Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 07:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Who's it gonna be: Hamilton or Rosberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
In my opinion the season was boring compared to the ones before. That is probably because I'm an Alonso and a Ferrari fan. And I also feel that complete domination by a single team is not as fun as close fights
I can understand the disappointment if you are a Ferrari fan, but the season as a whole was far from boring. There were some really close races and we should thank Mercedes and Ricciardo for that. The 2013, 2011, 2009 seasons were worse, much worse. And the main other excitement was the new regulations and the technical approach by each team.
Old 11th November 2014, 09:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Its just from a spectators point of view that i was saying that more competition would be better

And yes, Alonso is most probably going to McLaren but if the three car rule is applied, then he will get a seat in literally any team he wants including Mercedes. We just have to sit and watch.
Always better when its between more than just two people or worst when it's clear only one person would be victor i.e. Vettel years.

Yes 3 car rule is something I do not like but let's see what happens. I personally find it to be baseless and a way to 'bully' the small teams out or if not that at the very least, a way to deny their demands for $100m or whatever it is their asking....
Old 11th November 2014, 10:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

Rosberg winning, though remote will really spice up next year. Will be interesting to see how Hamilton handles it! Lewis deserves the title though.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:38   #19
BHPian

Want Rosberg to get the Title. Absolutely hate LH.
But seems unlikely.

Most probably Rosberg would get the GP, and LH would cruise to 2nd and claim the title.

I was half expecting Massa to take out LH in Brazil, to avenge his 2008 Title :P

Unless Bottas or Ricciardo can do something special, the title is Lewis'.

Would just blast the silly season though, if LH loses. He'd blame it straight on the Team and boom, Alonso could be half smiling.
Old 11th November 2014, 13:43   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I want Hamilton to win it, but I have this instinct that says he might be just unlucky in Abu Dhabi and the barbie girl would become a champion. I guess that's what the Mercedes team wants as well!
I also feel the same way, but hope this time that my instincts are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I want Hamilton to lose. May the luck wrath make its scheduled landing on track day and wreck that engine so Hamilton retires and Rosberg wins.
I don't want Nico to win, but I don't wish to see him crash out or retire. The ideal scenario will be to see Mercedes do a 1-2 with Nico coming second. It will be fantastic to see to him on the podium as the second best
Old 11th November 2014, 15:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Without a doubt. Hamilton. This year and next. This is going to be text book stuff for sure.
I don't see rosberg as a champion. Nor does formula 1.
Its like raikkonen being world champion. Didnt really matter.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 17:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

I want Hamilton to win. He has won the most races, looked the best in race trim (thats where the points are handed out). He surely deserves to win the title. The champion should be the won who wins the most races because it simply proves he was the best all season. If Rosberg wins, its because Hamiltons car has failed much more than Rosbergs. Not a worthy champion to me.

I too wish Schumi would be in the pitwall to watch the drivers crown being sealed up because he deserves a lot of credit for bringing Mercedes to the front. Him and Ross Brawn. #keepfightingmichael
Old 11th November 2014, 17:47   #23
BHPian

Hamilton deserves the title. I really wanted Nico to win after years of struggling with the Williams and then an under performing Mercedes. But Hamilton has been the better driver by far this season. He would have wrapped up the title a long time ago had it not been for reliability issues and the stupid double points rule. If he loses the title on a gimmick, this will go down in motorsport history as the biggest farce, since the rule is unlikely to be there next year or after that.
Old 11th November 2014, 22:10   #24
BHPian

The problem is that many times the person who deserves to win, just doesn't. In the end, it comes down to luck. Rosberg may get lucky in Abu Dhabi. In 2012 also, there is no denying that Alonso deserved the title considering the fact that his car was so slow but inspite of spinning on the first lap, Vettel won it.
Similarly in Abu Dhabi also, we don't know what will happen.
Ive got a feeling that the final race is not gonna be a straight-foward Mercedes 1-2 that most people expect. Cant wait for it
Old 11th November 2014, 22:43   #25
BHPian

Rosberg will win WDC.

Hamilton will do things which only he can do and crash out of the race
Old 12th November 2014, 04:36   #26
BHPian

If the mercs remain reliable, its Lewis for sure. The only thing I am worried about is, he making a stupid mistake while trying to win.
Old 12th November 2014, 06:46   #27
BHPian

Under the Big Pressure , Lewis has already tasted a championship so the pressure on him will be higher as the desire to do it again will be supreme. Nico the pressure will be different and I expect him to win the last race showing the way he raced at Brazil. I expect Nico to perform the way he did at Brazil and put in a faultless weekend. Lewis is more prone to pressure. if you see the whole season Nico has been consistent and that's the reason he is placed in such a position.

All Lewis has to do is keep his head and drive like he did at Brazil without the spin!

News that Alonso has inked the deal with Mclaren is out! Hopefully we will see Jenson next year! I will miss him if he isn't around given that the Honda Engine is going to be right up there with Mercedes! Alonso needs a strong competitor like Jenson to show his class but this is off topic!

Both deserve this though I voted Lewis! Let the best man win! Let's all hope to have a cracker of race at AbuDhabi!
Old 12th November 2014, 12:57   #28
BHPian

LH nearly gave away the Title in 2008, if not for Glock.
And don't forget all his troubles in 07.

I would've put my money on LH crashing out due to a driver error if Rosberg took Pole, if not for his US victory and the near sensible drive in Brazil.

Rosberg, I think has not been that focussed (as in Monaco like ambitious) since his marriage in July.

Rosberg has a whisker's worth of chance, and he should do his best. If he wins and LH fails, it's not his fault.
Remember a certain Fernando Alonso won the title in 05 because the McLaren used to fail every other lap.
Old 12th November 2014, 16:11   #29
BHPian

I want Rosberg to win but Hamilton has too much of an advantage to lose out to Rosberg. Even if Rosberg wins, I don't see Hamilton coming anything other than 2nd granting him the championship. :(
Old 12th November 2014, 16:22   #30
BHPian

IMHO, I am a Ferrari and Alonso fan .... but here are my 2 cents.
I would want Nico to win simply because I personally feel he has a much saner head on his shoulders.
We keep talking about Hamilton's car failures and his bad luck ..... well according to me, it is not bad luck but pretty over aggressive driving which leads to his mechanical failures and tyre failures in the past.
Its not like Hamilton's car uses chinese parts and Rosberg's uses authentic company fitted German parts
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks