Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2014, 15:27   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Source

Problems apart, its great to see Honda return to F1 again and again. They have a true racing spirit in their culture.
Pretty surprising considering they launched their F1 programme during the 2013 winter season.

Agree with you Blue_V, its great to see the Honda marque come back to F1. Hope BMW are back too. Another team I liked when they were in the sport. Robert Kubica and the BMW combo was amazing.
Old 2nd October 2014, 05:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

First image of 2015 Honda engine is out.

The 2015 F1 Season-honda-f1-v6.jpg

Source : http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/177145.html
Old 2nd October 2014, 09:56   #63
Senior - BHPian

EJ has spoken. Source

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 392
Size:  458.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Jordan, BBC Sport
"Honda and McLaren want to hit the ground running. They want Alonso or Sebastian Vettel and it's possible both could wind up there. There are moves happening as we speak and possible scenarios that by the end of October there could be a change of management and of drivers in that team."
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:32   #64
Senior - BHPian

All signs now point to Alonso heading to Honda. I feel he wanted to make that decision only in 2015 but Ferrari have forced him to make it now. Does he think the engine deficit is to much on Merc to resolve in the coming years? That could be the deciding factor..
Old 2nd October 2014, 17:28   #65
Team-BHP Support

Honestly, Alonso and Vettel should either look for a Mercedes seat or stay where they are. Honda or otherwise, McLaren don't look like they will not be a force to reckon with till 2017. Even if they do make astounding progress by 2016, teams like Mercedes and Red Bull (and Ferrari for that matter) are not going be sitting idle, waiting for them to catch up. Looking at the way things are going, Mercedes looks set to dominate next year as well.
Old 3rd October 2014, 10:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Alonso signs with McLaren!

http://www.diariomotorsport.com.br/2...laren-em-2015/

https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk/stat...57988316053505

If this is accurate I'm super excited! My favourite team coupled with the Driver whose talent I respect the most.
Oh yes! Macca 2015!!!
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:09   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Alonso signs with McLaren!

http://www.diariomotorsport.com.br/2...laren-em-2015/

https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk/stat...57988316053505

If this is accurate I'm super excited! My favourite team coupled with the Driver whose talent I respect the most.
Oh yes! Macca 2015!!!
That tweet was on Sep 25. If it was true, we would have seen confirmation by now.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:29   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
That tweet was on Sep 25. If it was true, we would have seen confirmation by now.
Ah...
Here is an article by the respected James Allen posted yesterday, where he claims that its "the end of the road for Alonso and Ferrari after 5 years of rocky marriage.”

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/1...a-go-for-next/
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

Alonso to McLaren and Vettel to Ferrari for 2015.

Quite an eventful week! Announcement should be this weekend..

Last edited by Hatari : 3rd October 2014 at 14:36.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 14:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Alonso to McLaren and Vettel to Ferrari for 2015.

Quite an eventful week! Announcement should be this weekend..
Is the second part true. Vettel's chief mechanic is out of RBR but there does not seem any other change. Who would step into Vettel's role ??

And I want to hear from @Anachronix on Alonso moving out of Ferrari.

Last edited by polopm : 3rd October 2014 at 15:01. Reason: Looping Anachronix
Old 3rd October 2014, 15:16   #71
BHPian

Does this mean Fernando is finally leaving Ferrari?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116138

I wonder how competitive Mclaren will be in short term, and if Fernando is looking at long term, why not stick with Ferrari? Maybe the (supposedly) additional 30 Million Euros are too tempting to resist!

Last edited by racingmachine : 3rd October 2014 at 15:17.
racingmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:31   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmachine View Post
Does this mean Fernando is finally leaving Ferrari?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116138

I wonder how competitive Mclaren will be in short term, and if Fernando is looking at long term, why not stick with Ferrari? Maybe the (supposedly) additional 30 Million Euros are too tempting to resist!
I can't imagine them having a worse year than this one. Apart from the engine HP deficit, Flavio B too had remarked that nowadays the best engineers are restricted to England and don't want to shift to Italy. This seems another reason. But this is a big call.. I'm sure Alonso sees and knows things we don't.
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:34   #73
Senior - BHPian

Rumours are getting really strong, practically from all directions.

Possible replacements for Alonso's seat include Bianchi, Hulkenberg and Grosjean if Vettel cannot be pulled out of RBR before the contract expiry at the end of next season.

Hulkenberg really deserve a better car to prove what he is really capable of. It would be interesting to see the old Lotus trio of James Allison - Kimi Raikkonen - Romain Grosjean team up in Ferrari roof where they are not constrained with budget issues as well.

However, for Ferrari to let go of Alonso after this season, it would mean a handsome amount changing hands from McLaren to Ferrari as compensation for early termination of Alonso's contract. With that kind of extra money in Ferrari accounts, it is very likely that they'll use that to release Vettel from his RBR contract a year early as well. With Rocky being promoted at the end of this season, it would be a new engineer for Vettel from next season irrespective of whether he changes team or not.
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Rumours are getting really strong, practically from all directions.

Possible replacements for Alonso's seat include Bianchi, Hulkenberg and Grosjean if Vettel cannot be pulled out of RBR before the contract expiry at the end of next season.

Hulkenberg really deserve a better car to prove what he is really capable of. It would be interesting to see the old Lotus trio of James Allison - Kimi Raikkonen - Romain Grosjean team up in Ferrari roof where they are not constrained with budget issues as well.

However, for Ferrari to let go of Alonso after this season, it would mean a handsome amount changing hands from McLaren to Ferrari as compensation for early termination of Alonso's contract. With that kind of extra money in Ferrari accounts, it is very likely that they'll use that to release Vettel from his RBR contract a year early as well. With Rocky being promoted at the end of this season, it would be a new engineer for Vettel from next season irrespective of whether he changes team or not.
Someone wrote that if Ferrari had to get the hulk.. They would have done so by now. I agree.

Alonso has been allowed to leave, no money has changed hands. The thinking being if he is not happy and committed long term then they do not want to force him.

Honda are showing their influence.. they have called the shots on driver selection on their own. This is not just $100 million plus engines, it seems this is effectively a Honda works team. Good signs.
Old 3rd October 2014, 18:56   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Honda are showing their influence.. they have called the shots on driver selection on their own. This is not just $100 million plus engines, it seems this is effectively a Honda works team. Good signs.
With some strong Japanese influence from Honda in driver decisions, could we potentially see Kobayashi in a McLaren seat in a couple of years? He is as good a choice as some of the new breed of drivers and has a huge fan following among the F1 fans in Japan which could influence Honda's decision for the second driver's seat.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks