Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 16:43   #1
BHPian

F1 championship fight

As u guys know, Alonso is a comfortable 21 points ahead in the drivers standings to Schumi, So do u guys think schumi still has a chance to win the championship?
Looking at FA's current form, its highly unlikely that schumi would be able to catch him. And FA has finished all the races this season on the podium. So practically schumi doesn't have a chance unless FA crashes a couple of times. I know there are many optimistic Ferrari fans here (I'm one too) and there are plently of races left to shift the balance but will the 7 times champion do it another time?

PS: Wanted to add a pole to this thread but had trouble doing it. Could the mods please add one to this.
Old 22nd June 2006, 21:42   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod
As u guys know, Alonso is a comfortable 21 points ahead in the drivers standings to Schumi,.
I thought Shummi was trailing Alonso by 23 points after the conclusion of the British grand Prix. Guys correct me if you i am wrong.

Well coming to the topic, i for once believe that Shummi can catch up with FA and maybe even beat him for the championship this year. The season is not even half way through, there are lot many races to go and i feel MS will be back with a bang
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:13   #3
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

well you are absolutely right, Schumi is 23 points behind Alonso. With a lot of the season still remaining, it is still too early to call it for Alonso. However if Renault's present form continues, Alonso could well be 2nd time driver's champion. However, I feel that Schumi and Ferrari are really gonna up the pace and challenge Renault. Schumi is only 23 points back and that is not a big gap - 3 races can change it all. Also, if McLaren and Kimi put on a late surge, the presure will be on Fonsi and it'll end up helping Schumi. So ya, possibilities still open.
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:51   #4
BHPian

i am not a ferrari fan but going by schumi's past, that guy can do anything. dont rule him out just yet
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:56   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Theoritically the championship is open ... but looking at renault and fonsi my money is on blue and yellow.
Old 22nd June 2006, 23:59   #6
BHPian

I hope schumi wins! Everyone knows he can do the unexpected with "SCHUMI MAGIC" !!! and 23 points isnt such a big lead for Alonso so i hope Schumi wins !!
Old 23rd June 2006, 04:07   #7
BHPian

I don't think Schumacher or even Kimi stand a chance to win the driver's championship. However, if both the Ferraris do well, they can atleast win the constructors' championship (and Fisichella does bad).
Old 24th June 2006, 16:26   #8
BHPian

Sorry guys, u are right. I meant 23 points..guess it was a typo.

Last edited by vinod : 24th June 2006 at 16:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks