Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2014, 13:00   #151
BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Is Alonso really the right driver if team wants to ensure there would be no preferences between drivers and both drivers get equal treatment?
But no one's talking about Alonso going to Mercedes, the current rumor is that he's headed to McLaren.
Old 17th October 2014, 14:12   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy View Post
But no one's talking about Alonso going to Mercedes, the current rumor is that he's headed to McLaren.
For 2015, yes - Alonso is not going to Mercedes. For 2016, if Alonso wanted to be with McLaren, we would have seen an announcement already.

The question is why Alonso is not yet confirmed for McLaren and the answer based on rumors is that Alonso is only ready for a 1-year contract with McLaren so that he can explore the option of a Mercedes seat for 2016 when Hamilton's current contract expires and is not renewed. McLaren on the other hand seems to be insisting on at least a 2 year contract.

The whole talk about Alonso potentially taking a sabbatical is also due to the same reason - to ensure he is free for the lucrative 2016 Mercedes seat. If he indeed takes a sabbatical and Hamilton extends his contract during the winter break, it would be interesting to see what Alonso might do then. Join McLaren eventually?
Old 17th October 2014, 18:55   #153
Senior - BHPian

I dont know why Alonso is hoping for Hamilton to quit and go elsewhere before the 2016 season. Where would Hamilton go? Vettel is signing a record breaking multi million dollar and a multi year contract with Ferrari. Mclaren is probably not on his list again. Red bull - unlikely as they will hire drivers from their talent pool and will not fork out large amounts for a star driver. Ricciardo is slowly creeping into a top level driver also. Looking at Mercedes current form, Hamilton would be set for another title next year again. I'm sure Hamilton will sign a 2 year contract minimum with Mercedes that takes him to the end of 2017 like Rosberg. So there's potentially no seat for Alonso at Mercedes even for 2016.

EDIT: Further more it seems Raikkonen is set to stay till the end of 2016. Could be something Mattiaci requested off the Finn to have some stability
Quote:
Former World Champion Kimi Räikkönen says he will "probably" remain at Ferrari for another two seasons, reaffirming that he intends to see out the rest of his Formula 1 career with the Italian marque.

Räikkönen, who turned 35 on Friday, has struggled on his return to Ferrari, with set-up issues contributing to him sitting 12th in the 2014 standings ahead of the final three races, 94 points behind team-mate Fernando Alonso.

But having hinted earlier in the year that he would likely retire at the end of the 2015 campaign, the 35-year-old says there is the potential for an extra season in the top echelon before switching his focus to other interests.

"I have a contract for next year and probably for one more year," said Räikkönen in an interview with CNN.

"But I'm not a young guy anymore. I want to do something more with my life than just Formula 1. I will finish my career in Ferrari. I never lost the passion. I will stop the day when I feel I don't enjoy it anymore."

Räikkönen also shared a few words on Sebastian Vettel's anticipated arrival from Red Bull next season.

"The guy I have most to do with outside of racing is Vettel," Räikkönen commented. "The rest [of the drivers] I don't really see as friends, I race against them. He's just a normal guy and it's an easy relationship."

Räikkönen remains Ferrari's most recent Drivers' World Champion with his triumph in 2007.
Source: GPUPDATE.net

Last edited by Fullrevs : 17th October 2014 at 19:05.
Old 18th October 2014, 17:39   #154
BHPian

Alonso has said he will be in F1 for 2015. And Jenson's manager has talked about JB moving to WEC if he does not get a suitable seat for next season.
Old 18th October 2014, 18:16   #155
BHPian

Interesting image I came across, season is a wrap!

The 2015 F1 Season-imageuploadedbyteambhp1413636378.150435.jpg
KevinP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 15:29   #156
BHPian

Force India confirm Hulkenberg for 2015

Just a few days after deputy team principal Bob Fernley admitted they are waiting on Ferrari to make their move in the driver market, the Silverstone squad announced that they have retained Hulkenberg.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/95...nberg-For-2015

-Sajan
Old 21st October 2014, 18:26   #157
Senior - BHPian

More worrying news for MERCEDES' Competition ahead of the 2015 season

Quote:
The latest rumor is about a collaboration between Mercedes AMG HPP (Brixworth) and German Engineering company BOSCH. Where they’re set to develop a new Direct injection fuel systems which can operate at 500 bar!
Read more here : http://mercf1fans.com/technical/2015...ngine-rumours/

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 22nd October 2014, 19:11   #158
Senior - BHPian

Autosprint article stating next year's Ferrari may be significantly slower than this year's going by wind tunnel figures.
http://autosprint.corrieredellosport...5-lenta/20017/
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:42   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Autosprint article stating next year's Ferrari may be significantly slower than this year's going by wind tunnel figures.
If that news is credible, then only Ferrari are capable of pulling off something like that. They have a good opportunity when the season gets over to make up ground on their engine as well. At this rate they wont even be able to hold on to Vettel for more than one season.

In other news, Sam Michael is leaving Mclaren and is heading back to Australia with his family. This guy is a super brain with great organisational skills. Rumour is that Jonathan Neale and Tim Goss could be leaving too. Thats the core of their F1 team. Looks like Mclaren are in similar shape to Ferrari.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:09   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
If that news is credible, then only Ferrari are capable of pulling off something like that. They have a good opportunity when the season gets over to make up ground on their engine as well. At this rate they wont even be able to hold on to Vettel for more than one season.
I'm sure Alonso had access to these numbers. Now we know why Ferrari was also sure Alonso would leave at the end of the season and paid so much to get Vettel in!
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:32   #161
Senior - BHPian

Alonso leaving Ferrari has made even the wind tunnel model so slow, they are definitely doomed. May be they should start concentrating on 2016 car?

Quote:
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:07   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post

In other news, Sam Michael is leaving Mclaren and is heading back to Australia with his family. This guy is a super brain with great organisational skills. Rumour is that Jonathan Neale and Tim Goss could be leaving too. Thats the core of their F1 team. Looks like Mclaren are in similar shape to Ferrari.
I think Honda will be filling in a few technical positions. Sam Michael was a sporting director, managed pit stop efficiency among other things. I dont really rate him to be all that good.

Vettel is there for a while. He wont go back to Red Bull with Ricciardo showing him hows its done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I'm sure Alonso had access to these numbers. Now we know why Ferrari was also sure Alonso would leave at the end of the season and paid so much to get Vettel in!
Yes, must have had some inclining to this. I recall an article when Allison first pitched the 2015 plans. He did not seem very impressed and states something along the lines of "have seen enough plans, I want to see speed on track"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Alonso leaving Ferrari has made even the wind tunnel model so slow, they are definitely doomed. May be they should start concentrating on 2016 car?
The new wind tunnel is fine. Its what goes in it that appears to be the problem! In any case no matter how good a car they build it will never challenge for wins due to the engine. 2016 looks very optimistic .
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:28   #163
Senior - BHPian

Lets start the 2016 silly season already then

This news comes from an article published in the same name Autosprint # 42 on newsstands Tuesday, October 21, which deals with the topic in more detail.

Oh yes, lets get the magazine from the newsstand to hear more rubbish about how the 2015 car could be slower than the 2014 car and how Alonso's 6 tenths missing would still hurt Ferrari in 2015. Right time to sell some magazines in Italy eh!

Quote:
The new wind tunnel is fine. Its what goes in it that appears to be the problem! In any case no matter how good a car they build it will never challenge for wins due to the engine. 2016 looks very optimistic .
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:08   #164
Senior - BHPian

If the windtunnel results had shown that the 2015 car (that has probably been tested for the first time, or atleast is very early in its development) is faster than "the current F14T", then I guess that would've been quite surprising. Add to it, the 2015 Ferrari is rumoured to have a totally different front suspension setting, which means changes in the aerodynamics package of the car, which again means that the current 2015 scale model is nowhere near optimised. The article also mentions that the simulations do not take into account the possible gains from the 2015 PU+Electrical components. So I think it is too early to say if the 2015 car will be as fast/faster/slower than the F14T when it starts testing. Exactly how competitive it will be next season, depends equally on the gains made by other teams as well.
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:48   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think Honda will be filling in a few technical positions. Sam Michael was a sporting director, managed pit stop efficiency among other things. I dont really rate him to be all that good.
I remember the epic 2.5 sec pitstops for Mclaren about 2-3 seasons back when Sam just got into the team. Now ofcourse many other teams are emulating the same. They started it first though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed