Old 28th June 2006, 19:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Where to sit at Monza?

http://www.gpticketshop.com/index.ph...63&sub_cat=tic

The title explains it all. Help!! Soon.
Old 28th June 2006, 19:40   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I would say anywhere on the main straight preferably centrale 1 as u get to watch the cars for the maximum time at monza .. Also there arent many chicanes where u could see the cars bounce off unlike a few other tracks .. Just enjoy watching them hit around 19000 revvs on the main straight ..

If it was suzuka , then i would say how about the giant wheel (unless ur afraid of them) .. A bird's eye view i would say .. Just kidding T-H-T (read the ICE sections for the expansion) ..
Old 28th June 2006, 22:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

depends on how much you want to spend. LOL.

At the Montreal F1, I wanted to have a seat near the pits. costed atleast 400$ anywhere even closeby.

took $60 admissions and bought cheap tickets off some people who were leaving.LOL
Old 28th June 2006, 23:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Either you sit near the start finish line and watch F1 cars zipp past at 360+kmph or, you can take one off the corner stands (especially the quick left and right turns before the back straight - "Variante Ascari") where you can see the cars coming, taking the turns and then leaving.

Shan2nu
Old 29th June 2006, 00:48   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks Shan2nu
Old 29th June 2006, 07:09   #6
BHPian

My experience based on a visit to suzuka about three years ago:

- Make sure you have tickets to grand stands (reserved) and not general admission since people 'book' the general admission area during the friday/saturday practise session. I had a general admission ticket and visted on raceday and walked all over the circuit to find a place to sit.

- Avoid straights and fast corners. The cars will pass you in the blink of an eye and all that you have to savour will be the noise. Also don't sit very close to the track. The best place would be a slow corner/hairpin (second gear) or opposite to pit lane (very expensive)

- Access to giant tv screen. Trust me... else you will not know whats happenning to the race. Man, i used to think that a minardi is leading a ferrari. A radio will be better if you know the local langauge.
Old 29th June 2006, 11:16   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

I say Parabolica .... one of the most amazing Curve in F1 after Eau Rouge ...
Take such a seat where you can see cars coming from your right almost completing(75%?) Parabolica and going on to main stretch.
So you can enjoy cars turning and exiting Parabolica and also the view of main stretch. Carry binoculars or a 800x Digital Zoom Handycam where you can catch some cars. And Record them!!!
Old 29th June 2006, 17:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is what the track looks like. What ever seating position you choose, make sure your angle is such that the trees don't cover the view of the track.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks