Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 09:18   #76
BHPian

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Was that Rosberg immediately behind Maldonado when he crashed into the Sauber? Video feed was not too clear and I couldn't identify but it certainly looks like a Mercedes. If there were blue flags for both these drivers, then even Gutierrez should have watched his mirrors more carefully.
Yes it was Rosberg.

Rewatched the complete race and post race analysis on Sky F1. Cannot get enough of it.
Old 8th April 2014, 11:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

That was a fantastic race to watch. Plenty of overtaking and thats what the fans want to see. As many said, F1 was the real winner after being criticized by many as being a snail show.

Its quite painful being a Ferrari fan and watching these GP's. Looks like another dry season for the tifosi's.

Its quite a lot of fun to hear radio messages to the 4 time champion asking him to move over. Im quite puzzled as to how there is such a deficit to Ricciardo. Is daniel setting up his car a lot better than vettel?

Great result for Force India. Well deserved podium for Perez. He has been in supreme form all weekend and has over shadowed Hulkenberg throughout. Its also great to see the Williams look so strong. Massa must be laughing when he sees a Ferrari in his rear view mirrors.

The best bit of racing was upfront according to me. It was mighty of Mercedes to take such a risk and let their drivers race. Thats what racing is all about. However, I am unsure if Rosberg will continue to look so "sporting" if Hamilton continues to finish better. As one website wrote, this could be the start of a new Ayrton Senna vs Alain Prost feud. Probably even bigger than what Alonso and Hamilton had in 2007.

Onwards to china and I hope Ferrari can pull out a magic second per lap in performance.
Old 8th April 2014, 12:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Sorry but bored to the T.

I dont care how interesting it was down the order. Fact remains , the fight was between the rest of the teams for maybe the final podium step and the rest of the skirmishes were even deeper down the order. For me F1 was fun when it was a battle between more than just one team for the top honors, best example being Michael vs Mika.

The way things are going the first two steps on the podium have been sealed for a long time to come. Now where have we seen that before ??? How about the last 4 years maybe ? Precisely the thing that made the sport predictable and boring.

So after all the hooplah surrounding the regulation changes & what not all thats changed is a new team is making a mockery of the sport. I do admit i am sulking because Ferrari are pathetic. Sure i knew they were bad after the first two races but its hard to believe that they are this downright pathetic ! FI and all Mercedes cars were almost ridiculing the sorry excuses for Ferraris.

I really hoped Raikkonen had atleast 1 amazing season since these could be the final 2 seasons of his career and he has ALWAYS been unlucky. If it wasnt for it he would have been a 3-time champion atleast. I really dont care how much Hamilton or Alonso deserve it. IMHO ,Kimi deserves it more than EITHER OF THEM!

Fact remains Hamilton has sometime to go in F1 and he has won it once already & Alonso is a 2-time winner and even he might have a couple of years beyond Kimi. This year is as good as gone i just hope he goes completely bonkers and drives out of his skin next year to bring the perfect ending to an amazing career.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 8th April 2014 at 12:48.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 06:53   #79
Senior - BHPian

Loved the comment!

Name:  ferrari.png
Views: 643
Size:  282.6 KB

Source: f1fnanatic
Old 10th April 2014, 12:19   #80
BHPian

Ferrari have lost their brains. How can they push out pathetic crap for cars year on year. Is there any competitive edge left there. You get two high profile drivers and spoil their careers as well.

The innovation and tricks we have seen from teams like Red Bull and Mercedes are not coming from Ferrari for several years now. Have they put out anything innovative in the last 7 years or so.

They keep making trucks and on top of that keep making mistakes from the pit wall. This is ridiculous.

Now that Mercedes have figured out some tricks with their engine, they are going to run away with the championship and finish it half way through the season. Well done Mercedes and Force India. Good going!

Vettel has caught up with the law of averages. It is fun to watch him end up behind Riccardio!
LandCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 17:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Found this pic from FB. This thread would be incomplete without this picture.

2014 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race thread-sauberflip.jpg

Its surprising that no one asked Rosberg anything about how he felt seeing this crash so close. I was hoping his reaction on the radio would be captured but it is not part of the list of broadcast messages.
Old 13th April 2014, 09:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

We have Maldonado to thank here.
No Maldonado madness = no safety car = no "duel of the decade"!
and no wheel to wheel racing behind them as well.
Hatari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 14:53   #83
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this shared before, thats a good view of things from Rosberg's car.

Old 14th April 2014, 16:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Not sure if this shared before, thats a good view of things from Rosberg's car.

any video available? Onboard view a second later would have been pretty close and clear.

If Rosberg's position/direction is anything to go by, Gutierrez seems to be closer to the racing line than what Maldonado claims.
Old 14th April 2014, 16:18   #85
Senior - BHPian

http://wtf1.co.uk/rosberg-onboard-maldonado-crash/

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
any video available? Onboard view a second later would have been pretty close and clear.

If Rosberg's position/direction is anything to go by, Gutierrez seems to be closer to the racing line than what Maldonado claims.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 12:34   #86
BHPian

I kind of agree with quite a few people who have posted on this thread that there is no fun if a single team continues to dominate. I am proud that Force India managed a podium finish but the point to note here is that they are powered by Mercedes engines. This goes to show that Mercedes is already a couple of blocks ahead of the rest and disappearing into the horizon.
With the Star's resurgence I thought that there would be a turn around in the fortunes of McLaren. Not to be. force India convincingly finished ahead of them.

IMO the 1.6 l turbo engines could be good news as you could see this technology being used in passenger cars in a few years time. All this money spent in F1 RnD should translate to better cars for everyone down the line !

And in other news as the Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali quits could there be a turn around for Ferrari next season ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mot...ne-season.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks