Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2014, 16:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring - Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
And we all know how Hamilton has influenced positive and negative development of a car. Merc when he joined and Mclaren when he left, coincidence? may be!
Does that mean Alonso brought down Ferrari to present level as Ferrari were mostly winning when he arrived (or had at least a car of challenging for wins) and look at now where they are?

I think Paddy Lowe (who moved from Mclaren along with Hamilton) might be deserving all (or most) the credit for that. Merc has a plethora of top talent (engineers) so Hamilton's role (or any driver's role) is being vastly over-estimated. Before that Schumacher was with the team, but he couldn't do anything and he was supposedly the best. Driver's are mainly responsible for providing eloquent feedback.
Old 30th July 2014, 18:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I've not read any of JVs other statements, but this one is quite logical, and one I agree with. I've got an opinion forming that Rosberg's arrogance has been increasing across the season, in tone, words and deeds.
Could it be desperation. Nothing less than a World Championship on the line.. for the first time in his F1 career.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 20:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Its clear Mercedes is backing Nico and been toying with Lewis's chances. From the moment Lewis came out of the pits on the Medium compound tires, it didn't look right. All this after having saved all the soft tires from Qualifying and also starting the race on Intermediates, there was no need to use the Medium tires. The laptimes of the Williams should have been a good reference for the pace and durability of the Medium compound tires.

The puzzle was anyway solved when Lewis was asked to move over for Rosberg who was on the faster strategy.

Feel sorry for Lewis, but what goes around comes around, the words "We were racing Alonso" from Ron should be ringing hard in his mind now. Lewis is more matured now and it should be fun watching Lewis fight the great odds within his team. He drove a very good race and I am glad he ignored the team orders.

Caution: There is so much arrogance in this video!

anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 21:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

The whole thing was bad, but Merc handled Lewis' reply quite well. And I am glad that Paddy or Toto stayed out of it during the race.

Here is the how the whole thing became a crisis for Merc. Beautiful breakdown of events by Keith. How Mercedes ended up in a team orders crisis

And now Toto has come out in support of Lewis.

Quote:
“Lewis was asked to let Nico pass because we believed they both still had a chance to win the race as the strategies played out. But Nico never got close enough to Lewis to make the move – and we were ultimately comfortable with the decision Lewis made to hold position.”
Mercedes defend Hamilton over team orders call

Good to see.
Old 31st July 2014, 11:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Does that mean Alonso brought down Ferrari to present level as Ferrari were mostly winning when he arrived (or had at least a car of challenging for wins) and look at now where they are?

I think Paddy Lowe (who moved from Mclaren along with Hamilton) might be deserving all (or most) the credit for that. Merc has a plethora of top talent (engineers) so Hamilton's role (or any driver's role) is being vastly over-estimated. Before that Schumacher was with the team, but he couldn't do anything and he was supposedly the best. Driver's are mainly responsible for providing eloquent feedback.
Nope Alonso is out of context. Ferrari was already struggling when Alonso joined and they never publicly seemed . Also I am not saying that its alone Hamilton alone who turned around Mercedes but he did play a very crucial role and will take a lot of knowledge along with him to a new team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks