Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 00:00   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Spanish GP - Circuit de Catalunya - Race Thread

Vettel's situation worsens further cuz now he starts from 15th (due to the gearbox replacement in his car); this season is going really bad for him.

As zenren has stated, it would have been fun to watch RIC-VET fight during the race, but I don't think there is any scope for that tomorrow.

-Bhargav
Old 11th May 2014, 06:31   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
As zenren has stated, it would have been fun to watch RIC-VET fight during the race, but I don't think there is any scope for that tomorrow.
Ricciardo will be pitting first, so after his first pit stop he might end up closer to Vettel, wherein we can probably see some Vettel truancy
Old 11th May 2014, 07:26   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ricciardo will be pitting first, so after his first pit stop he might end up closer to Vettel, wherein we can probably see some Vettel truancy
Even in that case, they would be on different strategies and I don't think they'll race each other.
Old 11th May 2014, 13:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
But, then they would be racing on different tyres and different strategies. So, it won't be the same as they both starting one behind the other..

I'm more excited to see how Kimi drives ahead of Alonso. Has he really got the car to his taste now and will he be able to hold Alonso back or what it is.
It would be really fun if Kimi and Alonso climb up the ladder few seconds from the start and come right behind the two Mercs. (wishful thinking that is)

-Bhargav

Last edited by Octane_Power : 11th May 2014 at 13:50.
Old 11th May 2014, 15:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

TBHPians, may like to know one of our own TBHPian "Sideways" is one of three Stewards supervising the Spanish GP

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 16:37   #21
BHPian

I am sensing this year is going to be McLaren, Ferraris, redbull and Renault have had their share. it cant be rigged but the manufactures do put a lot of effort in ensuring they always win the race.
Old 11th May 2014, 19:27   #22
BHPian

So another One - Two for Mercedes as expected. Vettle climbed from 15th to 4th. And both the Mercedes lapped everyone from position 6 onwards.
Old 11th May 2014, 19:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
TBHPians, may like to know one of our own TBHPian "Sideways" is one of three Stewards supervising the Spanish GP

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Maybe he can post and give us some insight into what it's like being a steward ^_^?.

Thoroughly enjoyed this race. As good as Bahrain.
I was worried for Lewis loosing out on the last few laps but great job holding to his position and great effort by Rosberg trying to catch him as well. Meanwhile, Vettel gets his groove back.
Old 11th May 2014, 19:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

That race ended rather well for Alonso fans. I'm sure he would have got Bottas too if he hadn't been stuck behind kimi for half the race.

They were together till lap 40 when Alonso pitted and he made an extra stop work in the last 26 laps. Phenomenal.

Last edited by Hatari : 11th May 2014 at 20:07.
Old 11th May 2014, 19:57   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I've got to say this - the difference between Red Bull domination and Mercedes domination is that Merc have 2 cars fighting at the front, and keeping things exciting. Red Bull didn't (and the few times they did, it ended badly - Malaysia 2013 and Turkey 2010). Vettel impressed with his climb up the ranks. If his gearbox hadn't gone 'crunch' in Q3, one wonders what might have been!
Old 11th May 2014, 21:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Vettel impressed with his climb up the ranks. If his gearbox hadn't gone 'crunch' in Q3, one wonders what might have been!

Nothing would have changed. It would have been same result. Mercedes is on it's own league, clearly a second or more faster than the others. And, Ricardo is faster than Vettle. So P4 is best that Vettle could have got even if there was no grid penalty due to tranny change.
Nitrous Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 22:40   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Nothing would have changed. It would have been same result. Mercedes is on it's own league, clearly a second or more faster than the others. And, Ricardo is faster than Vettle. So P4 is best that Vettle could have got even if there was no grid penalty due to tranny change.
I believe you're right. But it would have been fun to see Vettel chase Ricciardo and fail to overtake him
Old 11th May 2014, 22:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
I believe you're right. But it would have been fun to see Vettel chase Ricciardo and fail to overtake him

Agree with you. It would have been fun watching Vettle struggling behind Ricciardo.
Old 11th May 2014, 22:51   #29
BHPian

Mercedes lapped all cars until 6th place shows in which different league altogether they are. Rosberg claims all he needed was one more lap, but I felt he could have done that if he wasn't held behind by all the lapped cars. In my opinion Lewis had a clean pass on almost all the lapped cars on the last few laps of the session.
I personally felt Vettel's move on Massa and Kimi on his 3rd set of tyres at a left hander was just amazing. He related the same move twice. Neither Massa or Kimi would have expected that.
Also the move by Alonso on Kimi after the straight was another a good show but then it was aided by Alonso fresher tyres which had more grip on the exits.
Barring the last 10 laps and teams different strategy for their team members the race was boring. Spain is usually the track where teams come with more improvements but didn't felt that way for Ferrari nor Renault, Mercedes is still a second or more faster than others.

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 23:06   #30
Senior - BHPian

Masterful drive from Hamilton. Just managed to hold of Rosberg for an impressive win. Great race too for Vettel, charging up the order to a well deserved 4th.

Redbull have definitely narrowed the gap to Mercedes. The same cannot be said about Ferrari. Alonso will be wondering how long he has to wait for a race winning car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks