Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread

So, F1' 200% best race monster driver puts the F14 T on top in a washed out FP2.

The cars look a handful at the circuit. The torque is high, the grips is low and the walls are close. Will be a very tough race weekend for many. But drivers catching the rear around Monaco in slow motion should make for awesome viewing on TV.

Can RBR split the Mercs at least? Can't wait for qualifying!
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Can RBR split the Mercs at least? Can't wait for qualifying!
Merc driver on pole would be hoping for that. That could lead to fewer points for the other driver to add to the championship tally. This is one of the few tracks where you can hold a Mercedes behind you.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:57   #18
BANNED

How come the practice was on Thursday and not Friday.
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Expecting Ferrari to win would be over-optimistic if im honest but at this stage i just want Kimi to obliterate the spanish fellow.
I dont want to get into the finer nuances of what happened in Spain but lets just say im HAVING to support Ferrari since Kimi races for them and after a season full of troubles i wish there is some justice from up above and he goes completely bonkers.
Oh 2005/07 memories , where are you !?
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:15   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The FP1 and FP2 are traditionally scheduled on Thursday at Monaco. I have read its got to do with closure of roads as the racing happens on public roads. For some reason, they want the roads to be open on Friday. Maybe for partying.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
This has been a norm for many decades at Monaco. This allows the public to use the streets on Friday, giving them 1 day of respite as otherwise street are shut from Fri to Sun evening and the whole city comes to a stand still.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:49   #22
BHPian

When Lewis signed up, there was a lot of nonsense going on that there were too many cooks in the technical team. I think Paddy Lowe was a prize catch. Things have really fallen in place at Mercedes technical team. It only remains to be seen what will happen when Red Bull catch up. We will be in for a mega battle I hope. Niki Lauda is doing an excellent job at managing the team. It very difficult to know who does what and how it affects the team. But if the guy at the top knows how to run things (like Ross Brawn, Ron Dennis, Christian Horner), things can really fall in place. This is the problem Ferrari is facing after losing Ross Brawn.

My two cents: Its not the straight line speed that matters. Red Bull have shown that corner speed is everything when they dominated. The downforce generated and aero efficiency play a big role. It the complete package, which ferrari lacked when they lost the championships so closely.

Mercedes have found good power and downforce from their design. As I said again, lets see what is their weakness when they get pushed by Red Bull.

Ferrari is in a bit of a mess unfortunately. They have been left scratching their heads quite a number of times last few seasons. Im a Ferrari fan and it pains to see the team principal is not a competent guy. Ross Brawn should be brought back and given bit of a free reign. LdM should stay away.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Another important feat about Monaco is the unique helmet design some drivers sport over the weekend. Seb's helmet looks AWESOME!

2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread-redbvetthelmetmona201414.jpg

More here:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/05/2...-race-weekend/
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't one of the McLaren drivers sport a diamond on the helmet or car some years back which went missing?
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Didn't one of the McLaren drivers sport a diamond on the helmet or car some years back which went missing?
Jaguar if i remember correctly, on the Nose. Which got dislodged at Loews after an incident.

Those were the days.
Hatari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Jaguar if i remember correctly, on the Nose. Which got dislodged at Loews after an incident.

Those were the days.
Yup! Image attached for drooling : 0
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread-s1_1.jpg  

2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread-t3mqvpl.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2014, 18:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Yup! Image attached for drooling : 0
This is classic F1. Teams will say yes to anything provided they are making money from it! I mean, a diamond as large as my fist, on the most exposed part of a car and the tighest smallest race track on the planet where the barrier are as close as a pair of eyes get to spectacles.. whats the worst that could happen!

Red Bull had done a nice promotion for the Superman movie.. apart from car branding, I remember Coulthard had worn a red cape to interviews/press meets etc.
Old 23rd May 2014, 20:05   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, how about the star wars promotion?
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread-4058_23050590118.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 16:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

P3 is over looks like Merc is not having much of an upper hand on super soft, but they were ahead on soft

You never know they might be holding something back till q3.
2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400927747.328374.jpg2014 Monaco GP - Circuit de Monaco - Race Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400927767.144617.jpg
Old 24th May 2014, 16:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

FP3 seems to indicate a tight qualifying ahead. Ricciardo managed to split the Mercs and is only 0.05 seconds off Hamilton's time. We could see a 4-way battle for the pole between the Mercedes and Red Bull. Ferrari were close behind on 5 and 6 (though not close enough to top 4) with Alonso's and Kimi's times differing by just 0.02 seconds. Others are further behind and it looks like top 6 at least might try to get through Q1 with soft tyres. In case of most mid-field teams, the team mates were very closely matched on lap times just like the Ferraris.

Here is the results in full from formula1.com which pretty much summarises the pecking order of the team's performance too.

Name:  fp3.png
Views: 310
Size:  37.4 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks