Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2014, 09:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Just because the guy doesnt bother giving clarifications or talking does not mean we form all sorts of conclusions out of the blue.
Be a true Kimi fan and be least bothered about what others say! True Kimi fans should emulate Kimi's attitude to these remarks and just ignore the comments.

Considering he was on a 2-stop strategy, his fastest lap is comparable to Alonso's effort considering the fuel load difference. He had to make his tyres last much longer than Alonso's. Bahrain should be helping Merc teams more due to all the testing they did. For other tracks, its new for everyone. They certainly have a lot more track data of Bahrain than others. So I wouldn't put high hopes for RBR or Ferrari in the next race unless the reliability issues start to strike.

However, I've got to say that Kimi is not really helping me much in fantasy leagues
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 10:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Be a true Kimi fan and be least bothered about what others say! True Kimi fans should emulate Kimi's attitude to these remarks and just ignore the comments.

Considering he was on a 2-stop strategy, his fastest lap is comparable to Alonso's effort considering the fuel load difference. He had to make his tyres last much longer than Alonso's. Bahrain should be helping Merc teams more due to all the testing they did. For other tracks, its new for everyone. They certainly have a lot more track data of Bahrain than others. So I wouldn't put high hopes for RBR or Ferrari in the next race unless the reliability issues start to strike.

However, I've got to say that Kimi is not really helping me much in fantasy leagues
Actually i did follow the "leave me alone i know what im doing" path for a long time now & ignore the yaps. But being a fan of other drivers is not even a problem here..go ahead love who you want. My problem is with how a few sources here & there discount Kimi and just count him out with ease as if he was kobayashi. They wouldnt do the same with their loverboy Hamilton would they. So i ignored until i could and then it just boiled over

Anyway, i feel it would be (relatively) an even playing field from Spain onwards for the European leg. I was also surprised with how quick Kimi was in P1 and P2 at Sepang. Yes we were off Mercedes but if you noticed in one of the sessions he wasnt far behind. What that tells us is gradually they are getting the car to the point where Kimi would want it to be. I just hope that happens soon. He needs to challenge for the WDC & time's running out already. Oh & worry not my friend , soon Kimi would be one of the biggest helping factors for you in the fantasy league
Also i get what you say about Bahrain but you never know, Ferrari could be on the podium ! Hoping doesnt hurt.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 10:23   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power;3401888.

I could not care less what the world thinks but for me Kimi is THE BEST
+1

Kimi is a great driver and no one needs to even doubt this fact! Look at what he achieved at Lotus! Guys give him a break! He is in a new car, had a puncture and had to hobble back to the pits, suffered floor damage and yet finishes 12th. How much more do you want a guy to do. Ferrari have lost some of the straight line speed from last year but i think you will see a different Kimi from bahrain itself.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st March 2014 at 18:17. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 31st March 2014, 10:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

The 2014 season so far has been boring for me, starting with less rumble and more whoosh from the PU, the drivers forced to be on cruise mode with the fuel flow limit restrictions, all making it a boring show. FIA is really killing the sport or is it Bernie's bait to bring in the elite manufacturers to F1?

Alonso still fighting for podiums in a slower Ferrari, I hope Ferrari makes the F14T better soon or they are going to lose Alonso end of this season. He drove a very patient and fantastic race. Another terrible race for the Finn, the regulations ensured that he never got a chance to fight back after being pushed to the back of the grid, but only join the cruise fest on track with the conservative 2 stopper.

The Australian's curse seem to continue from OZ, he drove a very good race until his final stop. He was constantly waiting for a moment behind the other Redbull. Vettel has a consistently fast team mate now, have to see if Redbull will handle this differently.

ROFL Moment of 2014, 'Bottas is faster than you'.

What an unfair crybaby he has been, crying to his team earlier on to keep Bottas away from attacking him and later choosing to ignore his team! I am glad the team used the exact same words on the radio

Last edited by anachronix : 31st March 2014 at 10:35.
Old 31st March 2014, 10:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Good show by Mercedes and RBR. Sensible driving by Kimi after the puncture to bring the car home preserving the powertrain since there was limited chance of a points finish without a safety car or rain. He effectively did one pit stop less and Ferrari would have got a lot of data regarding pit strategy for future.
Quote:
About whatever instinct you talk of, it is a known fact that Kimi is very sensitive to the front end of his car and likes to know what the front wheels are doing inch by inch. We also know his F14T is not there yet. That's why I just dont get your judgement.
Just because the guy doesnt bother giving clarifications or talking does not mean we form all sorts of conclusions out of the blue.
Sir, if I support anyone after Schumacher's departure it is Kimi, Alonso comes after him.
I simply love that guy's attitude, and I didn't mean my comment to be so extreme. Infact, you and zenren in his post^ gave me more insight into actually what Kimi went through and how well he drove.

And I very well know, he hasn't got the car upto his expectation and I really hope he gets it very soon, nothing would make me happier than seeing Kimi clinch the 1st position race after race..

So thank You for that and peace!

-Bhargav
Old 31st March 2014, 10:49   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
What an unfair crybaby he has been, crying to his team earlier on to keep Bottas away from attacking him and later choosing to ignore his team!
He had a very good role-model team mate during the last few years to learn how to be an effective cry baby.
Old 31st March 2014, 11:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
+1

Kimi is a great driver and no one needs to even doubt this fact! Look at what he achieved at Lotus! Guys give him a break! He is in a new car, had a puncture and had to hobble back to the pits, suffered floor damage and yet finishes 12th. How much more do you want a guy to do. Ferrari have lost some of the straight line speed from last year but i think you will see a different Kimi from bahrain itself.
I hope. Really do hope so. Practically the substantial upgrades come in from Spain onwards so i would actually look out for the Ferraris then onwards but hey...i wont be complaining if they are scorching the track in Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Sir, if I support anyone after Schumacher's departure it is Kimi, Alonso comes after him.
I simply love that guy's attitude, and I didn't mean my comment to be so extreme. Infact, you and zenren in his post^ gave me more insight into actually what Kimi went through and how well he drove.

And I very well know, he hasn't got the car upto his expectation and I really hope he gets it very soon, nothing would make me happier than seeing Kimi clinch the 1st position race after race..

So thank You for that and peace!

-Bhargav
Pardon me if i sounded aggressive , i was just surprised by the general dismissive attitude towards Kimi everywhere. Its refreshing to find someone actually supporting him like i do. Always heard Kimi is by far the most popular driver with the fans but off late id started wondering where are these fans ?? Its been all Alonso & Hamilton.

Infact i just left a popular scuderia ferrari forum because it wasnt one. It was a 'Forza Fernando' forum under the guise of Scuderia Ferrari forum. Trust me, on the tifosi front the picture isnt pleasing at all for Kimi. They seem to be fiercely supportive of their Latin heritage and hence Alonso. The few times Kimi is spoken of it is usually a fan's interpretation of just how badly Alonso will beat Kimi. Very disheartening to read on a Ferrari forum especially about a driver who won you your last championship.

They worship Fernando and dismiss Kimi so often that it actually made me feel he should have opted for a different team (Mclaren anyone ?) & revive the ghost of raikkonen from 2005
Boy ! Would that make the others shiver or WHAT !

Quote:
He had a very good role-model team mate during the last few years to learn how to be an effective cry baby.

Last edited by Aditya : 31st March 2014 at 18:19. Reason: Fixing quote
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 11:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely, the number of times somebody screamed on his teammate's radio that 'Massa is faster than you', he would have seriously learned to be an effective cry baby

Quote:
Old 31st March 2014, 11:59   #54
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! A lot of Alonso hate! Haha..

I think Kimi will always have a special place in the hearts of the Tifosi since he won the title in the first year with the team. The importance of that cannot be understated.

But he did fade in 08/09 after which the team chose to replace him.

The break and rallying have done him good, the hunger is back and he now wants to end his career with Ferrari.. needless to say on a high note.
Alonso will keep him on his toes, to keep giving his best. Something Massa could not do earlier.

This year, the Ferrari has been down 12-13 km/hr on the straights to the Mercedes, meaning if they were to be down in the midfield due to a racing incident/strategy overtaking will be very difficult.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 14:14   #55
BHPian

Quote:

They worship Fernando and dismiss Kimi so often that it actually made me feel he should have opted for a different team (Mclaren anyone ?) & revive the ghost of raikkonen from 2005
Boy ! Would that make the others shiver or WHAT !

Start of this season, I thought Ferrari had won the championship even before it started. As someone has written earlier, I expected the Fire and Ice combo at Prancing Horse to just sweep the competition clean.

Can't wait to see Alo and Kimi take the podium 1-2.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 15:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Can't wait to see Alo and Kimi take the podium 1-2.
Amen!

I'd still have my preference in that and hold the Iceman at #1. (And would love to see Fonso a few spots behind actually)
What a boring race it was this Sunday for Kimi fans. Wish Magnussen did not exist.
parrys is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 18:37   #57
PVS
BHPian

I was there for the qualifiers as well as the main race, and here are some of the pics:

The Entrance to the circuit:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-012.jpg
View Of the circuit from the Hill stand - It was raining heavily and the qualifiers were delayed by half an hour:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-042.jpg
The Pilot Car:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-046.jpg
Team Infiniti Red Bull Racing
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-071.jpg
Team Ferrari:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-113.jpg
Team Marussia:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-120.jpg
Thanks to a very wet track, the qualifiers had to be stopped for a couple of times:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-207.jpg
Speeding away on the straight stretch of the circuit:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-236.jpg
PVS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 18:53   #58
PVS
BHPian

Some more pics from yesterday's finals:
On the shuttle bus from KLIA to the circuit: the roads are choc-a-block, the shoulder is now a regular lane, and it was a free for all, on the left side of the shoulder as well:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30mar2014-001.jpg
Compared to Saturday, today is a warm day, and the crowds are all set for an afternoon of action:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30mar2014-002.jpg
The Huge Display towards our side - I was too engrossed in the action, to have a look at the screen thru my 55 to 250 zoom:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30mar2014-014.jpg
The race begins and the cars round a corner towards the hill-stand:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30mar2014-020.jpg
The Pilot car following one of the F1 cars:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30mar2014-032.jpg
Speeding away on the straight section of the track:
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30mar2014-077.jpg
Team Force India
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-sepang_30march2014-083.jpg
PVS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 21:15   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Amen!

I'd still have my preference in that and hold the Iceman at #1. (And would love to see Fonso a few spots behind actually)
What a boring race it was this Sunday for Kimi fans. Wish Magnussen did not exist.
Indeed Sir! Actually it wasn't in any specific order, hadn't thought who I wish to be 1st and who 2nd, it was just Ferrari in general taking the top 2, but since you have mentioned it, even I wish to see Kimi 1st and Alo 2nd

-Bhargav
Old 31st March 2014, 22:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari still running the MGU-K at 30% below capacity at Sepang. Hope to get to 80% usage in Bahrain.

So gremlins still being sorted out.

Wonder why they are down on Top speed - has to be aero (drag) or gearing doesnt it? Or is it only due to being down on power - ERS?

Last edited by Hatari : 31st March 2014 at 23:00.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks