Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2006, 20:54   #1
BHPian

German fans cheer Rossi to a sensational victory!

Missed most of the race (hope to catch up on the highlights...and maybe some more elaboration from you Ranjan). Rossi started 11th while Dani Pedrossa. All I got to see was the start and then the last 3 laps.

Rossi climbed all the way from 11th to 2nd (and I missed it ) with Melandri in the lead and Hayden and Pedrossa just behind the genius. Rossi then made a cheeky move on Melandri by diving on the inside, while Hayden tried to go round the outside of Melandri but to no avail.
Finally just 0.327 seconds separated Rossi, Melandri, Hayden and Pedrossa.
Rossi celebrated by wearing the controversial T-Shirt of Marco Materazzi (we all know what he did).

Now this is called racing.
Old 16th July 2006, 22:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ws a great race, Rossi was awesome. Damn those last 2laps were really thrilling.

MotoGP followed by F1, what more can a Sunday bring
Old 16th July 2006, 23:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Haha, the race was really good. None of the guys were ready to give up.

Did yo'l see the drag to the finish line? They were so bloody close...like a pack of Piranhas. LOL

But i tell you, it hasn't been easy for Rossi. Remember the Repsol days? He used to leave the opponents waaaay behind. Now, he really has to give it everything, for a victory. But i guess, a win is a win.

Congrats Rossi!!!

Shan2nu
Old 17th July 2006, 02:53   #4
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Missed the race thanx to stupid Speed TV. they were showing taped replays of da GP2 championship rather than MotoGP . & also missed the sunday highlights. will have to wait till tueday for highlights.
Old 17th July 2006, 06:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
Now this is called racing.
I totally agree. Saw the recording after F1 .. man it was so much better. F1 just doesn't compare in the thrill quotient .. not that that will stop me from watching
Old 17th July 2006, 14:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

It was good, but no way comparable to the sensational high voltage drama between Edwards and Hayden, two races back. (Don't remember where).

Edwards, who was leading the pack at that time, crashed out of that race on the last corner and Hayden went on to take the first place.

Last edited by RX135 : 17th July 2006 at 14:06.
Old 17th July 2006, 15:36   #7
BHPian

RDx thatw as only 2 guys for the lead,
Here it was 6 initially with the last 4 running to the line within 0.3 seconds of each other

One could see Vale's bike didnt have the grunt, melandri got a wheel ahead of him twice in the last lap, but the dude used all his racecraft to hold them back with some brilliant defensive riding.

Nicky's leathers had tyre marks on them from underarm to knee, all that rubber came off from perdrosa's front wheel as Dani tried passing Nicky on the last/penultimate lap.!!!

AWESOME race
Old 17th July 2006, 15:42   #8

Awesome race indeed !!! Now, this is wot makes racing fanatics so bloody die-hard !! Both races yesterday, F1 and MotoGP were testimonials to two racing greats...Rossi and one bloke called Schumi !!!
Old 18th July 2006, 21:01   #9
BHPian

Saw the repeat yesterday...and it was awesome!

Rossi came from 11th on lap one to take 5th on lap 2, and once he took the lead only Melandri could challenge him with 3 laps to go.

It seems everyone was looking forward to "WonderBoy" Dani Pedrossa v/s Rossi, but Rossi seems to beat him neck and crop each and every time, the former seems incapable of even challenging Rossi.

Some quotes for Rossi by commentators:

"Write him of at your own peril."

"MOTOGP Riders can celebrate like Rossi, but they just can't win races like him."

P.S. Can we stop talking abt F1 here please? I know you guys love Schumaker, but it's silly comparing him to a genius like THE DOCTOR!
Old 19th July 2006, 12:49   #10
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
P.S. Can we stop talking abt F1 here please? I know you guys love Schumaker, but it's silly comparing him to a genius like THE DOCTOR!
Truer words have never been spoken before.
Old 20th July 2006, 03:53   #11
BHPian

Valentino Rossi

Most Viewed