ! Not by any means, we are set for atleast 2 more races within 7 years.
Old 24th October 2013, 15:59   #22
BHPian

A Public Interest Litigation has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of Sunday's grand prix. It is to be heard tomorrow.

More here - http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/su...f1-race-436601
Old 24th October 2013, 17:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Woah, this will be a sensational end to F1 in India

May be we should let them play cricket in Buddh circuit and they will be happy with it and let the cars race for those meagre 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackparag View Post
A Public Interest Litigation has been filed in the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of Sunday's grand prix. It is to be heard tomorrow.

More here - http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/su...f1-race-436601
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 17:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

No idea what 'public interest' the petitioner is trying to protect here by requesting for cancellation of the event.

In case of race cancellation, the losses for the organizers could even lead them to file for bankruptcy or at least offset losses against all profit they've gained so far. This could in turn force the tax department to write-off all the pending tax dues against the losses. I don't think an F1 track is something they can auction off to recover the amount

If government is not going to get a single penny out of cancellation and might even lose the claim over the dues that are currently pending, I don't understand how this is in public interest!

I'm no expert on tax or law, just speaking from common sense. So if please correct me if there is any other angle to it.
Old 24th October 2013, 18:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hope the race goes through.

Don't want Vettel to clinch the title in India without racing. That'll be a huge shame.
Old 24th October 2013, 19:42   #26
Team-BHP Support

I don't know how such last minute PILs are accepted by the Courts when an event as big as Formula 1 is concerned. Why did this guy, Amit Kumar, wait till all the preparations were made and all the teams and officials landed in India? What was he doing all these months? Such attention-mongers should be thrown behind bars for good. He clearly does not know anything about the sport of Formula 1. It seems he argued successfully that it is entertainment and not sport. Going by that, it is also evident that our stone-age politicians, government and judicial system are no better either.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

wow! I just read on ToI that entertainment would be applied to tickets sold for F1 races as F1 is not considered a "sport". It's just entertainment.

What kind of idiots do we have in this country!!!

PS: is IPL subject to entertainment tax? That's hardly cricket and purely entertainment. Or are there different rules for "cricket"?

Last edited by asr245 : 24th October 2013 at 20:37.
Old 24th October 2013, 20:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
What kind of idiots do we have in this country!!!
Just in, Sunday's F1 GP in doubt.

This weekend's Indian GP could yet be cancelled as the race's organizers have allegedly not paid entertainment taxes for the 2012 event.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/89...an-GP-In-Doubt

-Sajan
Old 25th October 2013, 07:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

As a build-up to the Indian GP, Nat Geo Channel is airing a documentary on the building of the Buddh circuit and how the Indian GP came into being.

Airing tonight at 8pm.

Regards
Old 25th October 2013, 09:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Practice sessions to be telecast live as per ESPN schedule.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks