Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 16:00   #46
F50
Senior - BHPian

Now, Fonso is dreaming of a All-Spanish line-up for Mclaren for 07.
So, Kimi is leaving and going to Ferrari?
Somedays back I read an article where Frank Williams said the deal of Michael-Kimi line-up has been signed.

Last edited by F50 : 14th July 2006 at 16:03.
Old 14th July 2006, 20:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
Schumachers thoughts on NASCAR:
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/for...l_1741107.html
& personally, I agree.
Same thing was echoed by Nico Rosberg in Thursdays FIA press-conference.
If schumi dont like NASCAR, he can keep his stupiud thoughts to himself.

Oval racing is just as intersting as circuit racing. There is a lot more overtaking, and the racing certainly does look rather thrilling. The speeds are higher, and the cars more evenly matched.

Whats with the NASCAR bashing anyway? It might have flintstones technology, but it is still thrilling.
Old 14th July 2006, 21:59   #48
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Whats with the NASCAR bashing anyway? It might have flintstones technology, but it is still thrilling.
From personal experience, I can vouch that NASCAR is as thrilling as a tetanus shot. IRL has a zero-contact policy, which is about 100% less than the NASCAR policy. I could have become a gr8 NASCAR driver myself, but the problem is my best turn is a right-turn, not left.
Old 14th July 2006, 22:56   #49
BHPian

anddddd............

maclaren make some vereee intersting comments

They have not released Monty to drive in Nascar yet,
Ronzo says that Monty is still a contracted Macca driver and will remain as such till the end of the year and will have to drive for the Mac F1 team if they should choose to do so- also says it may be a strong possibilty.

Basically Ronzo found out abt the nascar deal about the same time as the rest of us, was pissed off Big time, naturally (he heard it on the news!!!), and questioned Juanitas motivation for the immediate races, so kicked his butt out of the seat asap, but may make hime drive ( I guess if PDLR doesnt do well enuff ), he has also nixed the possibility of Paffet or Hamilton driving this year

here are the quotes::
Juan Pablo is fully contracted to the end of the year and if we so choose he will test and race again, that is our option and no one else's," said Dennis. "There is plenty in the press that differs with that fact.

"The way that is unfolded, clearly Juan Pablo struggled at times and I feel the team has always been totally supportive of him and continues to be supportive. You might find that difficult to believe in the circumstances.

"A few races ago we had a conversation that was based on his desire to continue with McLaren, his desire to stay in F1 and we came to a clear understanding that it was immaterial whether his objective was to stay in F1, or whether the team would keep him, or if he went to another team, the best way to achieve that was to have the best results in the latter part of the season, that is how we moved forward.

"I felt if he was focused on having the best end of season, I thought it would be easier for me to take the decision to keep him in the team, and better for him to get a better offer, so common objective was to get the best out of the season.

"Obviously that objective somewhat changed when he decided that in 2007 he was going to race in NASCAR so the objectives became different. The appropriate action was for him to cool off and think about his situation until we have a common objective for the remaining races."
Old 15th July 2006, 04:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Nascar is not going to be a walk in the park. Some open wheel greats who have been humbled by NASCAR are

Scott Pruett
Christian Fittipaldi
Paul Tracy
Boris Said

So far no outsider has jumped to NASCAR and found success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
From personal experience, I can vouch that NASCAR is as thrilling as a tetanus shot. IRL has a zero-contact policy, which is about 100% less than the NASCAR policy.
Havent you heard of the NASCAR nap. They run Sunday after lunch time in the US, so you basically you watch the start and the first 10 laps....doze off..........and then wake up for the last 10 laps.

Last edited by Mpower : 15th July 2006 at 04:11.
Old 15th July 2006, 04:44   #51
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Not to menton the fact that out of 300 laps, over 200 are behind a safety car. more than a couple of times I have witnessed races finishing under the SC period - no racing for the last 7-10 laps. LAME.
Old 15th July 2006, 06:23   #52
Team-BHP Support

I always used to wonder whats so thrilling about cars going round and round. I mean we can do that at roundabouts here.
But then in the USA those games in which ou just need to watch the finish are the most popular. The focus is on sleeping and the beer instead of the game.
Old 15th July 2006, 06:30   #53
BHPian

The NASCAR racers can engage the cruise control (if not equipped, install it) and relax, chill, have a couple of beers. I don't know if the drunken driving law applies in NASCAR.
That's the lamest form of motorsport I've ever seen on this planet.
Old 15th July 2006, 22:53   #54
Senior - BHPian

Yeah....actually NASCAR is more suited for JPM's nature and style. He can do all the bashing and wheel banging he wants..

But still, he's one helluva driver who doesn't give a damn about anything. Its either Do or Die for him.

And doesn't JPM still have a contract with McLaren, heard so during todays qualifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
OT. Now why does'nt Schumacher (yes, the elder one) leaves F1 and go for WRC. He can park his car anywhere in the jungle there.
Arn't everyone done with this!!?? We all know he was penalised, did his time and then saw him come back with pole positions and race wins. Instead of talking about that ONE mistake (or whatever ya'll call it), just talk about the NUMBER of race wins over his career...

And for one thing, he ain't the best in F1 for nothing .

Just a general message, no offence

Last edited by adya33 : 15th July 2006 at 23:18.
Old 15th July 2006, 23:31   #55
BHPian

Cool off karthik, its not suprising anymore to see people who dislike Shummi drag him into every possible thread relating to F-1 in this forum. Its sad but true.

For instance, this is supposed to be a thread relating to Montoya's exit from F-1, but as you can see there are some people who are more interested in bashing Shummi even here, waiting desperately for his retirement

I don't want to start a discussion here but i request the Moderators to kindly have a look at whats going on in almost every F-1 related thread on this forum.

Coming back to the topic Montoya will be missed dearly in F-1. Farewell Monti
Old 16th July 2006, 00:37   #56
BANNED

You know, guyz! C'mon!
When it's about F1, Schumi has to be there!
In F1 there's lot of icon worship involved. And if somebody's icon is Mclaren and it's drivers, then ofcourse everything else (especially Ferrari) will be their hate icons. And if somebody worships Ferrari, then Mclaren etc.. will be their hate icons.

It does'nt mean that they hate them in real life and if for a chance Schumi happens to appear real life in front of a Mclaren fan, He'll also go mad for him. (You can bet me on it). But when something comes up really bad for ones icon then he'll ofcourse find some faults on the others too. It's just a coincidence that any other team-fan than a Ferrari, happens to hate Schumi. There's nothing much to mull over it.

So, whenever there's F1 involved, there'll be Schumi, Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams etc.. coming in too. They always go together!
Otherwise what is F1 without Schumi and Mclaren???
Old 16th July 2006, 09:19   #57
BHPian

Speedzak, i agree with most of the things you say and they make a lot of sense. But then all i am trying to say is why drag Shummi into each and every thread and discussion concerning F-1???

As i said earlier, this thread is supposed to be dedicated to Montoya being bumped out of his race-seat at Mclaren-Mercedes, why don't we just focus on this specific topic when we deciede to express our views in this thread????

PS- If you guys have soo much to say against MS or any other driver or team then i request you guys to please post a new thread for this and express whatever you want against MS. Call him a cheater, spoilsport and what not....Bottom line is IMHO "There is a time and place for everything"
Old 16th July 2006, 11:19   #58
BHPian

No one pulled Schumi into this... infact he did it himself. He didn't have to comment on NASCAR and that too when Monty had just choosen to move to NASCAR.

And Ron choosing to exercise the contract clause is perfectly ok. McLaren is not running a charity trust for Monty. Ron would've to think about a back-up driver for the remaining races. Paffet can't be considered immediately and Hamilton is not even in the picture... So it only makes perfect sense to retain Monty till the end of the season and use him for testing so that Pedro need not be under too much of strain.
Old 26th July 2006, 10:28   #59
BHPian

http://www.planet-f1.com/News/Story_...361782,00.html

I think this was Monty's best move in F1 this season... atleast it saved him a lot of humiliation that might have come his way if he wanted to stick on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks