Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 11:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit

Vettel knew what he was doing and breaking rules so was fined. But why is this against rules? A champion is celebrating in front of the crowd. That is what F1 needs. There needs to be more interaction with the fans, getting it closer to the fans. Personally, I liked it. Wayyy better than his 'finger' celebrations. I would love to see more of this and less of that finger or 'thank you boys/everyone at the factory' speech.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2013 at 11:15. Reason: STRICTLY no abusive language on Team-BHP please (b@s****)
Old 28th October 2013, 11:49   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Vettel knew what he was doing and breaking rules so was fined. But why is this against rules? A champion is celebrating in front of the crowd. That is what F1 needs. There needs to be more interaction with the fans, getting it closer to the fans. Personally, I liked it. Wayyy better than his 'finger' celebrations. I would love to see more of this and less of that finger or 'thank you boys/everyone at the factory' speech.

Lucky b@s****!
Whatever happened to the other one?
Its gone by way of taxes or something?
Old 28th October 2013, 11:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Whatever happened to the other one?
Its gone by way of taxes or something?
LOL!
Yeah. Somebody filed a petition that because this is not a sport and only entertainment so such memorabilia wouldn't be counted as memorabilia but as income. So they seized one of the gloves.

Another petition was filed on why FIA should not pay taxes for earnings in India. IT department has sent a notice to pay taxes on the Euro 25000.00 FIA would receive from penalty applied to Vettel.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:14   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another petition was filed on why FIA should not pay taxes for earnings in India. IT department has sent a notice to pay taxes on the Euro 25000.00 FIA would receive from penalty applied to Vettel.
LOL. I guess that's why he jumped on the first flight out of India. I guess Vettel was already out of India by the time he was fined.
Old 28th October 2013, 12:49   #80
BHPian

Interesting race. Unfortunate for India that its return is uncertain at best.
Good Stuff from Vettel. Not really a fan but you have to admire someone as young as he clinching 4 World Championships.
Happy to see the force Indias finally getting double points in India.
What went wrong with webber? Is the fact that its his last few races that his car be retired very often? I think (like someone already mentioned) Vettel needs to thank webber for atleast some of his success.
Loved the donut by Vettel. It was against the rules and should be penalised but it was worth it. He wont be worried about the fine - he's got enough.
I have not seen this before but after the race, it looked very messy around the track with cars being left randomly on the pit lane exit, Vettels car on the start/finish tract, some other cars being shown stopped elsewhere. Is that normal?
Old 28th October 2013, 12:57   #81
BHPian

That's a wrap on the Indian F1 scene. Hopefully, but not definitely it shall return in '15

Some day I would want to go to BIC and stand magnificently in Vettel's Doughnut! He knows how to celebrate for sure! Too bad about the fine...the F1 is far too tight regarding their rules and regulations

Today's Times of India (28-10-2103) states how few people were present at BIC yesterday. More than half of the grandstand was empty and there were a tiny number of famous Indians present. Although this was anticipated by everyone that the lack of spectators in India will only be more than last year, the tickets were still stuck with the hefty price and this year parking was not included-separate charge

BIC should have done something to make the tickets sell out, for a start reduce the price literally to peanuts and keep parking charges off the table! I would have like the opportunity to sit in the grandstand for around 6-7k on the race day. This would surely prevent MORE THAN HALF of the grandstand to be vacant!
Old 28th October 2013, 13:02   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Lucky b@s****!
He is a bhpian
Old 28th October 2013, 13:26   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Today's Times of India (28-10-2103) states how few people were present at BIC yesterday. More than half of the grandstand was empty and there were a tiny number of famous Indians present.
That picture is not telling the true story. I was there (not in the grand stand but as a marshal) and it was jam packed. Crowd trickled in late.

But yes, they need to reduce the prices further & give out some info to the spectators as to what is happening. I had given my wife a sheet of how to recognize the cars (she was in premium south stand) and she found that very helpful even though this was the 1st GP she was watching (including on TV). A whole lot of people around her had no clue as to what was going on other than some really fast cars making some really loud noise.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Yes, had read F1PitRadio's tweet about this. Think it is pathetic that they foul mouthed Kimi there.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That picture is not telling the true story. I was there (not in the grand stand but as a marshal) and it was jam packed. Crowd trickled in late.

But yes, they need to reduce the prices further & give out some info to the spectators as to what is happening. I had given my wife a sheet of how to recognize the cars (she was in premium south stand) and she found that very helpful even though this was the 1st GP she was watching (including on TV). A whole lot of people around her had no clue as to what was going on other than some really fast cars making some really loud noise.
Actually from what I noticed, it was a bit odd. Some of the stands were pretty decently packed, though not as much as in 2011, while others were completely empty.

My impression, stand wise:

Main Grand Stand: pretty full, may be 75% or even quite a bit more.

Premium Stand North: decent about 50%

Picnic Stand North: Chock-a-block, beyond capacity probably

Classic Stand North: a few people may be 30-40%

Star Stand East(1,2,3): Again a few people may be around 1/3rd full, though this is probably the place to catch a lot of overtaking action

Premium Stand South: again decent about 60% full

Picnic Stand South and Natural Stand South: pretty decently filled up.

The 2 Classic Stand East and 2 Classic Stand west had barely anybody in them at all. I think these images of what was practically empty stand made for a worrying picture.

But another thing I noticed is quite a few foreigners had turned up here. I think this is definitely an opportunity and one that should be more well used. The track should tie up with tourist operators and come up with package tours which include a full race weekend ticket+extras along with hotels etc. India's tourism potential, plus the fact that its a cheap country and the proximity of the track itself to India's most popular tourist destination the Taj Mahal, not to mention a huge number of other tourist destinations should be exploited. And that will have the advantage of making the Govt see the annual F1 drama as not just a source of tax but also as a boost for tourism. For this reason I also hope that Jaypee are able to work out a deal so as to secure another October race, rather than sometime in April. April will just be too hot for tourists as well as the teams themselves. If the F1 entourage though they experienced heat in Bahrain or in Malaysia, wait till they come to Delhi in April.

Similarly for people from all round the country too if they offer packages, that will help attract. After all you cant always rest on the hoopla of F1 to attract people to the track.

Other than that I think it would be good if the circuit can drop the prices a bit more, and may be then initially try and fill up the present capacity and if demand is good enough may be increase the number of seats to generate more revenue.

Overall, I feel Jaypee havnt put in as much effort towards the running of the track, promotion of events etc as much as they did in coming up with a superb facility, which has this year almost completely matured as a track and F1 venue.

Last edited by julupani : 28th October 2013 at 14:57.
Old 28th October 2013, 15:15   #86
BHPian

The doughnuts might have costed some money to Red bull team but Vettel won the hearts of Indian fans. We Indians love the show of emotions and passion, and Vettle gave what the crowd wanted. The cheer by the crowd during doughnuts was deafening.

Here are some of my favourite clicks from the event. I so wish I had a DSLR with great lens. My humble Sony HX100 captured as much as it could.

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-083dsc02912.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-087dsc02916.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-122dsc02952.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-216dsc03046.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-334dsc03165.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-361dsc03192.jpg

Quote:
+1. I was at the last row of grand stand and could notice only a few empty seats around. For some weird reason, many people came late and I also saw a few leaving half-way because they couldn't tolerate the music. The star stand was relatively empty.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 15:26   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
The doughnuts might have costed some money to Red bull team but Vettel won the hearts of Indian fans. We Indians love the show of emotions and passion, and Vettle gave what the crowd wanted. The cheer by the crowd during doughnuts was deafening.
India was one of the few recent races where the crowd was not hostile to him and didn't boo him after a good performance. I guess he just thanked and treated the crowd in a way a he could.

With Alonso finishing 11th, he'd still be World Champion even if the race stewards took away the entire 25 points he earned during the race as a penalty for the donuts.

Nice pictures BTW.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 21:48   #88
Senior - BHPian

A little off topic, request the moderators to please move this post to an appropriate thread if required.

Lewis Hamilton in Calcutta today after yesterday's race.
He had come to visit St James' School.
Sadly everything happens only after I pass out.
But a really proud moment for every Jacobean.

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-1378867_773451289336929_1477211758_n.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-1378806_10200321942725264_779560468_n.jpg

2013 - Indian Grand Prix @ Buddh International Circuit-1380821_10200321919324679_129661346_n.jpg
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 07:54   #89
Senior - BHPian

Eric Boullier apologises for Kimi Raikkonen/Lotus F1 radio exchange.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 08:22   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Vettel decided that doing a few donuts on the track is way better than heading directly to the post-race parc ferme -, but disapproved by FIA, who decided on a €25,000 ($34,460) fine against the German.

Most Viewed