Old 25th October 2013, 10:35   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody there in platinum?
I'm there tomorrow and day after.
Bhpian Sameer is there today.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:14   #32
BHPian

Re: 2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit

Grands Stands are almost empty. Hope people turnout in good numbers. And why is it so misty in Delhi at this time of the year?
Old 25th October 2013, 12:20   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
I don't know how such last minute PILs are accepted by the Courts when an event as big as Formula 1 is concerned. Why did this guy, Amit Kumar, wait till all the preparations were made and all the teams and officials landed in India? What was he doing all these months? Such attention-mongers should be thrown behind bars for good. He clearly does not know anything about the sport of Formula 1. It seems he argued successfully that it is entertainment and not sport. Going by that, it is also evident that our stone-age politicians, government and judicial system are no better either.
One cant stop any one from filing a PIL. And the Courts cant reject it outright. They have to hear the Petitioner. As far as the case in hand is concerned, and knowing Supreme Court, I am sure that it will take cognizance of the fact that third party rights have been created with respect to the event (ticket sales, etc) and that the general public at large will be inconvenienced if the event is cancelled at this stage.

However, I don't rule out the possibility of Supreme Court asking the organizers to deposit certain amount of money in Court for their default, if there is one at all.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/new...ian-grand-prix

Is there any chance the race is really going to be cancelled?
Old 25th October 2013, 12:22   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Grands Stands are almost empty. Hope people turnout in good numbers. And why is it so misty in Delhi at this time of the year?
We're on our way to a slightly early winter, plus, that area usually it's hazy.

You'll see the most crowd on Sunday only.
Even tomorrow they'll be more or less empty.
Old 25th October 2013, 12:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/new...ian-grand-prix

Is there any chance the race is really going to be cancelled?
Court delays Indian GP hearing, race unhindered - http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/08148
Old 25th October 2013, 12:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the race will go ahead. This weekend's Indian Grand Prix was given the green light Friday after the Supreme Court delayed a hearing on a petition seeking the race's cancellation over a tax dispute, legal sources said.

And Vettel on top in FP1. Alonso was sidelined by a gearbox problem after six laps. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110839
Old 25th October 2013, 12:53   #38
BHPian

Meh. Nothing new. I side with Bernie Ecclestone on this. A rich-man's sport such as F1 cannot make any inroads into a corrupt, babu-run country such as ours.

The bigger the sport, the greedier people and politicos will get, while trying to sponge off some cash. This country needs a complete overhaul of the political/judicial/constitutional systems IMO. Branding F1 as entertainment is akin to branding cycles as exercise equipment. Rubbish!

Speaking of the race itself, it really doesn't make any difference anymore. The drivers championship & constructors championships are both sealed in. Apart from Brazil, the next two tracks are as interesting to watch as a wall painted in white.
Old 25th October 2013, 20:42   #39
BANNED

F1 won't be returning to India any time soon. There are MUCH MUCH better venues in the eyes of CVC/Bernie, such as Russia and Mexico which actually have a decent fan base, and are highly supported there.

The rupee devaluation + tax problems + lowered attendance rate will surely drive F1 away for 2-3 years.

I feel sorry for JaiPrakash Group - the real losers in this entire series of misfortunate events. Can't believe how much they've burned their hands on this.

First they manage to drive MNC's like BHP Billiton, Posco, ArcelorMittal out, and now F1 too.

So for all those going - enjoy it well!

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th October 2013 at 08:27. Reason: Do not discuss politics on the forum.
Old 25th October 2013, 22:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
F1 won't be returning to India any time soon. There are MUCH MUCH better venues in the eyes of CVC/Bernie, such as Russia and Mexico which actually have a decent fan base, and are highly supported there.

The rupee devaluation + tax problems + lowered attendance rate will surely drive F1 away for 2-3 years.

I feel sorry for JaiPrakash Group - the real losers in this entire series of misfortunate events. Can't believe how much they've burned their hands on this.

First they manage to drive MNC's like BHP Billiton, Posco, ArcelorMittal out, and now F1 too.

So for all those going - enjoy it well!
Pardon my ignorance,but do other race circuits have backup from the local government.

I believe Korea international circuit is a JV between a private developer and the regional government and even that circuit does not have a guaranteed place in next year calendar.

So please do not involve politics in this.I believe Bernie's call on Indian GP would be purely on commercial terms.Factors like what kind of fees he is expecting from the Jaypee group,the revenue projection that JayPee group have,the kind of backing they get from the audience etc.

The 2011 race was a sellout,but the 2012 version didnt have that much response.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th October 2013 at 08:27. Reason: Editing quoted post.
Old 25th October 2013, 22:26   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Pardon my ignorance,but do other race circuits have backup from the local government.

Yes I am sure some do, I know Austin is backed by the local gov for a fact, but I was not talking about that. I wasn't asking the government to support the event financially, that's just stupid prioritization in a developing nation. However I was asking that the event not be taxed like hell.

These concerns were echoed by everyone in the F1 community.

I think the fact that these tax issues were the first to be encountered in a long time says more than enough about the government's role in causing inconvenience.
Old 26th October 2013, 01:29   #42
BHPian

Some good news for Ferrari fans, cheer up, the plan looks awesome..... GO GO GO......!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-ferrari.jpg  

Bubby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 08:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

!
Race will be back in 2015 says MD of JPSI,

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...a-2015039.html

I really hope it does.
Old 26th October 2013, 10:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Better' venues as in those willing to pay more per host? then I agree. I don't think either CVC or Bernie give two poos about fan base. I'd like to think that they would prefer that stands are full during a race surely but it doesn't play into factors when deciding on who gets a race, It's all about creating a facade that they can only host so many races during a year and if you want F1 pay up. Korea is a shining example.
I think these people had a 5 or 7 year deal in place for India so I think we should get more races as part of that deal, cannot comment on if they will be year after year though heh....

Last edited by Maky : 26th October 2013 at 10:05.
Old 26th October 2013, 10:52   #45
BHPian

Does anyone know if we could carry mobile phones into the venue tomorrow? We read somewhere that mobiles are not allowed... Is that true!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks