Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2014, 23:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 2015 F1 Season

Let me kick start this thread with a tweet from Adam Parr, ex Williams F1 team boss:

Quote:
This is the last year of F1 as we know it. In 2015 eight teams will contest the championship, with several teams entering three cars.
Food for thought.
Hatari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 16:16   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The 2015 F1 Season

First thing that came to my head after reading his tweet = Get ready for Mercedes 1-2-3 . Full podium occupied by the 3-pointed star!

I welcome this move. Would rather see another Ferrari than a Marussia on the track. Plus, it gives more drivers a shot at the world championship. Today's F1 is a lot about the car. Wouldn't be surprised if it's RIP for cash-strapped Lotus, Caterham & Marussia soon.

I'm also excited to see how the McLaren - Honda partnership pans out.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 18:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

And here comes the big NEWS!

PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk
Ferrari secure Bob Bell as technical manager for 2015. #F1 #Formula1
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 19:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

I wish they bring back fuel recharge in between races and unlimited tyre change. My need for this is to see drivers actually pushing the car to the limits rather than play conserve this and conserve that.

Thats what we do on road cars. I expect the pinnacle of sporting cars is to push and show what these cars can do in race tracks.

Its far safer environment than roads and safer for anyone watching it.

This also pushes manufacturers to improve safety and bring in more innovation.

This is selfish ask and i want to see those machines put through their limits rather than driving it like a tour bus on turbo.
VW2010 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2014, 22:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
First thing that came to my head after reading his tweet = Get ready for Mercedes 1-2-3 . Full podium occupied by the 3-pointed star!
If it is a 3-way battle, the drivers could end up being more careful. In current season, Nico can take any risk as long as he ensures that he takes out Lewis along with him (or vice versa) when they are close in the overall points tally. However, the chance of a 3rd driver who would gain significantly at their expense would make drivers much more reluctant to risks.

That said, if there are at least 2 or 3 evenly matched teams, the "not-so-good" drivers would never be able to stand on top step due to the misfortune for a couple of drivers.
Old 11th September 2014, 09:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sure, we would rather see one more Ferrari instead of a Caterham or Marussia. And we all know sporting a car in a F1 race is expensive. A car comes with its own small team and inventory of parts. So, what happens when a big guy is not winning??

Take the example of Ferrari. Will the team be this patient when all 3 cars are not winning for a long time? Its creates as much of a hole in the bank as it does to pride. And if they pull the plug, we will see 3 cars vanishing from the grid at once. Soon, it will be 2 or 3 manufacturers left before we know it.

And what next? 4 cars per team?
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 12:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Sure, we would rather see one more Ferrari instead of a Caterham or Marussia. And we all know sporting a car in a F1 race is expensive. A car comes with its own small team and inventory of parts. So, what happens when a big guy is not winning??

Take the example of Ferrari. Will the team be this patient when all 3 cars are not winning for a long time? Its creates as much of a hole in the bank as it does to pride. And if they pull the plug, we will see 3 cars vanishing from the grid at once. Soon, it will be 2 or 3 manufacturers left before we know it.

And what next? 4 cars per team?
Absolutely agree! (though it's more likely to be RBR than Ferrari)

Back in 2008-2009, Toyota, BMW, Honda all decided to shut their F1 teams. That's 9 cars. And you can bet teams like Lotus, Sauber, Marussia, Caterham would be long gone before they could ever afford 3 cars.
Old 12th September 2014, 09:45   #8
BHPian

F1 has become really serious with the Ferrari boss losing his job over poor performance from the F1 team.

Fiat-Chrysler chairman to take over Ferrari leadership.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/bu...lace.html?_r=0
Old 12th September 2014, 10:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

2015...hmm...

* The return of Mclaren-HONDA. Fireworks.

* Speculations of either the hamster , samurai or fingerboy signing for Woking.

* Sochi & New Jersey street circuits.

* Alison's first Ferrari since re-signing. Ferrari customizing both cars to the individual liking of each of their drivers. Results of Raikkonen-Alison partnership at Lotus being there for everyone to see. Mattiacci decent so far. Booting Domenicali , Marmorini, the departure of LDM & finally the passing away of Emilio Botin ,chairman of Santander. This coupled with speculations of Bell or Ross Brawn himself returning being the first real signs of Ferrari's possible resurgence.

Off the top of my mind these points make me hopeful for the next season. Its been a fresh change to see the cute ones like RBR & Silver Arrows winning for half a decade now but it needs to stop. Them being competitive and right up there is fantastic for the sport no doubt but for a LOT of reasons the real big daddies of the sport Ferrari & Mclaren need to start winning.

Am pretty sure that much like me a lot of fans are waiting to see the car in white & red from Woking fighting it out with that unmistakable Scarlet Italian from the sleepy town of Maranello. Fingers crossed !
Old 12th September 2014, 13:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised that you are still positive about Ferrari Platzdaturbo! After reading LDM's departure day before yesterday, my hopes have dropped even low.

As you said, I am waiting for the Red and White mclaren and the scarlet red Ferrari battling it out. I would be happy to see if the Williams would mix in too. Their resurgence has been the highlight for me.
Old 12th September 2014, 15:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I am surprised that you are still positive about Ferrari Platzdaturbo! After reading LDM's departure day before yesterday, my hopes have dropped even low.

As you said, I am waiting for the Red and White mclaren and the scarlet red Ferrari battling it out. I would be happy to see if the Williams would mix in too. Their resurgence has been the highlight for me.
Simply put i hardly care about Ferrari. I care about Raikkonen. Am his fan.
I remain his fan through thick & thin and i know for a fact my interest in the sport will take a huge dip when he retires so just hooked on till he is around.

Also with Alison i am hopeful Kimi will be better. Lets face it , wont take a lot to be better than hes been this year. I am hoping he gets the car in that window of his liking because if that happens i will relish the total obliteration of the rest.

Again, just wishes. We'll see how it goes.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 17:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Simply put i hardly care about Ferrari. I care about Raikkonen. Am his fan.
I remain his fan through thick & thin and i know for a fact my interest in the sport will take a huge dip when he retires so just hooked on till he is around.

Also with Alison i am hopeful Kimi will be better. Lets face it , wont take a lot to be better than hes been this year. I am hoping he gets the car in that window of his liking because if that happens i will relish the total obliteration of the rest.

Again, just wishes. We'll see how it goes.
There's a good chance you'll have a painful year and a half. Basically as long as Kimi stays at Ferrari. With all this management shuffling, I see another two years (minimum) of pain and sorrow for the Ferrari F1 drivers.
Old 12th September 2014, 19:45   #13
BHPian

2015 Calendar to have a record 20 races, Mexican GP after 23 years..

" March 5 – Australia March 29 – Malaysia April 5 – Bahrain April 19 – China May 10 – Spain May 24 – Monaco June 7 – Canada June 21 – Austria July 5 – Britain July 19 – Germany July 26 – Hungary August 23 – Belgium September 6 – Italy Sept. 20 – Singapore Sept. 27 – Japan October 11 – Russia Oct. 25 – United States November 1 – Mexico Nov. 15 – Brazil Nov. 29 – Abu Dhabi "

Source - http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...fter-23-years/
Old 12th September 2014, 19:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's a good chance you'll have a painful year and a half. Basically as long as Kimi stays at Ferrari. With all this management shuffling, I see another two years (minimum) of pain and sorrow for the Ferrari F1 drivers.
Ask Kimi which has been his worst/weakest season since his debut and he would probably choose 2014 over his sauber year. He would also probably agree that Kimi in the 01' Sauber would beat Kimi in the F14T.

My point is after what iv seen so far dont you think atleast Kimibots would be ready for the worst ? If youv followed Kimi's fortunes this year youd know by now it couldnt possibly get any worse. Infact, if at all theyv been slightly better since Hungary. He drove spectacularly at spa and even at monza for what that horrid car is worth. So if next year doesnt work out too i wont really be surprised but if it DOES ...boy are we in for fireworks then.
Old 13th September 2014, 08:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

They should give the option to the teams whether to field 2 or 3 cars, with the constructors championship decided by the points averaged per car. That would help smaller teams to field 2 cars while competing with bigger teams who have 3 cars on a level field.

Quote:
Wasn't red and white scheme on McLarens due to the Marlboro sponsorship? if we want to see red&white vs scarlet battles, I guess we need to watch the Rush movie or the Senna documentary.

It would be a battle between silvers I guess.

Williams certainly got a good kick out of all the Martini they've had.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks