Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2013, 20:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 - Abu Dhabi F1 @ Yas Marina Circuit

Just to add, Grosjean and Rosberg finishing 3rd and 4th. Clean race from both of them without any drama. Hamilton seems to have lost the steam since the blowout at home.

The pit lane exit seemed to be a little on the blind spot from the racing line and it might be redesigned for next year. Drivers cannot see a car exiting until it is too late to avoid contact. Not sure if Alonso might get a penalty like a 20 seconds added to his race time for going off track and gaining unfair advantage. Given how harsh the stewards were with Lotus on Kimi's floor test and Hulkenberg's drive through, I won't be surprised with a drive through aka 20s.

Last edited by zenren : 3rd November 2013 at 20:54.
Old 3rd November 2013, 21:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

Seb and Nico just blew their team mates away here.

Anyone have a video of the Alonso-Verge incident?
I wonder if had his nose ahead by a bit and then Verge didnt leave him any room... therefore it was him taking "evasive action" which you are allowed to go off track.

But he was pushing very hard, maybe to cover a 10 sec time penalty.
No news anywhere yet.
Old 3rd November 2013, 22:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Seb and Nico just blew their team mates away here. Anyone have a video of the Alonso-Verge incident? I wonder if had his nose ahead by a bit and then Verge didnt leave him any room... therefore it was him taking "evasive action" which you are allowed to go off track. But he was pushing very hard, maybe to cover a 10 sec time penalty. No news anywhere yet.
Stewards decide no further action against Alo/Ver incident.
To be honest. On today's pace, even with reprimands and few place penalty, finger boy would still win. As usual he was cruising all the way to podium from first lap.
Old 4th November 2013, 08:29   #19
BHPian

Alonso experienced 28G during incident with Vergne - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24798485

2013 - Abu Dhabi F1 @ Yas Marina Circuit-image550261447.jpg

Last edited by sa_kiran : 4th November 2013 at 08:33.
Old 4th November 2013, 12:08   #20
BHPian

The race was available on Star Sports 2 (TataSky). In what is usually a boring race for me, this edition was interesting. Webber just does not have what Vettel has - is it car or is it driver, only RBR team boss knows. What is interesting for me was the way the force indias performed. After so many DNFs, it was good to see them both getting points.
I wont be watching the Austin race due to timezone difference but I hope SFI continues to get points.
Question: is there ever a re-run of these races available anywhere on TV?
Old 4th November 2013, 13:08   #21
BHPian

Any update on sutil's incident? there was an investigation from the stewards on the same, Sutil jumped 2 cars and did not hand back the positions. Not able to find any update on that.

-Sajan
Old 4th November 2013, 13:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Any update on sutil's incident? there was an investigation from the stewards on the same, Sutil jumped 2 cars and did not hand back the positions. Not able to find any update on that.

-Sajan
IIRC, Sutil was in front of the pack and was forced off the track by someone (was it Bottas?) who ran wide and also went off the track. Perez was following the two. Sutil left and rejoined back on track just ahead of Perez who gained one position during this. So Sutil didn't technically gain advantage since he was in front of Perez going into the corner and Perez was not challenging Sutil for his position coming into the corner.

That was investigated during the race and the stewards took the decision that no further action was needed.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2013, 19:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Please be kind enough to post the link so that others too can view the race.

The above link is indeed working. But shameful of ESPN and Starsports to skip F1 event.
Sorry. What I meant was that another link on the same page guided me to the race. I usually use 'Sky Sports F1' link which wasn't working yesterday. But Abu Dabhi F1 link was working.

On topic, found this on James Allen's page posted by user K.

Quote:
The radio messages with his team around the donuts was entertaining too:

@F1PitRadio2: Rocky,”Ah, you did your job, mate. You did your job, well done”
Vettel,”Happier now?”

@F1PitRadio2: Rocky,”Yeah, I’ve counted now, that’s 125,000 dollars”
Horner,”And by the way, you can pay that one”

@F1PitRadio2: Rocky,”And Sebastian, you do need to bring the car back, OK? Bring the car back into the pit lane, please”
@F1PitRadio2: Rocky,”OK, Sebastian, sorry to be on your case, but to be clear, you do need to bring it home, OK, in the garage”

@F1PitRadio2: Vettel, “Ahhh, let me quote, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, guys, I know what I’m doing”
Rocky,”Yeah, I’ve got evidence to the contrary”

@F1PitRadio2: Rocky, “You did pretty good today, you did pretty good, though”
@F1PitRadio2: Vettel, “No, we were, we were, thank you, guys, we did everything we did, we did it together, this year, the last year, the year before, the year before, the year before, the year before, and the next year, WOOO!”
Again a mighty drive from him. He was 30 seconds clear by mid-distance. His new form of celebration is finding favor with me. More of that is good rather than the usual corporate non-sense.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks