Old 5th October 2014, 14:23   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Japanese GP - Suzuka Circuit - Race Thread

The silver arrow juggernaut continues.

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2014/931/7407/
Old 5th October 2014, 14:49   #17
BHPian

Utter chaos when the race was red flagged. Took me a while to realize what went wrong.

I do hope that Bianchi will be back on his feet soon. That JCB he hit was quite a large thing!

The race was pretty good while it lasted, though.

Some superb driving from both the Red Bulls, and great overtake by Lewis to get the lead.
Old 5th October 2014, 14:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Here are some videos I found on Youtube, couple of pictures really.

One thing I can make out from the video is, Jules hit his car side ways in to the counter weight of the crane.

Was watching the Sky F1 coverage, Martin Brundle is really upset about the incident. Was explaining about a similar incident he had in 1994 Suzuka GP, where a marshall got injured.

Can't blame anyone for the accident though, its just one of those freak accidents.

Last time I felt this bad was for Kubica's accident in Canadian GP, 2007, was watching that race live, even my Mom got concerned after seeing that accident.

Fingers crossed and lots of prayer really.
Old 5th October 2014, 15:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Same place slightly later Bianchi lost control while recovery vehicle and marshals were taking out Sutils car. Surprising initially marshal was showing only yellow and not double yellow.

Very true Sudev,

The JCB had no business to be on track without a double yellow on the previous post. Worst, helicopter couldn't take off (inclement weather)I believe, and the driver Bianchi is on the way to hospital by road

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 5th October 2014 at 15:29.
Old 5th October 2014, 15:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Vert true Sudev,

The JCB had no business to be on track without a double yellow on the previous post. Worst, helicopter couldn't take off (inclement weather)I believe, and the driver Bianchi is on the way to hospital by road

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
Medical helicopter did take off, it was the decision of the medical team to take Jules on Ambulance by road. Information from Ted Kravitz, Sky F1 team.
Old 5th October 2014, 15:23   #21

I have to say lack of safety car deployment has been very baffling recently. It was shocking to see marshals running across the track in Germany in this year and no safety car was deployed.

I know safety car situations can cause major reshuffle in the racing order, but safety has to come first.

Charlie Whiting has become very slow in reacting to situations.
Old 5th October 2014, 15:54   #22
BHPian

So, the positions before the safety car arrived were finalized? There was a lot of overtaking right before the safety car's arrival. Was not really sure who was in which position.
Old 5th October 2014, 17:27   #23
BANNED

Maybe they should have had speedboat racing! With the typhoon coming could not the race have been deferred.
Old 5th October 2014, 17:40   #24
Senior - BHPian

Jules Bianchi suffered a "severe head injury"

Quote:
12:27 – Marussia's Jules Bianchi suffered a "severe head injury" during his crash at the Japanese Grand Prix, the FIA has confirmed. The Frenchman is undergoing surgery and will later be moved to intensive care.

Bianchi crashed at Dunlop Curve on Lap 43 of the scheduled 53 laps at Suzuka and collided with a recovery vehicle, which had been working to remove Adrian Sutil's stricken Sauber after a crash on the previous lap.

After the medical team extracted him from the car, Bianchi was taken to the circuit's medical centre, before being transferred to the Mie General hospital in an ambulance. The 25-year-old remained unconscious throughout.

"The CT scan shows that he has suffered a severe head injury and is currently undergoing surgery," read a statement from the FIA. "Following this, he will be moved to intensive care where he will be monitored.

"Mie General Hospital will issue an update as soon as further information becomes available."
Source: F1racing.net

I really hope he is ok. What a bizarre accident.
Old 5th October 2014, 17:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

According to reports on French national TV agency, Bianchi's father has mentioned that Jules was operated for cerebral hematoma and still remains in critical condition.

Not using the helicopter seems to be due to the nature of injuries that Bianchi has - in case of injuries to brain, the changes in atmospheric pressure due to the flight could worsen the situation and the swelling inside the brain.

Mika Salo, the driver steward at Suzuka has confirmed that Bianchi has received a hard blow to the head. Bianchi's car seems to have hit the crane's rear and slid under it, with the higher areas of the cockpit including the roll hoop taking the heavy impact.

Hoping for some miracles!

EDIT:
FIA press release:
2014 Japanese GP - Suzuka Circuit - Race Thread-bzljoa7cuaqkj7m.jpg
Source: Autosport forums

Last edited by zenren : 5th October 2014 at 17:59.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 17:54   #26
BHPian

One more article about Bianchi, hope he recovers soon. The Telegraph: Jules Bianchi undergoing surgery on severe head injury after crash at Japanese Grand Prix. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwlf3f3R8
Old 5th October 2014, 20:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

A recent tweet from MS Fan Page.

Accoring to L'Equipe Bianchi's surgery is over and he is breathing without support. Brilliant news. Jules will make it.

#ForzaBianchi!
anachronix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2014, 22:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ok. So we are all concerned about Bianchi and hope he recovers completely and fully.

But WHY THE HELL couldn't this race be preponed to avoid the storm? they (FIA/Bernie) all knew it was coming. Were they hoping it wouldn't be serious enough to cause a threat to a driver's life? What the hell were they thinking?

I think Alex Wurz, who's just become to president of the GPDA, should take this issue to everyone concerned.
Old 5th October 2014, 23:29   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
But WHY THE HELL couldn't this race be preponed to avoid the storm? they (FIA/Bernie) all knew it was coming. Were they hoping it wouldn't be serious enough to cause a threat to a driver's life? What the hell were they thinking?
FIA did make an offer to conduct the race before the scheduled 3 PM not once but twice. It was the race organisers, Honda, whom did not budge.
Old 6th October 2014, 00:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

OMG, found this picture online. This shows how serious the crash was.

2014 Japanese GP - Suzuka Circuit - Race Thread-jules.jpg

Risk involved in open wheel racing, really.

Note: If found in appropriate, please delete this post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks